City Vs Everton Post Game Discussion thread

where do i mention team spirit? and have a pop at city? i slagged moyes off and his tactics, city's situation is not for me to comment on.

More rubbish from Lawenson......

' Everton FC were unlucky in defeat to mega-bucks Manchester City
Liverpool Daily Post
Sep 27 2011

DAVID MOYES was visibly frustrated after Everton FC’s defeat to Manchester City on Saturday – and it was not hard to see why.

David was upset at one or two refereeing decisions that went against his side – Vincent Kompany’s stamp on Tim Cahill, and the throw-in decision which led to the first goal – but I think his frustrations stemmed more from the fact that Everton did not get the reward their efforts deserved.

I thought, for an hour or so, they were very good. Of all the teams that City have faced this season, that was their trickiest game.

Everton were competitive, they were organised and they made life so difficult for them, with Jack Rodwell doing a great man marking job on David Silva.

The flip side to that game plan is that you sacrifice your own threat, and in truth Everton rarely looked like finding a goal.

And ultimately, when a side can bring almost £50million worth of talent from the bench – and still have Carlos Tevez in reserve – it is always likely to make a difference, and so it proved.

David Moyes would kill for just one of those options, never mind the absurd depth that City have at their disposal.

City will roll a lot of other teams over, home and away, so it is hard to be critical of Everton in that sense. They went with a plan, and it worked well for a long time. They were a bit unfortunate to concede the first goal as they did.

When you play in that manner, you are always going to have to ride your luck, but unfortunately Everton couldn’t. No disgrace in that.'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/columnists/columns/2011/09/27/mark-lawrenson-everton-fc-were-unlucky-in-defeat-to-mega-bucks-manchester-city-92534-29492102/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/spo ... -29492102/</a>?

Up to the goal Silva had made 32 successful passes to Rodwells 18. To call that a successful tactic seems a beat self defeating to me.

FWIW after the goal, when Rodwell was apparently let loose, Silva made a further 12 succesful passes to Rodwells 4.

moomba said:
Up to the goal Silva had made 32 successful passes to Rodwells 18. To call that a successful tactic seems a beat self defeating to me.

FWIW after the goal, when Rodwell was apparently let loose, Silva made a further 12 succesful passes to Rodwells 4.

To be honest how can anyone call getting dicked 2-0 and barely having a sniff at goal a successful tactic?? they set up for a draw and lost, that's pretty unsuccessful to me..

As for "handling" David he set a few chances up grabbed himself an assist was man of the match to the match sponsors and a number of papers rated him highly and considered him a constant threat also he banged in a goal which was unfortunately offside and as you rightly stated he made succession after succession of passes all game... yeah great tactic Everton....... back to the drawing board!!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
moomba said:

To be honest how can anyone call getting dicked 2-0 and barely having a sniff at goal a successful tactic?? they set up for a draw and lost, that's pretty unsuccessful to me..

As for "handling" David he set a few chances up grabbed himself an assist was man of the match to the match sponsors and a number of papers rated him highly and considered him a constant threat also he banged in a goal which was unfortunately offside and as you rightly stated he made succession after succession of passes all game... yeah great tactic Everton....... back to the drawing board!!
And he hit the post too! They sure stopped him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.