City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Not really Vinny wouldn't be the first captain dropped for lack of form and would be the first to acknowledge he is well below his best football and has played well below his best for sometime now.

I would rather play eleven players of lesser ability and talent that want to work their socks offs for the side irrespective of reputation and past history that I can rely upon to get the job done than use players that think that by " turning up " things will take care of themselves.

Quite frankly only Hart and perhaps Zabba could say they earned their pay packet last night and Kolorov for all his flaws at least had a go when he came on which is more I can say for most of rest of the team.

Roll on Sunderland.

Our worst performance under Bobby M. I can't recall any team bossing us like that before. Not sure whether it's lack of form or application, tactics, arrogance or a bit of all of the above.

If we turn up with that attitude on Saturday I suspect MON will be doing cart-wheels on the touch line at 4:45pm (or the equivalent for a 12:45 ko).

And if this persists for any longer it'll be ZERO pots for the season.

Come on City!

mellow yellow said:
Hats off for this Forum – very sportsmanlike. It´s soothing for my BVB-soul, that suffered in the end yesterday evening. We play like this often, but never saw my team that strong against a top-class-rival and delightful, that you give credit. The first half could have ended up 3:3 but at the end I was very disappointed with the draw and I don´t blame the referee for that.
But for your sedation, Football isn´t that kind of expansion, it still could happen everything in that group. BTW was there ever a stronger one?
Last question: why the hell you have the best english goalkeeper for long, long times after all these years of calamities on your island?
Cheers and hope to meet some of you in Dortmund

Well, congrats on a terrific performance. You were unlucky to not to win the match, but paired with the big win over the weekend against the Other Borussia, it seems normal service has resumed for BVB. Klopp is a terrific manager, and I know footy fans from all over this planet who go out of their way to view BVB matches on television, when available, to see the kind of football that your boys play. Whatever you do, just please humiliate Bayern every chance you get, for us City fans too...!! It was wonderful viewing what your club did to them in the DFB-Pokal final last season.

munster said:
Our worst performance under Bobby M. I can't recall any team bossing us like that before. Not sure whether it's lack of form or application, tactics, arrogance or a bit of all of the above.

If we turn up with that attitude on Saturday I suspect MON will be doing cart-wheels on the touch line at 4:45pm (or the equivalent for a 12:45 ko).

And if this persists for any longer it'll be ZERO pots for the season.

Come on City!

All that and more munster.

You can bet that O'Neil will ensure Silva and Yaya assuming they play will instruct his side to have three players on their case tagging them whereever they go.

In Yaya's case they only need two.

They are due for a defeat but for once I hope we get three against them in the first twenty minutes without reply and put the game to bed.

Just a little fact about CL experience - Dortmund's XI played in 60 CL matches and 7 of them are under 25 years. But here Clichy alone played in 47 CL games. Yaya in 40, Nasri 34 and Kun, Silva, Kompany and Javi Garcia played in 20+ CL matches too. Sorry but nobody can say City are not experienced enough, that they need few years to learn in CL.

bapi said:
Just a little fact about CL experience - Dortmund's XI played in 60 CL matches and 7 of them are under 25 years. But here Clichy alone played in 47 CL games. Yaya in 40, Nasri 34 and Kun, Silva, Kompany and Javi Garcia played in 20+ CL matches too. Sorry but nobody can say City are not experienced enough, that they need few years to learn in CL.

After Madrid Mancini said he doesn't want to talk about CL experience anymore and last night he uses it again.

CL experience is pathetic excuse - it's football match like any other, 11x11, better oposition than in most domestic matches but we should always have very good 11 on the pitch and we play at least 8 times against CL teams in domestic competition in a season.

Again, it's lame excuse. Where's BATE's Cl experience? Or APOEL's last year?

MSP said:
bapi said:

After Madrid Mancini said he doesn't want to talk about CL experience anymore and last night he uses it again.

CL experience is pathetic excuse - it's football match like any other, 11x11, better oposition than in most domestic matches but we should always have very good 11 on the pitch and we play at least 8 times against CL teams in domestic competition in a season.

Again, it's lame excuse. Where's BATE's Cl experience? Or APOEL's last year?

Players and manager are trained to trot out certain cliches. I'd be shocked if Mancini were saying the same things behind the scenes.

BillyShears said:

Can we have Reus and Goetze please. I'll happily talk to the Sheikh and you can name your price.

:)

Seriously, well done on a fine performance. Agreed anything could still happen in the group but I fear for City because we looked incredibly vulnerable last night. Time will tell.

No Price!

Götze and Reus have contract until 2017.

United have been lucky because the Kagawa wanted to go, but Götze and Reus are Dortmund since childhood.

Excuse my english

BVBler

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.