City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chelsea are already on 7 now, aren't they?

Think you're underestimating the individual class in Chelsea's team a bit mate. Yes City is superior, but only just, imho if we compare 1 v 1 in a 343 system:

Bravo < Courtois (0-1)
Kolarov > Cahill (1-1)
Otamendi < Luiz (1-2) (*)
Stones > Azpilicueta (2-2)
Sterling > Alonso (3-2)
Zabaleta < Moses (3-3)
Fernandinho = Kanté (3-3)
De Bruyne > Matic (4-3)
Silva = Hazard (4-3)
Nolito = Pedro (4-3)
Agüero > Costa (5-3)

(*) "Chat sh**" about Luiz all you like, but in this formation, as a leader and organizer of a 3-man-defence, I think he's brilliant.

And I don't think many chavs will agree Hazard is not superior to Silva and Costa is inferior to Agüero ...

So make no mistake both as a team and individually, Chelsea are going to be extremely difficult to beat.

You can make these things work for you to prove a point

Yeah, however shots on goal can be of different types. Say we've had possession for a while worked it into there box but its all slowed down and we have had a go since there was nothing left to do. Nearly never going to go in. However compare that with a counter attacking move or a real shot with purpose that isnt going to be blocked by 3 defenders and you have a more useful statistic.

Well I don't think Yaya will be playing. If Pep doesn't pick him for being fat I doubt he'll look too fondly on drink driving.

Balls out today

3 at the back
Nolito and Sterling wide behind their wing backs and Silva, Fern, Silky creating plenty of chances for Serge and KdB.

Yeah, however shots on goal can be of different types. Say we've had possession for a while worked it into there box but its all slowed down and we have had a go since there was nothing left to do. Nearly never going to go in. However compare that with a counter attacking move or a real shot with purpose that isnt going to be blocked by 3 defenders and you have a more useful statistic.

I agree. I dont think we've missed many more sitters than other teams. But we've been faced with packed defences and defenders making great blocks. At times we've resorted to speculative shots with a low chance of scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.