City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

kp789 said:
mick10 said:
Bl0od said:
1619597_633822213320630_896271272_n.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIxgSTE2oxU[/youtube]

Guys we are not like that. We played good, they deserved win.

Most important we can win at camp nou with Aguero.
Yes the chap in the centre is clearly offside and it was he who put the ball into the net.
That doesnt matter, he was onside in the second phase of play
These offside decisions are given constantly week in week out. While the ball wasn't played directly to him he was clearly offside in the initial move gained the advantage by being so, minor interference of play only by sticking the ball into the net mind, offside and will always be given in that scenario.

mackenzie said:
bugsyblue said:
Not sure why fans are crying about this. They should be fucking proud. 10 men against one of the best sides in the world and we held our own. Ref was poor to be fair and we were equals before the sending off. Yes barca are slightly better than us at the mo but seriously we aren't that far off. Also a lot of players tonight wore their hearts on their sleeves. Vinny in particular was a legend. Well done city!

Agreed. Some need to get some perspective.

Agreed - what do you expect after only 3 seasons?

mcfc_ms said:
Thought we were excellent tonight. Just one lapse in concentration for the first, and the second came from players being shattered.

One thing though is the ref was a complete wanker. Lost count how many times the snidey little shit Busquets and Dani Alves made sneaky tackles that went unpunished. Any 50/50 and it always resulted in a Barcelona free kick and a booking for us.

During the half time when the Barca players were waiting to come out, the ref was in the tunnel and made his way to the Barca players. He was with them a good couple of minutes laughing with his back to the City players. Now don't get me wrong as I prefer a ref who is friendly, but that tosser was clearly loving his moment with the Barca players and I think that was clear to see throughout the whole game.

Carl_Man_City said:
I thought the manager got it spot on, they didn't have a sniff untill the sending off (which came because they won possession in our half through a foul).

I take great pride in knowing we have in Silva and Kompany the 2 best players in the world in their position. Fernandinho was also top class.

Just a really frustrating night, but were here to stay and we'll come back stronger next year

Too bloody right. Had that tackle been t'other way round Barca would have had a free kick. Have we ever had a bloody ref who understands the laws as they are written and applies them even-handedly to both sides, because this pillock didn't tonight. Three bookable offences down the left by the Barca player, and it only needs one tackle by one of ours and the card is out.

And as for the support tonight I thought it was fantastic, apart from the pillock behind me who thought our little group support was biased (of course it's fuckin' biased) and whose opinion that it was 'just a game' is the second time in three games I've had it voiced! What is the matter with these folk? Why do they buy a fuckin' ticket? Watch it at home and leave yer seat for better and more vociferous (and biased) City fans. What a tool!

Re: How do you feel after a defeat like that?

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
kp789 said:
Probably because he did play well until that point. You cannot judge a players performance on 1 second of it, instead consider the other 53 minutes.

MDM was poor all night, sliced clearances or big hoofs up the pitch. He's not good enough, not even nearly. He was the same against Chelsea in the league. But my major issue is the fact that Pellegrini continues to pick him.

Well I disagree. He put a couple of passes wayward but mad a few good interceptions. Thought we marshalled Messi et al quite well
first half. To compare his game V Chelsea to this one, where he played in a different position altogether, tells me you're not up on this game.

I was making the point that he was poor in either position. He can head or make tackles when back to goal, turn him round and his lack of pace is exposed. He lacks mobility and passing isnt great either.

malg said:
Damien10 said:
Just one thing I noticed, and that's fans leaving the stadium before the final whistle. The players played with heart today, especially being down to ten men against a team of Barcelona's class. It would of been easy for them to of given up after the penalty went in, but they fought hard to try come back. Incredible performance with ten men, the only thing that was missing was a goal. Well done to the players for fighting until the death. Now they must fight until the death in the 2nd leg.
It was fucking shocking, looked like a bloody fire drill.

Nothing new. They didn't have any faith on the team to get an equalizer. Its mind boggling.

Kazzydeyna said:
Can't believe some of what I'm reading on here tonight.

I have been guilty many many times of spouting off whilst gutted or angry about a result or performance, and I've lost count of the times I've reread my posts the day after and been embarrassed but bloody hell some people tonight...

MDM was doing just fine until the penalty (that wasn't) and the red card (that also wasn't).

MP IMO got his tactics pretty spot on. As much as they had tonnes of possession , which we all KNEW they would have before the game -it's just how it is with Barça - , they didn't actually frighten us until the penalty.

Even with ten men we IMO matched them for threat in the second half. The second goal was a killer but shit like that happens when you're playing one of the best and certainly the most experienced teams in the world.

Pellers can hold his head high after tonight, as can the team. Am I the only one who is actually thinking "fuck it, we've just been up against the best in the world and you know what? We BELONG in that company. Bring on the next few years . I can't wait"

Well done Manuel. Well done lads. Well done MDM, you especially were robbed tonight mate.

CTID.

Good post..............only thing I could disagree is that it was a certain red card...............their 2nd goal was down to mental/physical tiredness by clichy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.