City Vs Leeds (Fa Cup) Post match discussion thread

Didsbury Dave said:
MCFC BOB said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Same way that we city fans felt be belonged in the premier league when we were in the lower divisions. Famous club, big support, let down by mismanagement.

There but for the grace of the sheikh go city.
The fans might feel they belong back in the Premier League but they're not good enough to consider themselves for promotion, let alone survive and "become a force".
That's not what every city fan said or believed when we were in the doldrums. Sleeping giant was the term used about us for years. Same could be applied to Leeds. When you have a big fanbase then once you get to the top division you can stay there

We didn't stay up the first year we got back after "The Fall", despite our fanbase and I'd be surprised if many City fans really expected us to.

Way too easy today. Could have gone up a couple of gears as well. Leeds fans were still good despite how shite their team is.

I hate the happy clappy bollox of playing Hey Jude and that shite version of Bluemoon before kick off,I feel like vomitting everytime I hear it,fcuk me we will be playing that shit Haircut 100 song Boro sing after every goal next!

So I absolutely loved the Leeds fans swaying from side to side when we sang them at the start of the match,City esque piss take.

Never thought I would say this in my life,Leeds you made my day!

Leeds fans were brilliant today. Shoes off if you have Man U was a particular highlight, as was the volley ball competition with the match ball. Gone up in my estimation big style.

And well done City. Good performance and a good attitude. Well done.

BillyShears said:
Excellent thoroughly professional job. Very nice to see Rodwell get some game time. This was a potential banana skin so to win it at a canter feels very good, particularly after last week.

Probably not for this thread but I really don't see a way back into the team for Nasri. I would pick Milner ahead of him every single day of the week regardless of the technical ability Samir has.

I agree in general terms but also think that Nasri would've done well today because he's a counter-attack footballer. That was his job with the Arse and his difficulty with us is that we have a very patient style of build up. Against leeds today he'd have shone.

Tbilisi said:
I hate the happy clappy bollox of playing Hey Jude and that shite version of Bluemoon before kick off,I feel like vomitting everytime I hear it,fcuk me we will be playing that shit Haircut 100 song Boro sing after every goal next!

So I absolutely loved the Leeds fans swaying from side to side when we sang them at the start of the match,City esque piss take.

Mr. Miserable

andyhinch said:
Ducado said:
BillyShears said:
Excellent thoroughly professional job. Very nice to see Rodwell get some game time. This was a potential banana skin so to win it at a canter feels very good, particularly after last week.

Someone has hacked Billies account!

Either that or he has recovered his crack pipe.

Len Rum said:
Tbilisi said:

Mr. Miserable

Just old school mate

jimharri said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bluemc1 said:
im saying what did happen not ifs and buts, they are were they deserve to be and if we were there so would we,
You're a bit of a serious guy, aren't you? Blimey.
But he's absolutely spot on. Your argument is based on a hypothetical situation (if the sheikh hadn't turned up etc etc) and, as such, does not stand up when compared to a statement of fact.
You lot are comical. Talk about starting an argument in an empty house. Bloody hell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.