City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Another major milestone in our development.

Small margins, erratic refereeing, but overall Barca deserved their win.

But as an emerging potential dominant force on the European stage we can also see that there was very little between us and one of the top sides in world football.

Whilst the game highlighted some individuals that are more capable domestically rather than at this level, I thought some of our players were a joy to watch at times tonight - Vinny, Yaya and Zab..... and especially David Silva.

The pressure will be off in the Nou. Sergio will be back. Should be interesting!

Maldeika said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Shirley said:
As an experienced defender, which he is, he should have stayed on his feet and let messi go. He chose to slide in as per usual and bring him down. His choice, he chose to bring him down.

He should bring his own joypad out for fifa which every button just makes him slide tackle

He actually had a decent game up until that point but it was a daft decision. If it stayed 1-0 we are still in the game, but it's not and demichelis getting sent off for a stupid tackle he was never going to win is the main reason for that

Still - how could Demichelis come in a situation to be in a 1vs1 against Messi. That is what I do not understand. There is the mistake. Usually as a defender you then have to try to get the ball prior to the penalty box.

Yes, maybe Demichelis could have thought about leaving Messi to Joe Hart... Sorry, makes me laugh. An away goal from the opponent in the CL usually means going out especially if it is against Barcelona.

It is nice to counter attack - but not to leave yourself fully open in the behind against an opponent like Barcelona especially if Messi is there. Sorry, the problem has not been Demichelis - and not even the not called foul - but to leave the back like this.
Great post. Unfortunately for MDM, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time against arguably the greatest player that has ever lived.

Re: How do you feel after a defeat like that?

McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
I'm absolutely disgusted. I thought we played well at times, worked hard when we didnt have the ball. Yaya, Negrado and Fernindinho got stuck in and covered every blade of grass. Kompany was magnificent. Again. And Silva brilliant and unlucky not to score. But Im still disgusted. And I blame Pellegrini. It was him that picked the team and him that picked DiMichelis. How can Pellegrini not see how poor MDM is? An absolute liability, wether it be in defence or midfield. I hope he never wears the shirt again.
Do us a favour and piss off, mate.

I am proud of the lads, put in a great performance and had as many chances as they did. Demichelis was superb until the red card (and that was outside the box, so shouldn't have led to a goal). Kompany proved definitively that he is the best centre back in the world. Zabba and Clichy were fantastic, Negredo too. Navas kept his width and looked good. Silva was MOTM for me and deserved a goal. Yaya and Ferna were imperious and Kolarov was disciplined. Nasri and Dzeko did well off the bench but Lescott shat himself under the slightest pressure. The red card didn't really destabilize us, we carried on playing well and created chances (if Silva's volley goes in we have a different games on our hands). How you can be disgusted is beyond me. Roll on Stoke...

CTID.

Re: How do you feel after a defeat like that?

McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
I'm absolutely disgusted. I thought we played well at times, worked hard when we didnt have the ball. Yaya, Negrado and Fernindinho got stuck in and covered every blade of grass. Kompany was magnificent. Again. And Silva brilliant and unlucky not to score. But Im still disgusted. And I blame Pellegrini. It was him that picked the team and him that picked DiMichelis. How can Pellegrini not see how poor MDM is? An absolute liability, wether it be in defence or midfield. I hope he never wears the shirt again.

who should he have picked instead? did you see lescott when he came on? its stupid how much everyone hates the media but falls for their dumb narratives all the time.

TCIB said:
nederblue said:
I thought we were totally outplayed. We hardly saw the ball and looked a patch on our normal home form. There were some good performances but collectively it was not good. Say what you want but we are out, il be stunned if we get through. It was also a strange atmosphere in the ground, as fans we need to do our bit. I think we will win two trophies this season and be better in the CL next season. Overall I'm pretty gutted, we should have done better.

Try not thinking then, it does not serve you well.

Give it a rest. We never looked like winning, as I have said that is disappointing as we have been brilliant at times this season at home. I'm not being negative but do you really think the players truly believed they could win tonight? We are a great team but not quite good enough yet.

chicagoblues said:
ZZmaestro said:
Now i just feel inside like how Drogba must have felt back in that night.
Barca REALLY are the european rags. When you play against them, you are facing a 12 men opponent.
Yet, the game is still on.
If we manage to have Kun, Silva, Nasri, Fernh and Yaya on pitch at the Camp Nou, then anything can happen.
We "only" need 2 goals to have the rights to play the penalties, nothing we haven't already done before.
"fucking disgrace"

You got it.
A fxxxing disgrace, and the bitter taste of it will last till March 12th.

Maldeika said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Shirley said:
As an experienced defender, which he is, he should have stayed on his feet and let messi go. He chose to slide in as per usual and bring him down. His choice, he chose to bring him down.

He should bring his own joypad out for fifa which every button just makes him slide tackle

He actually had a decent game up until that point but it was a daft decision. If it stayed 1-0 we are still in the game, but it's not and demichelis getting sent off for a stupid tackle he was never going to win is the main reason for that

Still - how could Demichelis come in a situation to be in a 1vs1 against Messi. That is what I do not understand. There is the mistake. Usually as a defender you then have to try to get the ball prior to the penalty box.

Yes, maybe Demichelis could have thought about leaving Messi to Joe Hart... Sorry, makes me laugh. An away goal from the opponent in the CL usually means going out especially if it is against Barcelona.

It is nice to counter attack - but not to leave yourself fully open in the behind against an opponent like Barcelona especially if Messi is there. Sorry, the problem has not been Demichelis - and not even the not called foul - but to leave the back like this.
I think Vinny ran back and kept Messi on and Demi was out of position ..that is where the trouble started ,,if Vinny had stayed up Messi would've been off side .

Not happy with the result but I am very encouraged and pleased with the performance of the players especially when the circumstances became very difficult.Its all ifs and buts now but obviously Dimechelis, who was playing like someone with something to prove up to that point and playing well, should have used his so called experience to infer that it is better to stay on his feet in that situation.
Clichy is another player I have serious question marks about. He seems to switch off defensively and lacks fire. I blame him for the second goal.

Nonetheless, It was a good and spirited performance and I stress the word spirited because to be honest, I never though the players had it in them to fight like that.

It just wasn't our night and the proof of that was when we conceded the second goal. It is going to be difficult from this point but you never know. We are certainly capable of scoring goals so lets wait and see what happens.

As I said, not our night but cannot fault the players as a group. Well done lads. There is nothing more valuable in a team than a fighting spirit and the team certainly showed that.

David Silva, well he is a genius and Fernandinho is just world class.

The journey continues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.