City Vs Chelsea | In match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have been decent so far. Rodwell looks a good threat. Aguero is having a poor game so far but we all know what he is capable of. We need to start taking our chances.

blueinsa said:
Much of the same im afraid for me.

Play well up to a point and then its all one big struggle.

Kuns first touch can be abysmal at times and we rely far too much on the full backs trying desperately to give us the much needed width.

We cant drop points to what for me are a poor chelsea side.

This match is screaming out Dzeko with 2 wingers. Chelsea looks like they are almost giving away the wide areas for free.

Chelsea look knackered.

Rodwell playing really well. Getting involved and creating problems at corners

I'd give Sinclair a blast here. Chelsea are to tired to deal with a pacy runner.

first half summary

It has been a very good first half from city. Weve dominated position, quality of play and chances but unfortunately have not managed to get that first goal. This is bound to change if this performance can persist into the second half.

Big shout out to Rodwell- Get in son, get in.

End product isnt there but cant fault the effort. At one point yaya and silva had gone to press and aguero found himself covering left wing as ivanovic got forward in our half..good team work that but not where we want him.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
We're going to see a red this game. Has one of "those" games written all over it.

Yep. It's not a dirty game, but you can see someone picking up a red for two innocuous challenges, and the MOTD pundits saying the referee had no choice.

Don't think we have a striker who's ideal for the lone front man role anymore since Balotelli left, Aguero is probably the least suited to it though.

Aguero awful so far, cant even keep the ball, he keeps losing it, wont even take a good shot today. Some long shots would be useful.

Chelsea cant be delighted either with Mata, Hazard they did nothing so far, Hart had nothing to do.

MAncini/Benítez played 3 awful draws in PL against each other this easily could be the next if we dont start to attack better.

One more striker in or just get Agüero off for Tevez or Dzeko. Given we cross the ball a lot today Dzeko should have started.
Or we should cross just as much when he plays. But then we rely too much on tiki-taka passing around the box. Cant understand it, but Rodwell, Yaya, Dzeko all going for a header after a cross couldbe good tactically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.