City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

BVBler said:
BillyShears said:

Can we have Reus and Goetze please. I'll happily talk to the Sheikh and you can name your price.

:)

Seriously, well done on a fine performance. Agreed anything could still happen in the group but I fear for City because we looked incredibly vulnerable last night. Time will tell.

No Price!

Götze and Reus have contract until 2017.

United have been lucky because the Kagawa wanted to go, but Götze and Reus are Dortmund since childhood.

Excuse my english

BVBler

The Rags' midfield is horrible. They are lucky only because they got lucrative sponsor deals through the signing of kagawa. Otherwise, kagawa is a burden on the Rags. He is a flop and totally unnecessary purchase.

makinavaja said:
salfordblues said:
We weren't great last night, but they were fantastic. One of, if not the, best side to have ever played at the Etihad.
i think we made them look better than they really are

Thats a bit disrespectful to Dortmund.. They have been bossing the German league for a while now..

Bayern now calls Dortmund Daddy!!

BVBler said:
I think the national team when he takes away the coward Loew's

Too early - Klopp strikes me as a very ambitious guy. He'll be on Madrid's short list and it's a tough job to turn down. I'd love to think he'd consider City when Mancini leaves.

If you get through this group I think nobody will want to play you.

Blankomania said:
I don't really understand the Garcia bashing on here. He looks slow but de jong and barry were hardly the quickest either.

Before Garcia went off he was winning the ball in the midfield and we were matching dortmund blow for blow.

When he went off we stopped winning the ball and were battered by dortmund.

I know some of you love to single out a player to hate and especially since he replaced a 'fan favourite'. But to pick on garcia who went off injured when we were playing well is a really strange one.

+1,000,000,000

I went last night and was very impressed with dortmund, however ive watched the game back and cant believe the lack of commitment throughout the team. Its as if some off e players didnt want to be there

We look like a team of individuals and its clear that we arent working as hard as we should be.

Slighty worried with the dissent in the team, alot of finger pointing both towards the manager and fellow teammates.

whos better please tevez or dzeko ? arsenal no tevez, dortmund no tevez, look i don't mind dzeko but hes no tevez, 2 toughest games hes not picked his best team end off, best defence last 2 years hes starts messing with it WHY WHY WHY what you hoping for, sell de jong buy rodwell and garcia, milner could do there job but he got 24m sat on bench, then after buying 24m milner cos he had great season for villa in centre mid, he never plays him there but plays him in the carling cup on the WING, rod well and milner 40m of centre mids sat there and dont tell me they needed a rest and he plays 2 kids in the middle, just sell milner mate whats the point of him being there if he's never going to play him in his best position, tevez lescott and dejong were popular with players hope some dont get pissed off and leave, mancini says last year if we want the next step we got to improve well heres a tip dont sell better players than the ones you buy dont mess about with the best defence in the last 2 years and don't leave the best centre forward ive ever seen play for us ( im 34 ) on the bench in your hardest games cos that wont improve us

Re: Last Seasons Team>This Seasons Team

few things wrong last night

1) Starting strikers should have been either aAguero and Tevez or Balotelli, with Dzeko as a pre-determined sub. Not sure why but Edin is a game changer and his type of play doesn't work from minutes 1-50 very frequently, especially against higher opposition.

2) City simply cannot step up to the challenge of the champions league. We start slow and steady and expect to build as if it was a epl match that we want to grow into, meanwhile our opposition in firing on all cylinders ready to rip up the defense. I have to really think of a champions league game that we lead early in and comfortably won

3) Where was the crowd? the noise? Was that really our first home game of the champions league? Not only was attendance below average, but the crowd was nearly dead the whole game only coming to life when we win a shady penalty. If the crowd is disinterested, then city are disinterested

4) I really hope city stop playing around with the formation. What happened to last seasons strategy where Yaya and Barry would sit in the middle, and then if needed one of the struggling attacking players would be subbed for a defensive midfielder allowing Yaya to run riot further up field, and then if we were desperate enough put on the likes on Mario and Edin. This season has seen us try out the new 3-5-2 formation, and i really hope that last night was the death of that idea. While it had promise in the preseason, it simply leaves us too exposed and confused at the back.

I really think that the only positive thing to come from the eerie repeat of our first champions league game last year was that Mario finally got and important goal. I know he scored in the super cup but his whole attitude that game screamed he didn't even want to be there, let alone care about a two touch goal.

Pics and comments on the City v Borussia Dortmund game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citoct12.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citoct12.htm</a>

Kippaxblue5 said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citoct12.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citoct12.htm</a>

WTF is this, lol

_DSC6617.jpg

Kippaxblue5 said:

This ^^^
I was shocked at how quiet we were.
Tried to start a couple of chants in N Stand but just got glared at ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.