City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to avoid defeat. We can't fall further behind them or we could be out of the title race if we drop again soon.
Obviously at home we should be looking to win but I'd play it safe and take a point if offered it now

-------------------------------------bravo-----------------------------------------
sagna-------------otamendi-------------------stones------------------kolarov
--------------------------------------ferna-----------------------------------------
--------------------debruyne--------------------toure----------------------------
------sterling----------------------aguero---------------------silva---------------

this squad 99%.

during first 15 minutes city will have domination and should use chances properly, like arsenal did.
after that game will be open and if score is 0-0 we may loose, i assume toure won't be running as usual and fernandinho
will have to cope with kante as well as hazard.
In overall, chelsea, current chelsea team is full of players like pedro or moses that usually are not playing at high level, more like good form, rather than something special uncovered by conte.
So in terms of squad city has huge advantage, plus players will be equally rested and i think that coach that got relegated by mancini's galatasaray can not be better in tactical way than Pep.
This match is ours to loose.

I really hope we don't let Fernando or Yaya anywhere near the chelsea match, regardless of recent performances.

We need our quickest tempo footballers to eliminate Kante's influence. He's back to title influencing form and was fantastic yesterday. Playing static players would be a big mistake IMO.

I'd play Silva deeper just in front of Fernandinho and Gundogan, with the full backs tucking in and then let Kev and Sterling run riot in wider areas cutting in.

Yaya definitely because he has little pace. Surprised you think nando is slow though. Don't think he will be selected, but he is pretty quick

-------------------------------------bravo-----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------ferna-----------------------------------------
--------------------debruyne--------------------toure----------------------------
------sterling----------------------aguero---------------------silva---------------

this squad 99%.

during first 15 minutes city will have domination and should use chances properly, like arsenal did.
after that game will be open and if score is 0-0 we may loose, i assume toure won't be running as usual and fernandinho
In overall, chelsea, current chelsea team is full of players like pedro or moses that usually are not playing at high level, more like good form, rather than something special uncovered by conte.
So in terms of squad city has huge advantage, plus players will be equally rested and i think that coach that got relegated by mancini's galatasaray can not be better in tactical way than Pep.

I would be amazed if Yaya is selected. One thing Chelsea are is fast, and we need people to keep up with them.

Think Pep might have some surprises in store with the team and formation he will pick for this game. 3 5 2 will mean we can overrun them in midfield forcing their front three to drop deeper to support the midfield and defence. Isolate Cahill against Sergio and utilise the pace of Navas and Sterling in wide areas

Think Pep might have some surprises in store with the team and formation he will pick for this game. 3 5 2 will mean we can overrun them in midfield forcing their front three to drop deeper to support the midfield and defence. Isolate Cahill against Sergio and utilise the pace of Navas and Sterling in wide areas
They have perfected 3 at the back and we haven't,we would have the same amount in midfield if we did it too wouldn't we?

Costa seems to be managing himself much better this season perhaps no coincidence that the master of the dark arts isn't influencing him. Anyway I'd rather we beat them by playing football

Costa is behaving much better because Chelsea are winning. And he is winning. Otamendi to me seems the one to pick him up.

At least we are at home after playing 10 away games in our last 14!
Let's hope a full week together brings back the way Pep wants us to play. Because we hardly seem to do that lately despite a few important wins.

this squad 99%.

Yaya cant start.
As much as I love the big guy - this is absolutely not a game for him.

If I see Yaya in the starting line up - Pep will go down a notch in my book.
And I have all the confidence in the world he will be on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.