City vs Fulham; Match Thread (25th October)

Problem for me, as a previous poster said, is that we're playing 4 -2 -4. Since when were bellamy and petrov midfield players? out and out wingers. which leaves us De Jong and Barry covering the middle. and both being defensive mf (de jong plays like a glorifed centre half), means it looks more like 6 -0 -4. Yep, disjointed.
solution - not easy, as we've a zillion strikers and next to no creative mf. Ireland off the boil. Need to set up as 4-4-2, bellamy and ade up front, tevez to play as a conventional midfield with ireland and two out of de jong, kompany and barry

the sooner we get the right formation home and away the better.we look unbalanced again.prefer to see us 4 5 1. petrov bellamy tevez ade was to top heavy for me,plus i dont think it suits ade playing that far up the pitch doesnt get chance to get behind their defence enough. would like to see midfield kompany ireland barry petrov swp. ade upfront.
tevez last 30 mins.

Admittedly it was a poor performance today, and after much moaning and slagging certain players off today, I have to give credit to a very awkward and resolute Fulham side, who may have no superstar ego's in their team, but a very canny manager that has organised the team well.
No disrespect to Mark Hughes, because once we can Iron out those silly defensive errors or maybe even to a better extent, sign a "Bruiser" who will stop everything that gets in or near our box, I reckon we have the makings of a quality side, albeit without a world class playmaker in midfielder, who, on todays showing is a priority.
At frequent times we were too static, no movement, nobody running in behind Fulhams "wall" of midfielders.
Tevez didn't have the best of games, Adebayor didn't look interested until we scored and Bellamy didn't look fit. Petrov was our best player on both flanks, he even did well coming inside. If we want to challenge the "big 4" we need a Gerrard, Fabregas, Iniesta etc...
Until then I doubt we will be able to play to a "set" formation that suits.

Rant over..........for now.

The biggest disappointment for me today (other than a lower than average Lescott performance once again) was the lack of hunger and urgency expressed by us in the final 10 minutes. We didn't seem to want to make 3 points out of a game we should have won in my opinion. We should have forced the issue like the top teams do.

I think Fulham under Hodgson are a great team, they wouldn't be in Europe if they weren't, and I also appreciate it is not easy to break through a team with ten men behind the ball for most of the 90 minutes. However, we did manage to twice (well thrice) and still only get a point at home.

Sory, but not good enough tonight for me....and I will not apologise for expecting too much from a reformed team with the price tag that goes with it - I'd have been over the moon with that under Stuart Pearce's team back then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.