City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we've looked poor. I mean, compared to the Everton and United games, then sure, but I think the team is learning how to get results without dominating and blowing teams away. The Boro and Spurs games told me a lot more about this team than the previous 5 wins. Blowing teams away is fun, but I'm sure Pep will have learned a lot about the team from your last 2 league wins. He was noticeably very happy with the team this weekend.

I watched the Spurs game and they were the better side, further I feel Boro did enough to earn something from their match with you. This is not a disparagement, on the contrary, it's fitting for potential Champions to get all three points from games when they should be getting one or none. I'm simply stating I think we are in somewhat of a similar situation.

I've seen a lot of talk on your forums, and ours, and many fans on both sides seem to be willing to accept a draw up-front. There's that level of mutual respect for the dangerous players in each squad, and the tactical prowess of both managers, which dictates that it could seriously go either way. My feeling is though, that Guardiola has a slight advantage insomuch as he knows by-and-large what to expect from Chelsea and can tailor the team around that in his first full week of training with a full squad since taking over. We'll see.

FWIW, I agree that we'd all much rather see Chelsea succeed than Arse and even more so the bin dippers.

Usual negative shite as usual on here, last few weeks have shown we can battle at places like Palace and the six fingered inbreds and get results which is a good sign,we know we've got top footballing quality in the team but the lads are battling and all putting a shift in which is just as important and with a full week to prepare and a mostly fully fit squad i expect us to put the rentboys to the sword and make a statement to the rest of the league.

I'm not surprised people are apprehensive to be fair, given Chelsea's recent form. I prefer that to some of the ridiculous pre-match predictions we get, where people say "we'll smash them 6-0" etc.

It's going to be a tight game, but I think we're slight favourites with home advantage. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw though.

If ever there was a team set up to sucker punch it's them,we need a barca level performance as we will get done at least once,clean sheets are sadly not what we do anymore

Dreading this match. Chelsea are looking excellent this season.

They've played 6 fewer fixtures than City so you would expect them to look fresher at this stage of the season. Let's see how we play with a full week off between games.

need a good performance no doubt, but if we lose it aint season over everyone ;)

they'll be tough to score against though. 2-1 city.

I'm not surprised people are apprehensive to be fair, given Chelsea's recent form. I prefer that to some of the ridiculous pre-match predictions we get, where people say "we'll smash them 6-0" etc.

It's going to be a tight game, but I think we're slight favourites with home advantage. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw though.
Oh aye it will be a test no doubt but a test i expect us to come through,these are the games i think we will excell in and Guardiola will show why he is the best coach out there,i'm confident we'll win seems a strange thing to say about a team that's kept 5 clean sheets in the last 6 games but i think we'll exploit their 3 at the back system i think Cahill ,Luiz abd Azpilacueta can be got at and we can exloit that,on the other hand the rentboys are probably saying our back line can be got at and aren't the best but bring it on i say.

I'm quite confident. We haven't been beaten at home so far this season and we got to rest Stones, Silva, KDB and Gundogan this weekend. With those 4 going into the squad and Aguero back on form I think we'll be the best team they've played.

They got torn a new arsehole vs Arsenal and Liverpool beat them comfortably - are they flat track bullies?

If we can give another Barca level performance, we could well blitz Chelsea in the same manner.
Pep will indeed do his homework prior to this game.

It was interesting watching them against Spurs that there was plenty of space between the back three and the midfield. Silva and De Bruyne will be able to exploit this if they leave the same space on Saturday.

From their point of view, they must fancy Hazard and Moses against our defence. I fear that Costa will bully Stones so I hope Otamendi will do that job and that he'll keep his head.

If we play well we can pin their wing-backs and they could end up with a flat back 5

It goes without saying but we need to take our chances, do that and I can see us winning 3-0 or 3-1. Aguero is usually good for a goal against Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.