City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperSilva said:
carefree said:
samharris said:
So youre basically writing off our attack( the best in Europe at the moment) yet heaping praise on your attack who failed to score in 35 attempts at home to West Ham??

I am not writing of your attack at all, I think you have an outstanding attack, but without Aguero and Nasri i think gives us a much better chance in this game.

cue Negredo, Yaya, Fernan and Dzeko... throw in Jovetic as well... damn, Chelski still have a better chance!!

Aguero and Nasri do not have the most goals/assist for city...

The goals and assists are spread across more than half of our squad especially our strikers, which is why without Aguero or Nasri we are not too worried...

I know the players you have, all are very good but the reason why i think its better for us that they are not playing is because for our defenders i see Aguero and Nasri along with Silva as the hardest for us to defend against in your team, with 2 of them being out is better for us, although players like Dzeko and Negredo are quality players i just feel our defence can deal with them better then they would with Aguero, when i say deal with them better i am not saying we will definitely keep them quiet, but i would say we have a better chance to then we would if Aguero and Nasri were playing.

samharris said:
AntiUnited said:
carefree said:
I am not writing of your attack at all, I think you have an outstanding attack, but without Aguero and Nasri i think gives us a much better chance in this game.

[bigimg]http://www.bayernfanzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Edin-Dzeko.ashx_-150x150.jpg[/bigimg]

Yaya Toure has 15 goals so far this season,thats 5 goals more than Chelseas top scorer Hazard with 10.

Heres the top 4 scorers for City and Chelsea.

Aguero-26
Negredo-23
Dzeko-17
Yaya-15

-------------

Hazard-10
Oscar-9
Eto-8
Torres-6

I never realised thr Beast has scored the same amount of goals as oscar, eto and torres combined!

If the per match banter is anything to go by its going to be a cracker, can't remember so many opposing fans in a per match thread.

I hope they do press the defence with their "front 4", never seen Chelsea play with a front 4 but it would be interesting as it would become a game of basketball rather like the Arsenal game which would favour City with or without Aguero.

What would concern me more, and what I believe is a more likely scenario is a spoiling game from Chelsea with David Luiz trying to kick Silva off the pitch, hope the referee is up to the job. If he is Chelsea will be in for a tough evening as there top defence will experience something that other top defenses have this season when visiting City, the movement up front will drag them all over the place and at some point they will lose shape and get over run. I expect Kolarov, Navas and Zabaleta to drag them out wide which counteracts the narrow spoiling game and opens up space for Silva Yaya and Negredo.

Looking forward to it and will be buying yellow and red cards, what is Dean's record on cards this season? Ill be surprised if there isn't at least one red and has the potential for a card fest.

BringBackSwales said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
carefree said:
Another Chelsea fan here! I have been reading your opinions about the match and couldn't help replying to some of the madness! I have to laugh at the people who are so confident of putting 4 or 5 past us! i don't think i have ever seen a set of fans not just confident of beat us, but so confident of putting 4 or 5 past us! its pure madness. I can understand why some think you will put 4 or 5 past us as you have done it to many teams this season, but at the same time you should be able to see how solid we are defensively, when we are in form like we are now, the level of performance that we put into the big games is always very high and there is just no chance of you putting 4 or 5 past us.

As for you hate of Mourinho again i can understand that, as most football fans hate him! but that's just how we like it.

As for the game i see it being a close match, we need the first goal to really put us in control, if you guys score first, then we will be in for a big battle. I am very happy that Aguero is not playing, i am a big fan of Aguero, if i had the choice to pick any striker on the planet to play for Chelsea it would be him. But now that he is out i expect you will play Dzeko and Negredo up top, both have scored goals this season but i don't fear them anywhere near as much as Aguero, and they will be easier for Terry and Cahill to defend against the Sergio Aguero. Also Matic v Toure will be a great battle in midfield, something to definitely keep an eye on.

All in all i think Chelsea will just edge this 2-1, hopefully it will be a great game and hopefully that little twat Mike Dean wont spoil the game.
How arrogant to come to think that you can play away to a team the scores 4 and 5 every week and think you can keep it down to 1 or 2. It is nice to know that you like the fact your manager is a poisonous **** who brings nothing but disgrace to football whatever he does. It'll make putting 1 or 2 past you all the much more enjoyable on Monday.

