City Vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
MC ID said:
Everton are a very good side, a win against them will be hard earned. While I think we'll be able to deal with Fellaini in the middle it's Baines who I wonder about, we don't normally face many LBs with that much attacking threat and I'll be interested in how we deal with that, I assume by just telling Zabs to stay back but we could see a slight change in our usual formation to acknowledge his threat.

I'd like to see Balotelli start up front alone, with Nasri, Yaya and Silva all trying to feed him balls. If it doesn't work we can always put another striker on.

Baines might be out, hamstring.

If we increase our intensity we should win, if we play the slow predictable football as of late we will make it hard for ourselves.

-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:13 am --

Train said:
Yeah...it'd be a lot more believable if that Valdez mention wasn't included.

True, it's amazing we have such a good keeper in Hart because if Valdes was linked to any other club bar Madrid, Bayern and Juventus, the story would be believable.

Hart needs competition though, especially if he wants to become the best in the world officially! He need someone chasing his tail week in week out.

The scum need a keeper.

Good news is that Cahill who always seemed to nick a header from a corner to score the wnner is no longer there!!!!

Lawro has predicted our first home defeat in two years.

Man City v Everton
People are getting carried away by the fact Manchester City are not playing very well but, the way I look at it, that's a positive - they are still unbeaten in the league this season and it does not get any better than winning games when you are not at your best.

Along with Manchester United, they have opened up a gap on the sides below them, and neither of them are firing on all cylinders.

The only reason City boss Roberto Mancini is getting any heat at the moment is their inept performances in the Champions League, but it is important to remember that their struggles in Europe have not affected their domestic form.

City could and should have won at Chelsea last weekend, before picking up the points in a tricky game at Fulham on Wednesday.

I am going to go for an Everton win here, though. They have a great record against Manchester City and were the last team to win at the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League, back in December 2010.

Everton have played well in the first half on lots of occasions this season and paid the price for sitting on one-goal leads but it is very rare for them to play badly.

There is one shock result every weekend in the Premier League, and I think this might be it.

Prediction: 1-2

-----------------------------------------------

Personally I think it will be a well won 2-0.
If we can keep Fellaini quiet I think we will have another comfortable home win.
I remember last year they kept Rodewell on Silva for most of the match until we finally broke them down. I expect Moyes might try something similar, but i still think the outcome will be the same.
Home Win

Gojairu said:
Lawro has predicted our first home defeat in two years.

Man City v Everton
People are getting carried away by the fact Manchester City are not playing very well but, the way I look at it, that's a positive - they are still unbeaten in the league this season and it does not get any better than winning games when you are not at your best.

Along with Manchester United, they have opened up a gap on the sides below them, and neither of them are firing on all cylinders.

The only reason City boss Roberto Mancini is getting any heat at the moment is their inept performances in the Champions League, but it is important to remember that their struggles in Europe have not affected their domestic form.

City could and should have won at Chelsea last weekend, before picking up the points in a tricky game at Fulham on Wednesday.

I am going to go for an Everton win here, though. They have a great record against Manchester City and were the last team to win at the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League, back in December 2010.

Everton have played well in the first half on lots of occasions this season and paid the price for sitting on one-goal leads but it is very rare for them to play badly.

There is one shock result every weekend in the Premier League, and I think this might be it.

Prediction: 1-2

-----------------------------------------------

Personally I think it will be a well won 2-0.
If we can keep Fellaini quiet I think we will have another comfortable home win.
I remember last year they kept Rodewell on Silva for most of the match until we finally broke them down. I expect Moyes might try something similar, but i still think the outcome will be the same.
Home Win

Just seen the Lawro pred. The fact that he decribes us having secured a hard fought win at Fulham in midweek tells us everything we need to know about his judgment.

No disrespect to Everton at all - they've been a real thorn in our side - but if we're focused we should win this though it'll be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.