Oh Balotelli,
he's a striker,
good at darts

Allergic to the grass
but when he plays
he's fucking class

drives around moss side
with a wallet full of cash.....

ps - loved his celebration with Mancini. Fucker even smiled just to upset his haters.

beat ya ;p

Middle Thinking

noticed that we are playing a bit too much through the middle, in the final third, and relying too much on the fullbacks playing as wingers to give width if/when they can.

as with the Napoli game and today, we seem to think we can pass our way through the middle, past 8, 9, 10 defending players and have no plan B.

Everton came with the plan to defend and counter. but for the majority of the game we played into their hands with Dzeko, Aguero, Silva, Nasri, Barry, Yaya just going through the middle. when we did get it wide, the like of Nasri, Aguero and Silva kept going inside, hitting 2 or 3 Everton players every time.

It was down to Micah to bomb up the right to take on their leftback, where the space was and really cause problems. Clichy tried the same on the left, but when he should have just crossed it for Dzeko, kept faffing about with Nasri and ultimately meant the ball came inside the middle.

We were lucky with Mario's goal, and Milner's killed it off, but you cant blame Everton sticking to their plan and parking the bus. But I would like to occassionally see us playing with 2 out-and-out wingers when playing through the middle isnt working.

I know there's a modern thinking about having a left-footed winger on the right and a right-footer on the left, but teams know now that that player, 80% of the time will come inside on their favoured foot. Sometimes, we need a left-footer on the left and a right-footer on the right, to take on the fullbacks and cross the ball. We have Dzeko, a great player in the air, yet we dont utilise it more that we should.

I'm not saying the style of play at the moment is the wrong way to go, but we need to mix it up, change it up expansively and make the opposition think more rather than just play everything through the middle thinking we are better than everyone that we can do it.

Have to say Micah deserved the man of the match more, he knew that we needed to change it up and did his best with his raid up the right. Silva was well-marshalled and can see that happening more in the season. Still dont rate Lescott, why he waiting for the keeper to come that far at the end and not just hoof the ball away is just beyond me. Luckily we had 2 other better centre-backs on the pitch to tidy his mess up.

But i'm still concerned that we seem to go super-defensive at the end of games. it didnt work at Fulham and just worked today, but against better teams its just going to invite teams onto us more, when we need to be more balance to close out the games.

shadygiz said:
SWP's back said:
bobmcfc said:
2 questions

1) can someone tell me the words to the balotelli song
2) why does our mayonaise in the sachets taste like fucking salad cream

Oh Balotelli,
he's a striker,
good at darts

Allergic to the grass
but when he plays
he's fucking class

drives around moss side
with a wallet full of cash.....

ps - loved his celebration with Mancini. Fucker even smiled just to upset his haters.

beat ya ;p

Only because I made it all neat in paragraphs.

Wasted me time that did.

pudge said:
Jumanji said:
Where's Mancio when he was slagged off for saying Balo and Aguero should play????????

And who slagged him again?
Yeah! Let's call out fellow supporters after a great win, that's it....

I said we should not start him and from to what unfolded I think I was proven correct. I never said he shouldn't come on at some point in the second half.

Re: Middle Thinking

inGavious said:
noticed that we are playing a bit too much through the middle, in the final third, and relying too much on the fullbacks playing as wingers to give width if/when they can.

as with the Napoli game and today, we seem to think we can pass our way through the middle, past 8, 9, 10 defending players and have no plan B.

Everton came with the plan to defend and counter. but for the majority of the game we played into their hands with Dzeko, Aguero, Silva, Nasri, Barry, Yaya just going through the middle. when we did get it wide, the like of Nasri, Aguero and Silva kept going inside, hitting 2 or 3 Everton players every time.

It was down to Micah to bomb up the right to take on their leftback, where the space was and really cause problems. Clichy tried the same on the left, but when he should have just crossed it for Dzeko, kept faffing about with Nasri and ultimately meant the ball came inside the middle.

We were lucky with Mario's goal, and Milner's killed it off, but you cant blame Everton sticking to their plan and parking the bus. But I would like to occassionally see us playing with 2 out-and-out wingers when playing through the middle isnt working.

I know there's a modern thinking about having a left-footed winger on the right and a right-footer on the left, but teams know now that that player, 80% of the time will come inside on their favoured foot. Sometimes, we need a left-footer on the left and a right-footer on the right, to take on the fullbacks and cross the ball. We have Dzeko, a great player in the air, yet we dont utilise it more that we should.

I'm not saying the style of play at the moment is the wrong way to go, but we need to mix it up, change it up expansively and make the opposition think more rather than just play everything through the middle thinking we are better than everyone that we can do it.

Have to say Micah deserved the man of the match more, he knew that we needed to change it up and did his best with his raid up the right. Silva was well-marshalled and can see that happening more in the season. Still dont rate Lescott, why he waiting for the keeper to come that far at the end and not just hoof the ball away is just beyond me. Luckily we had 2 other better centre-backs on the pitch to tidy his mess up.

But i'm still concerned that we seem to go super-defensive at the end of games. it didnt work at Fulham and just worked today, but against better teams its just going to invite teams onto us more, when we need to be more balance to close out the games.

Crosses end runs of possession. We are a slow buildup team. This project isn't going to evolve overnight. We need to stick with what has reaped us an undefeated start. Are you willing to watch us cede more pressure to the backline every time a cross whipped in is lost?

Darker shade of Blue said:
Congratulations.

No real complaints today, although the scoreline flatters the game a touch.

I thought the difference between the 2 teams was in attack. Everton had no attacking option to speak of.

City had a little luck with the first goal, after a deflection, and the 2nd goal was a bad mistake by Drenthe followed by a beautiful pass by Silva. They had other chances to score though, so it wasn't unexpected when it happened, despite great defending from Everton.

I thought the referee didn't give Everton much today, and we were actually on top until the Barry / Cahill challenge, which was given to Barry for some strange reason.

That was a turning point for me, and City gained composure from then on in. For a fair play team like ours to get 5 or 6 bookings was crazy, especially when the game was played in good spirits.

Not sure if Kompany should have been allowed that challenge. A foot up is a foot up, and no need for his foot to go down in such a way. Bit of a talking point that one, especially as it saw Cahills game end, and once again us getting the card.

The match itself was a bit of a battle, and not particularly entertaining, but it's fair play to City for hanging in there and showing they can roll their sleeves up a little better than they have done in the past.

Overall I think City edged it and deserved the win, though I actually think your best player by far today was Micah Richards, who broke up our play early on and kept you solid at the back.

Had we a bit more attacking options it could have been a different story, but I felt we had nobody to pass it too and hold it up throughout. A few free kick chances around the box might have given Baines a good opportunity, but the ref gave us neither, so that was that.

I think Mancini deserves credit today with his substitutions.

Anyway, well done, and good luck for the season.

First you stir up shit before the game and now you are all fucking Numpty Humble Pants?

If Kompany did that on purpose, which nobody but an Everton fan could think, good on him for that two footed tackle. And Cahill can go crying to your Gollum manager for trying a tackle like that and then crying like a woman when he gets stomped.

Gollum eat hypocrite pie for lunch?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.