City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund always wins against Gladbach. And Gladbach still struggles especially in the defense after a couple of players left for this season. Dante to Bayern, Reus to Dortmund, Hermann etc.

But they tied against Frankfurt midweek and lost last weekend against Hamburg.

In a match Manchester City against Dortmund without tactical changes I really do not know how it would end. Players like Agüero, Balotelli etc. could probably badly hurt their defense but in shape they can be a very difficult team for possession tactics as they are very good and fast on the break - and your creative players do not really like to play against players that double and run their asses off.

But right now I do not know in what shape Dortmund is. They had too much problems lately and their system does not stick too good by now. Reus actions today were more single efforts of him - no team play. He actually has not really arrived in that system and Götze sometimes tends to overdrive in showing off instead of being effective. And if they try to break and make mistakes or the passes are not right - what lately happened very often - their defense is very open...

We have to go 3 man midfield again, we play our best with two DM's and Yaya ahead. For me

----------Hart--------

--Zab--Kompany--Nasty--Clich--

-----Barry----Garcia-----

---------Yaya---------

------Silva----Tevez---

--------Dzeko---------

Tevez City said:
________________Hart______________

Zaba_____Komp____Nastasic_____Clichy

_________Milner____Yaya__________

Aguero________Silva______Tevez

_______________Dzeko_______
No defensive midfielder against Dortmund, did you watch our match with Napoli last year?
Keep the same system we played today with Yaya ahead of 2 holding players and get some continuty.

Barry was class yesterday. Just keeps the whole thing moving.

Although he is an intelligent player for some reason he gets left behind in Europe. Having said that with JG holding, Barry should be fine with Yaya in front of him.

That leaves a returning to form Silva.

Two more places. Who will Roberto choose? Probably Nasri and Aguero.

I'd chose Tevez and Dzeko.

Yesterday was our best defence. But will they play. And yes Nastacic is a better footballer than JL especially in this type of game.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
They beat Gladbach 5-0 today, talk about hitting perfect form right before the game. Reus apparently had a world class performance. Will be a very tough game for us and we have to use the home advantage as much as possible, Arsenal did alright against Dortmund last season if I remember correctly.

Didn't Gladbach get well beat by Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League play offs?

Dortmund are a great side but if we play to the ability that we are capable of I think we will outclass them, especially at home.

They had a better side lasy year yet struggled over two legs against Arsenal, who at the time were struggling in the league.
Reus for me is easily better than Kagawa and I rate Kagawa. Reus is a new signing and has not settled though. They are just on poor form at the minute, but that's due to mistakes. Their first 11 is class. They lack experience in the CL, but they have a better 11 than United. Gotze is a huge talent for me. He and Neymar are the stars of the future.

It's going to be a cracking game, shame it is happening in the group stages, this should be a quarter final match.

Guys - Tevez had played 120 minutes vs Villa and another 70 (if I'm correct) yesterday...I dont think he'll be playing much on Wednesday.

we have to take the game to them, we play much better with 2 strikers up top and yaya as a CM distributing the ball from deep. we were crap vs real in first half because we played with only one striker and that being tevez who always comes to the midfield to collect the ball.
dzeko definitely deserves to start and should start with his current form. nasri is also back and he helps us keep the ball so much and creates chances.

my lineup

........aguero.....dzeko
.................silva
.........nasri.........yaya
...............garcia
clichy.lescott.kompany.zabaleta
................hart

bench:
pantilimon
nastasic
richards
barry
milner
tevez
balotelli

robbieh said:
Barry was class yesterday. Just keeps the whole thing moving.

Although he is an intelligent player for some reason he gets left behind in Europe. Having said that with JG holding, Barry should be fine with Yaya in front of him.

That leaves a returning to form Silva.

Two more places. Who will Roberto choose? Probably Nasri and Aguero.

I'd chose Tevez and Dzeko.

Yesterday was our best defence. But will they play. And yes Nastacic is a better footballer than JL especially in this type of game.

A thousand times this. We are a different team with him on the pitch.

--------------------Hart--------------------
--Zabaleta----Kompany---Nastasic----Kolarov--
---------Javi Garcia-----------Barry-----------
------------------Yaya Toure-----------------
------------Silva-------------Nasri-----------
-------------------Dzeko--------------------

Really think Dzeko deserves to start this game. Tevez has played alot recently... Aguero did look very sharp at Fulham but for me Dzeko needs to start this game. As for Balotelli, for me, he's our 4th choice striker at the moment. Not a very good start to the season for him.

Start Dzeko, bring on Aguero at around 60 minutes for Nasri if things are going well.

I'm going for a 3 - 1 win to City.

Does anyone know what are the BD fans thinking about this game? Found few forums but they're barely discussing upcoming game there.. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.