BTP how do you get to use the word **** and it shows as **** whereas when I type **** it shows as ****? Is it a one-off because it is the Chelsea thread?
Mourinho brings it out in me ;-)

malg said:
Hello to the Chelsea lads on here.

Can I ask you honest opinions on the following (I did ask one of you earlier but I can't see a reply):

1. How do you feel about selling Mata (your most creative passer) to the Filth?
2. How do you feel about the rather pragmatic style of football you are playing?
3. Are you OK with Mourinho's 'mind games' or would you sometimes wish he'd give it a rest?

1.The Mata deal I think worked for all parties involved, Mata wasn't part of our plans for this season and was sold for a very good fee, also Mata would've wanted to play regular football which we couldn't guarantee him in a world cup year

2.i think mourinho gas made our team very strong defensively considering we've only conceded 3 goals this year.bearing in mind this was the same defence that let in so many goals last year, this Chelsea team is a work in progress with a very young squad and a few players at the end of their careers,

3.i personally love mourinhos mind games it takes so much pressure from the team, no one talked about our poor finishing against west ham but the press and headlines were about 19th century football

scrill123 said:
malg said:
Hello to the Chelsea lads on here.

Can I ask you honest opinions on the following (I did ask one of you earlier but I can't see a reply):

1. How do you feel about selling Mata (your most creative passer) to the Filth?
2. How do you feel about the rather pragmatic style of football you are playing?
3. Are you OK with Mourinho's 'mind games' or would you sometimes wish he'd give it a rest?

1.The Mata deal I think worked for all parties involved, Mata wasn't part of our plans for this season and was sold for a very good fee, also Mata would've wanted to play regular football which we couldn't guarantee him in a world cup year

2.i think mourinho gas made our team very strong defensively considering we've only conceded 3 goals this year.bearing in mind this was the same defence that let in so many goals last year, this Chelsea team is a work in progress with a very young squad and a few players at the end of their careers,

3.i personally love mourinhos mind games it takes so much pressure from the team, no one talked about our poor finishing against west ham but the press and headlines were about 19th century football
Cheers. The game tomorrow will be a bit like the Superbowl, best offence v best defence (only 3 conceded this year!).

jimharri said:
The_Mo said:
jimharri said:
Quick question to the bluenoses on here; are you lot going to play

as you did at the Swamp and the new library, or are you actually come and have a go at us? Also, what did you make of Maureen's dig at West Ham when you used exactly the same tactics in Trafford and Islington? Is he not a grade A hypocrite?

Damn; that's more than one question. Ah well; never mind. Answer them anyway.
Mourinho then said that he would have done exactly the same thing if he was in Allardyce's shoes. Mentioned it on BT Sport i think yesterday.
So why make the 19th Century dig? It wasn't necessary, and was just a cheap shot at a fellow manager (and I'm no fan of BFS's ''hoofball'').

Its Maureen to the core.. he said that to deflect from his shite effort against West Ham....yes it was a cheap shot,albeit from a man who eye gouges and is so for up man uniteds arse its sad..<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:05 pm --<br /><br />
shaiomarali said:
samharris said:
AntiUnited said:
[bigimg]http://www.bayernfanzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Edin-Dzeko.ashx_-150x150.jpg[/bigimg]

Yaya Toure has 15 goals so far this season,thats 5 goals more than Chelseas top scorer Hazard with 10.

Heres the top 4 scorers for City and Chelsea.

Aguero-26
Negredo-23
Dzeko-17
Yaya-15

-------------

Hazard-10
Oscar-9
Eto-8
Torres-6

I never realised thr Beast has scored the same amount of goals as oscar, eto and torres combined!

Impressive me thinks.:)

Manchester_lalala said:
carefree said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I think your in for a bit of a shock to be honest, you don't realise how good we actually are at the minute. I also don't understand your comment on you being a better team now than at the start of the season, off the top off my head I can't think of a single performance when I thought 'this team are good'. That doesn't apply to us, Liverpool and arsenal.

I am fully aware of how good you guys are, but the fact that you cant see how much we have improved since the start of the season, tells me that you dont know how good we are. We may not play the type of football you play, but we have our own style that has only started to click in the last few months, we have a much better balanced team now, and done some great business in January and our squad is even stronger now.

Yep great business, got rid of your best player mata and brought in two players without premier league experience, let's see how they perform before calling your squad stronger, when in actual fact it could of got weaker.

