City Vs Chelsea Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manuel must play with one striker, he can't afford to give Chelsea space in midfield. Secondly Lampard should never start. And last but not least, Mangala, he must start. The pace and power of him and Kompany will make Costa wish he had stayed at home for this one. If Demi plays then Costa will just hang onto him, don't not give him the option to pick his battles. Costa pick between Mangala and Kompany, which one do you fancy out pacing and out powering, good luck.

There should be no weak links today and I see Demi and Lamaprd being two weak links that Chelsea would look to expose.

Mangala should start today. He has pace and power and its hardly like he's 18 and never played a big game? !?! And please manuel one up top and milner in midfield!! Every game we get over run in that area and its the only thing that frustrates me about pellers! Gutted fernando is still not fit but jimmy has looked in good form last couple of games and deserves his chance. My team would be:

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Yaya
Milner
Silva
Nasri
Sergio

Nasri always seems to play well against the chavs so with jovetic injured gets another crack. Yaya said the right things in the MEN interview but now needs to show his commitment and quality to get our season going finally!

richards30 said:
Mangala should start today. He has pace and power and its hardly like he's 18 and never played a big game? !?! And please manuel one up top and milner in midfield!! Every game we get over run in that area and its the only thing that frustrates me about pellers! Gutted fernando is still not fit but jimmy has looked in good form last couple of games and deserves his chance. My team would be:

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Yaya
Milner
Silva
Nasri
Sergio

Nasri always seems to play well against the chavs so with jovetic injured gets another crack. Yaya said the right things in the MEN interview but now needs to show his commitment and quality to get our season going finally!

Seems about right although a little harsh on MDM. It would be positive to start with both Kun and Edin but a 5 man midfield is probably needed so that Milner and Nasri can block of the wing backs which, to me, is where the game will be won or lost. Pab and Kola need to been on top form. As ever, I would happily take a draw. It's only September and so no need to panic!

Can't see us winning this, maybe a draw. Demi WILL start rather than Mangala; he's done nothing to warrant being left out, and this isn't a game to throw in a new CB partnership. Costa will be no threat if he gets no supply, so it's more about coping with Fabregas, Hazard et al. So if we play 4-4-2 we'll get overrun in midfield and they'll have a field day.
I presume Aguero was left out at Bayern to be ready for this, so assume he starts in a 4-5-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.