City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte is one of the best managers tactically. Doubt he'll leave his team exposed like Luis Enrique did.

You mean like against Arsenal when they were 3-0 down prior to half time?
You simply cannot do anything tactically when man for man our key men AKA Aguero, KDB, Sterling, Silva and Fernandinho are on it to their max. Its unplayable in this league and Barca showed even the best cannot handle it but we must be perfect.
Making no false judgement here I rate Chelsea hugely under their new set up but we have the capability to kill any side on the planet if we turn up. I dont think we have turned up once since Everton besides the second half against Barca where we were nothing short of beasts to a man.

I am usually not too confident in these kind of games as Pellegrini left me with little to no hope that we were prepared, but with a full week on the training ground I truly believe we will romp it saturday. As childish as it is, law of averages says Chelsea cannot continue to win back to back to back in tight games, so I fancy us to stun them

I watched the Spurs game and they were the better side, further I feel Boro did enough to earn something from their match with you. This is not a disparagement, on the contrary, it's fitting for potential Champions to get all three points from games when they should be getting one or none. I'm simply stating I think we are in somewhat of a similar situation.

I've seen a lot of talk on your forums, and ours, and many fans on both sides seem to be willing to accept a draw up-front. There's that level of mutual respect for the dangerous players in each squad, and the tactical prowess of both managers, which dictates that it could seriously go either way. My feeling is though, that Guardiola has a slight advantage insomuch as he knows by-and-large what to expect from Chelsea and can tailor the team around that in his first full week of training with a full squad since taking over. We'll see.

FWIW, I agree that we'd all much rather see Chelsea succeed than Arse and even more so the bin dippers.

I would still disagree that we played poorly in those games, but yeah, I would agree that we weren't as fluid and dominating as we know we can be, and as you said, grinding out wins is a really good habit to develop.

I think most Chelsea fans I talk to believe we are a notch below City in terms of ability. We are riding high on momentum at the moment and there is still an air of 'teams haven't figured out how to play against us yet' about us (Spurs did, but their game management was poor), hence the current 7 match winning streak. Pep is currently the best manager in the world, and as many have pointed out, he has a whole week to prepare, so I expect you to be the better team on the day.

Beating City away is not something I expect this team to be able to do, but this whole season has been full of pleasant surprises, so we're going into this game going for the win.

Chelsea seem the more settled side at the moment and obviously bang in form. If whatever team we pick all play to their maximum I take us to win but we really need our players bang on it from the off.

What concerns me is Chelsea are strongest where we are weakest. They'll do well on the flanks and Costa will have fun with our CB's, compared to the days when Mangala would just bully him off the field.

I'm hoping we get big performances from KDB, Silva and Gundogan as if they can pass it at a good temp we could have good success at their backline.

We need to press with the same intensity we did against Barca. We havent come close to that level of energy since. A whole weeks rest ( i think this is why gundogan and silva didnt play at all against Burnley) should aid with that.

I predict..

Bravo
Sagna Stones Ottamendi Kolarov
Fernandino Gundogan
Sterling De Bruyne Silva
Aguero

I would choose...

Bravo
Sagna Stones Ottamendi Kolarov
Fernandino
Sterling De Bruyne Gundogan Nolito
Aguero

Holy balls.

This game is going to be good. Hopefully it's on TV.

Reckon it'll be a draw. 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.