City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

jayblue said:
If that is the standard of football where the sheikh wants us to be then we arent that far off.
Why one of the richest clubs in the world has an old man playing at centre half and 2 left fullbacks both on the pitch at the same time yet still unable to do the job of one fullback is beyond me.
every barca player is comfortable on the ball. We have lescott who looks like hed trying to control a landmine.
for me I think we need a centre half and a left fullback and we are nearly there.

Totally agree. By far our weakest areas and tonight highlighted it. We would be a force to be feared with those two positions taken care of.

Unfortunate. That pretty much sums up this one. We were playing so well for a large majority of the match. A silly challenge on Messi and before we know it we've dug ourselves a hole 10 feet deep.

Even when we went down to 10 men, I felt as if we still caused havoc for them. We left it all out on the pitch. I would've been delighted with a 0-1 score line after all that transpired, but that is football for you. We just have to pick ourselves up and play a hell of a match in Spain. How can you doubt us, arguably the most explosive attacking club in Europe? With Aguero back I truly believe we can bag two or three and at least make matters interesting for ourselves.

Also, I agree completely with MP starting with only one up top. He put five in the midfield in an attempt to control the pace of the game and until the sending off, I really thought the match was ours for the taking. I assume he started Kolarov as opposed to Nasri due to him wanting to ease Samir back into the action. He knows better than us.

All in all, I have to respect the effort the lads put out there. 35-40 minutes with 10 men could've been a lot worse. Vincent Kompany is a complete animal, best player on the pitch IMO. CTID. Let's go get it in Spain lads!

Re: How do you feel after a defeat like that?

McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
I'm absolutely disgusted. I thought we played well at times, worked hard when we didnt have the ball. Yaya, Negrado and Fernindinho got stuck in and covered every blade of grass. Kompany was magnificent. Again. And Silva brilliant and unlucky not to score. But Im still disgusted. And I blame Pellegrini. It was him that picked the team and him that picked DiMichelis. How can Pellegrini not see how poor MDM is? An absolute liability, wether it be in defence or midfield. I hope he never wears the shirt again.

"disgusted" are you.
Deary me you absolute plonker.

Proud of the boys tonight :) nothing to be down about, we lost to the best team in the world, and it took a penalty and tired legs at the end :) great performance

ZZmaestro said:
chicagoblues said:
ZZmaestro said:
Now i just feel inside like how Drogba must have felt back in that night.
Barca REALLY are the european rags. When you play against them, you are facing a 12 men opponent.
Yet, the game is still on.
If we manage to have Kun, Silva, Nasri, Fernh and Yaya on pitch at the Camp Nou, then anything can happen.
We "only" need 2 goals to have the rights to play the penalties, nothing we haven't already done before.
"fucking disgrace"

You got it.
A fxxxing disgrace, and the bitter taste of it will last till March 12th.
We can't play against Barca with refs on their side...breath hard and they'll be on ground rolling.

kp789 said:
Begbie said:
i tried to make a new topic about how shite the support were tonight...it got merged or deleted dunno which......

the support were shite tonight
Thanks for your support!
Massive support

Some random thoughts -

Liked the way we set up - first half they bossed possession but we created a few decent chances and on another day....
We had a really balanced bench (a rarity!) with plenty of attacking options. An hour of containing Barca and we'd have probably loosened the shackles and brought on Edin and Nasri (who is fired up and determined to continue his brilliant form prior to injury). Id have loved to have seen the outcome.

The sheer stupidity of MDM's actions defies belief, especially for such an experienced defender. Does he ever fucking learn?! Nope and he never will.
Prior to that he made some fantastic intuitive interceptions but that was counterfeited by his distribution which was hopelessly dire.

Immense performances by several including Vinnie and Ferd (who must have been shattered)

Second goal killed the tie off so lets go there and just go for it.

Pellers got game tactics right. Keep game tight till hour mark then whack 'em. Sending off/PK killed that. With Nasri only just coming back I think the plan always was to swap him for Kolarov. As for why he keeps selecting MDM, think about it peeps, he brought him in, all the other CB's were already here, of course he's going to play him. Don't agree with it myself but hey ho he's the man in charge. Overall top quality performance from most of the players. Assuming Kun and Nasri fully fit for the return I can see giving them a good run for the money and it will be all that much sweeter if we do manage it against all the odds.

Ducado said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Bottom line is two season defining games at home in two weeks, no goals and two defeats. Quite simply not up to it and not good enough when wit really matters.

Really?

Are you sure you are a City fan?
Ah right, sorry, didn't realise we won them both. We're you a frank Bruno fan? Another glorious loser on the big occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.