City Vs Chelsea FA Community Shield Pre Match thread

City v Chelsea prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has to use this game as pre season for the players returning today. If he doesn't, he surely can't expect them to start against Arsenal the week after.

Assuming mahrez is out

Ederson

Danilo (if he's fit)
Otamendi
Laporte
Mendy

Fernandinho
Silva
Gundogan

Sane
Bernardo
Aguero/jesus

Not included any of the English or Belgium players but if any of them are back today, they'll likely get a game too. As good as the kids did in pre season, they aren't ready to play against a fresh looking arsenal away from home

Bravo
Stones Otamendi Laporte
Zinchenko Fernandinho Mendy
Bernardo Foden
Maharez Sane

Doesnt look like Danilo will be in the squad for the game at the weekend....

DjWr-4PVAAAxJqI.jpg

Man City Delhi @ManCityDelhi
Danilo on Instagram. Back in Manchester but he's still on crutches.
1 reply0 retweets10 likes

This counts as a competitive game, teams are only allowed to name 7 subs and only allowed to brig 6 subs on, so can't change the team completely at half time.

Hmm in that case

1st half
Sane Aguero Mahrez
Gundogan Bernardo
Zinchenko Fernandinho Bolton
Laporte Otamendi
Ederson

2nd half

G.Jesus
Brahim

Mendy Silva Bernardo Bolton
Zinchenko
Laporte E.Garcia Stones
Ederson

(Assuming Foden is out)

I am sure that the vast majority of you Blue Mooners out there know far more about football and City than me, but I feel certain that Pep will field a side with one thing foremost in his mind... WIN.

JJ

Doesnt look like Danilo will be in the squad for the game at the weekend....

DjWr-4PVAAAxJqI.jpg

Man City Delhi @ManCityDelhi
Danilo on Instagram. Back in Manchester but he's still on crutches.
1 reply0 retweets10 likes

If Danilo is stuck in Manchester Airport we probably wont see in September with the lines for passport control and the carnage in the car parks.

Foden looks fine on the video of him going into training from City’s Instagram account, so presumably it’s a very minor strain at worst.

Whether people see it as a friendly or not is beside the point, I always want us to win this. Funnily enough, winning this on Sunday would see us holding 5 League titles, FA Cups, League Cups and Community Shields each. Making up for lost time, Blues!

Bring Stones in with Laporte if he's ready, same with Kun supported by Sané and Mahrez. Foden and Bernardo in the Dave & KDB roles with the only question mark being who plays CDM. Zinchenko or young Gomes?

Foden is a must-start for me. This can be the season he establishes himself as a first-teamer of near equal status to Gundogan, Danilo and Stones in terms of minutes. A good performance against one of the big teams will kick-start his progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.