City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

joezilla said:
they shredded us in the middle.

This. Dortmund looked impressive. And if I have to apologize, then I'm. Sorry... But Barry and yaya should be the two def mids. Rodwell or Garcia were not ready for such a game! Nasri was below average as well. What a performance by joe hart! Kept us in it and earned us a. Point. Honestly I felt that we got very lucky with the pk bc Dortmund were the much better TEAM.

BillyShears said:
No problem mate and I fully understand! It's just a personal opinion, but the key to that side is keeping Klopp in place. I genuinely believe that he will be offered one of the biggest jobs in world football very very soon. The question will be whether he wants to take it or stay at Dortmund.

BTW ... if you don't want to sell attacking player what price Hummels ? :)

Klopp wants to stay in the Bundesliga, he has said so several times recently including in today's press.
That means that if he does leave Dortmund there is only one possible destination ;-)
Unless he takes the Germany job of course.

-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 pm --

Mancini - ohhh said:
makinavaja said:
salfordblues said:
We weren't great last night, but they were fantastic. One of, if not the, best side to have ever played at the Etihad.
i think we made them look better than they really are

Thats a bit disrespectful to Dortmund.. They have been bossing the German league for a while now..

Bayern now calls Dortmund Daddy!!

Take a look at the table !

bayern blade said:
BillyShears said:
No problem mate and I fully understand! It's just a personal opinion, but the key to that side is keeping Klopp in place. I genuinely believe that he will be offered one of the biggest jobs in world football very very soon. The question will be whether he wants to take it or stay at Dortmund.

BTW ... if you don't want to sell attacking player what price Hummels ? :)

Klopp wants to stay in the Bundesliga, he has said so several times recently including in today's press.
That means that if he does leave Dortmund there is only one possible destination ;-)
Unless he takes the Germany job of course.

-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 pm --

Mancini - ohhh said:
makinavaja said:
i think we made them look better than they really are

Thats a bit disrespectful to Dortmund.. They have been bossing the German league for a while now..

Bayern now calls Dortmund Daddy!!

Take a look at the table !

Haben wir letztes Jahr auch , lange auf die Tabelle geschaut und ihr wart weit weg:)
Ende ist dir bekannt denke ich mal:)

Last year we have also looked at the long table and you were far away :)
End is known to you I guess :)

bluemc1 said:
whos better please tevez or dzeko ? arsenal no tevez, dortmund no tevez, look i don't mind dzeko but hes no tevez, 2 toughest games hes not picked his best team end off, best defence last 2 years hes starts messing with it WHY WHY WHY what you hoping for, sell de jong buy rodwell and garcia, milner could do there job but he got 24m sat on bench, then after buying 24m milner cos he had great season for villa in centre mid, he never plays him there but plays him in the carling cup on the WING, rod well and milner 40m of centre mids sat there and dont tell me they needed a rest and he plays 2 kids in the middle, just sell milner mate whats the point of him being there if he's never going to play him in his best position, tevez lescott and dejong were popular with players hope some dont get pissed off and leave, mancini says last year if we want the next step we got to improve well heres a tip dont sell better players than the ones you buy dont mess about with the best defence in the last 2 years and don't leave the best centre forward ive ever seen play for us ( im 34 ) on the bench in your hardest games cos that wont improve us
You are so right. Why not play Tevez? - Just madness!!

Jany said:
bluemc1 said:
whos better please tevez or dzeko ? arsenal no tevez, dortmund no tevez, look i don't mind dzeko but hes no tevez, 2 toughest games hes not picked his best team end off, best defence last 2 years hes starts messing with it WHY WHY WHY what you hoping for, sell de jong buy rodwell and garcia, milner could do there job but he got 24m sat on bench, then after buying 24m milner cos he had great season for villa in centre mid, he never plays him there but plays him in the carling cup on the WING, rod well and milner 40m of centre mids sat there and dont tell me they needed a rest and he plays 2 kids in the middle, just sell milner mate whats the point of him being there if he's never going to play him in his best position, tevez lescott and dejong were popular with players hope some dont get pissed off and leave, mancini says last year if we want the next step we got to improve well heres a tip dont sell better players than the ones you buy dont mess about with the best defence in the last 2 years and don't leave the best centre forward ive ever seen play for us ( im 34 ) on the bench in your hardest games cos that wont improve us
You are so right. Why not play Tevez? - Just madness!!

Both spot on.

bluebobom said:
We had a few really good chances in the first half and didn't put them away. Don't know why, but I think that's also been a problem in the league recently. Had we got an early goal it might have been a different game. But if you pass up some good chances you've got to be prepared for the other team to come back at you at this level.
spot on!
all chances have got to be taken at this level and three good ones went begging in the first half - if you look carefully after the pen their heads went - it is there and we can do them in Dortmund if - a big if- we convert early - it will be a different story they'll go hunting - we'll catch them out.
it's still open there are twists to come and for my money the champions will come from this league- for certain- hope it's us!!!

The highlights of the match:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmN3nHB9FXs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmN3nHB9FXs</a>

"Hope all the fans stranded in the rain on the Stadium car park last night enjoyed our leftover snacks - You were a credit to your team."
WY Police Horses

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Danny Hoekman said:
Could have been 4-4 at half time. Up until they scored it could have gone either way. Our heads dropped a bit after that. Got out of jail with a late penalty.

I think we've gone back to how we were 2 seasons ago, with the painfully slow build up play, constantly passing along the back line allowing the oppostion plenty of time to organise themselves defensively. That said, we also made plenty of chances!

In the sense that the score was 0-0 then yes at that point of course it could have gone either way but they were absolutely battering us at the point that they scored and that goal had been coming for some time, yet we had not been the slightest threat to them in the 20 minutes or so leading up to that goal.

2nd half was one way traffic. We were very fortunate to get a point and still be in with a chance. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the other team. They were fantastic.

At times they were fantastic, at other times they were getting clear chances because players weren't doing very basic things correctly. I don't care what formation the players are asked to play, not picking up opposition players who are simply standing in space in dangerous areas or players en masse following the ball and completely ignoring runners is unacceptable. I think we made them look much better than they are because we were shambolic.

Surprised to read so many on here saying we're clearly better than Dortmund man-for-man. I'd love to see a breakdown of that, please?
We've spent hundreds of millions more, but that's a totally different parameter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.