City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TCIB said:
Just had a ganders at theshedend, they are shitting it as much as us at least.
Good to hear! :)

I'm honestly nervous, but I'm nervous before every game.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am --<br /><br />
Sparkys-Army said:
I have to work today, would they believe me if i took a selfie of my body collapsed at the bottom of the stairs?
Fortunately as a fan in the US, I get to watch the game at work via (legal) HD streaming thanks to NBC Sports.

tumblr_m7txrcQIwT1rrthk4o1_500.gif

Chelsea's weak links are the 2 centre backs for me Cahil and Terry we go through the middle like a battering ram with Negrado and YAYA

bobmcfc said:
Been watching old movies trying to occupy myself before this game. I never like to listen to the tv on game day, especially when we are playing another big team

Are you going to the game?
Hope its not just me on my tod on the matchday thread again,i like other ladies with me

Didsbury Dave said:
Chris in London said:
Pigeonho said:
Tell me who will believe it? Who is going to listen to Neil Warnock saying we are lucky and then believe it. Not only that though, what damage could that person believing Warnock's lies possibly do?

Well, they aren't Colin's lies, so he demonstrates the problem in itself. He is simply repeating what others have mentioned. has he watched every City game to enable him to make that judgment? Has he bollocks, he is repeating the same shite others have spouted already without any critical analysis of his own. No less a propagandist than Josef Goebbels said that it doesn't matter what is true, what matters is how often it is repeated. And the number of propagandists (and indeed PR consultants) who have disproved that theory since then is precisely zero.

This bollocks about City getting breaks is getting repeated and repeated, and every time we get a bad decision against us it will be ignored, and every time we get a bad decision in our favour it will be added to the growing body of 'evidence' that we are in fact getting decisions we shouldn't on a regular basis. And it is being repeated across the board in the media to the point where most people other than City fans accept it without a second thought.

So maybe few people would listen to an original thought of Warner and take it as gospel, but he is simply repeating a lie which is being repeated so often and in so many quarters that it is becoming received wisdom without any actual foundation.

Now, what damage does this do? For evidence of the impact that PR management can have, just look at the rags. Why have Sky suddenly started talking about a 'Top 7'? Why is the media silent about the 'worst ever defence of a premier league title' that was the only story in town this time last year? Answer, because the Rag publicity machine has ground into gear to do what it can to arrest their palpable slide. Why would they bother if they know that what gullible fools believe doesn't actually have any real world effect? Answer, they wouldn't, of course. But they know, because there is an army of analysts who can give them chapter and verse demonstrating that this is so, that the more negative publicity surrounds a club, the less likely people will watch their games, click on website/newspaper articles connected to the club etc etc. Brand management - protecting the tarnish-free perception of the rags - is a crucial part of protecting the rags' commercial income, which is a very substantial part of their overall income.

So ask yourself this - we have produced a brand of football that is entertaining and high scoring. Does a general perception that we actually get a shedload of decisions we shouldn't get that add to that, and promote our brand, or detract from it?

And you have your answer.

For gods sake, that couldn't be a more biased account. Unbelievable, in fact.

We are media darlings and Man United are getting hammered from every corner. Mainly because we are a brilliant,well run team on the up, and they are not. The opposite to last season when the coverage was different. The fact that 'we get every decision' was probably less than 1% of our coverage this weekend. the rest was gushing, from every corner of the media. Man united got exactly the same accusations for years when they were at the top.

Stop looking for shit that isn't there. Grow up.

Don't be a prick Dave, debate the issue (if you can) but don't just hand out insults unless that's all you can do.

BTW If you think the rag PR team have all given up, you really need to get your head out of the sand.

Starting to get really nervous, I want us to win this game so much. I still feel sick of the pictures in my head when Mourinho celebrate the awful goal last game and all off the shit coming out off hes mouth last 2 days just make me wanna cruch him with 5-0. Its almost like I dont looking forward to the game, just want the 3 points and a pissed off Mourinho and then I could move forward.

He will pack the midfield in the hopes of stopping us playing ala 18th century football....I think we will struggle to break them down as we usually do when inferior sides park the bus but ultimately we should win by the odd goal.

City 2-chavski-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.