First of all Mata was not our best player! Hazard is a million miles better then Mata, and Oscar fits our system much better then Mata ever will. We got rid of 2 players in Mata and De Bruyne who didn't suit our counter attacking style of play, and replaced them with Matic and Salah.

Matic is the type of player we have been crying out for to play next to Ramires for a long time now. and Salah is someone who fits our style much better then Mata. We sold two 'bench warmers' for a combined price of £54 Million! how many teams can sell two players in their squad who are surplus to requirements for £54 Million? and we signed Matic (One of the best in his position in the world), Salah (Young player who fits our system much better then Mata and De Bruyne with bags of potential) and Zouma (one of the best young CB's in the World) for a combined price of £43.5 Million making us £10.5 Million profit

Excellent business in my books.

waspish said:
The_Mo said:
If anyone thinks we are going to trounce Chelsea and walk all over them, then their in for a bit of a shock. Chelsea are masters at grinding out results against top european teams. Even Barcelona couldn't beat them when Chelsea were in Camp Nou and down to 10 men.

Agree.. The way they defended and grinded out that result against West Ham was site to be seen awesome stuff ;)
They decided to settle for a draw as they approached 90 minuets. IMO it was better to just get the draw rather than risk being hit on the counter and end up with no points. Your saying it like they came out looking for a draw. Also, this is the same West Ham team that held Liverpool too.<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:07 pm --<br /><br />
jimharri said:
The_Mo said:
jimharri said:
Quick question to the bluenoses on here; are you lot going to play

as you did at the Swamp and the new library, or are you actually come and have a go at us? Also, what did you make of Maureen's dig at West Ham when you used exactly the same tactics in Trafford and Islington? Is he not a grade A hypocrite?

Damn; that's more than one question. Ah well; never mind. Answer them anyway.
Mourinho then said that he would have done exactly the same thing if he was in Allardyce's shoes. Mentioned it on BT Sport i think yesterday.
So why make the 19th Century dig? It wasn't necessary, and was just a cheap shot at a fellow manager (and I'm no fan of BFS's ''hoofball'').
To take the focus off the team. All the headlines were about his remarks.

samharris said:
carefree said:
samharris said:
If it 'means nothing to you'..then why the maureen mind games?? please dont post shite like that before the biggest game of the season..It means a whole lot to us,mark my words..If anything the arrogance on this thread is yours..

In case you dont remember all the pundits had City as the better team at your place 2nd half,and but for the lack of concentration between Hart and Nastasic it would have been a draw..

Btw where are you posting from ( what country) if you dont mind me asking??

I don't see how that is arrogant to say it doesn't mean anything to us, how many goals you score past West Ham in the league cup. Why is that relevant to this game?

and i am posting from England btw

Then if you are from England youll have heard of the saying 'youre only as good as your last result'.. well your last result was to west ham and was basiclly shite in all honesty..so yes it has a great bearing on the game..
Hence why I think your comment was arrogant.

Thats just a saying, it doesnt mean its actually true, I doubt Mourinho will have spent too much time talking about the West Ham game with the team, and i am pretty sure our players have forgotten about that game already, we know if we could have played the match again chances are we would beat them. We played well and just couldn't score, it happens, that's football for you. that was not the type of match what you beat yourself up about. If anything it will make us more determined to make up for that game.<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:16 pm --<br /><br />
waspish said:
carefree said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I think your in for a bit of a shock to be honest, you don't realise how good we actually are at the minute. I also don't understand your comment on you being a better team now than at the start of the season, off the top off my head I can't think of a single performance when I thought 'this team are good'. That doesn't apply to us, Liverpool and arsenal.

I am fully aware of how good you guys are, but the fact that you cant see how much we have improved since the start of the season, tells me that you dont know how good we are. We may not play the type of football you play, but we have our own style that has only started to click in the last few months, we have a much better balanced team now, and done some great business in January and our squad is even stronger now.

I've seen enough if Chelsea this season to know it will be a very hard game a spoiling one at that from Chelsea and you can't blame them but when teams attack Chelsea they get results also I've notice that certain players in the Chelsea side have an inferior complex when playing us, be interesting if the big headed one have Made there mind stronger...

I agree with that but that was last season, I was so annoyed with the way we played against you last season in every match we looked scared of you, but i think its clear thats not the case anymore, we looked confident against you at the Bridge this season, i dont think we fear you at all right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.