City vs Everton Post Match Thread

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Does anyone think that the next two games will be simple, run-of-the-mill, common-or-garden home wins? We take the lead and then go behind à la QPR, or go behind and then scrape a win? Or is it gonna be two hefty home wins? Who'd bet a penny on City?
yeah ...simple....right

Does anyone think that the next two games will be simple, run-of-the-mill, common-or-garden home wins? We take the lead and then go behind à la QPR, or go behind and then scrape a win? Or is it gonna be two hefty home wins? Who'd bet a penny on City?

No. I'm worried about Villa :-(

Congrats on the win today, no matter what those moron pundits and media may say over the next few days you were the better team today. That is why you won. It wasn't because our boys 'weren't up for it' and it wasn't because of a flat atmosphere. I've been to far far flatter atmosphere's than today, the gladwys st (were I sit) was reasonably raucous and the away end seemed in full voice.
I was actually surprised by just how much the majority of everton fans around wanted us to win. In fact when Aguero equalised an odd couple of Everton fans got a little excited and we're promptly told whats what.

Joe Hart giving the everton fans a clap at the end was good stuff, we always give the keepers a clap at either end but he seemed to go out of his way to give a bit back. It wasn't a love in like may have been suggested but I saw plenty of city and everton lads walking up together having banter, few shouts of blue moon in the boozer beforehand. Ultimately you SHOULD now win the league and deny us all of what would be a truly horrible outcome if they won it and for that I think we are truly grateful!

On the game, we gave it a good go and after the Barkley goal I (feared) we'd go on and win it as you seemed to take a long time to get into it, I was wondering were all the urgency was. Patience is a virtue though and Aguero popped up, the 3 at the back did not work for us and Im not a fan of it unless players are used to it. Seemed to cause even more confusion once you went 1 up top due to the injury and you looked a threat from then onwards. Hart made what looked a top save from Naismith and also from Delefeou possibly? (Not seen Motd, got it on rec.) Couldn't say we just gave up. We just ran out of steam though, we are looking very tired now. Ive heard comments about Tyler questioning are integrity, he could do with watching our lackluster performance last week v Southampton, we were a lot better than that today.

Anyway, I'm just glad today is over and I dont feel dirty about the defeat not bothering me. We looked to have secured 5th barring a complete capitulation (another reason for not being as arsed today) and fingers crossed you'll win your next 2 games without a hiccup/liverpool drop points at palace. If it was us in this position we'd probably f it up against villa!

Hopefully be able to come back on here to congratulate you in 8 days time. Good luck!

Matt

mackenzie said:

And then you'll be worried about West Ham and then next season you'll be worried about our next opposition ad infinitum.

Len Rum said:
mackenzie said:

And then you'll be worried about West Ham and then next season you'll be worried about our next opposition ad infinitum.

Yep.

Have we met ? ;-)

Toffee_Matt said:
Congrats on the win today, no matter what those moron pundits and media may say over the next few days you were the better team today. That is why you won. It wasn't because our boys 'weren't up for it' and it wasn't because of a flat atmosphere. I've been to far far flatter atmosphere's than today, the gladwys st (were I sit) was reasonably raucous and the away end seemed in full voice.
I was actually surprised by just how much the majority of everton fans around wanted us to win. In fact when Aguero equalised an odd couple of Everton fans got a little excited and we're promptly told whats what.

Joe Hart giving the everton fans a clap at the end was good stuff, we always give the keepers a clap at either end but he seemed to go out of his way to give a bit back. It wasn't a love in like may have been suggested but I saw plenty of city and everton lads walking up together having banter, few shouts of blue moon in the boozer beforehand. Ultimately you SHOULD now win the league and deny us all of what would be a truly horrible outcome if they won it and for that I think we are truly grateful!

On the game, we gave it a good go and after the Barkley goal I (feared) we'd go on and win it as you seemed to take a long time to get into it, I was wondering were all the urgency was. Patience is a virtue though and Aguero popped up, the 3 at the back did not work for us and Im not a fan of it unless players are used to it. Seemed to cause even more confusion once you went 1 up top due to the injury and you looked a threat from then onwards. Hart made what looked a top save from Naismith and also from Delefeou possibly? (Not seen Motd, got it on rec.) Couldn't say we just gave up. We just ran out of steam though, we are looking very tired now. Ive heard comments about Tyler questioning are integrity, he could do with watching our lackluster performance last week v Southampton, we were a lot better than that today.

Anyway, I'm just glad today is over and I dont feel dirty about the defeat not bothering me. We looked to have secured 5th barring a complete capitulation (another reason for not being as arsed today) and fingers crossed you'll win your next 2 games without a hiccup/liverpool drop points at palace. If it was us in this position we'd probably f it up against villa!

Hopefully be able to come back on here to congratulate you in 8 days time. Good luck!

Matt

Cheers Matt, much appreciated and I hope the next time you come back, we're all celebrating.

Len Rum said:
mackenzie said:
Len Rum said:

Yep.

Have we met ? ;-)
No just pointing out the pessimism and pointlessness of your post.

I'm a City fan of 50 years so it's a tad hard to get into a different mindset .

Sorry if that spoils your vision of all conquering positivity.

mackenzie said:
Len Rum said:
mackenzie said:
Yep.

Have we met ? ;-)
No just pointing out the pessimism and pointlessness of your post.

I'm a City fan of 50 years so it's a tad hard to get into a different mindset .

Sorry if that spoils your vision of all conquering positivity.

50 years ? Impossible, the club hasn't been going that long, otherwise we'd have an istree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.