City Vs Liverpool Post Match Discussion Thread

Lacked the cutting edge to open them up and didn't make the most of the very few decent chances we created in the second half.

Clearly Balo and Dzeko are not 100 per cent right and Kun is not at 100 per cent pace wise.

Poor game.
Of course we were going to miss Kompany/Silva/Toure but some of the players looked shattered from thier heroics in the 2nd half on Sunday and took time to get going. Again the few days extra rest probably helped Pool abit but with the money we have spent (and knowing about the African nations cup commitments before buying Toure) we cant complain really.

What will probably happen is we move on the rest of the dead wood in Jan/Summer ie tevez, Adebayor, bridge, Onourha, Santa Cruz etc and strenghthen the squad more as we seem to be abit over reliant on a few key players and the back up ones havent yet shown they can cut it at the very top level. But the squad is getting there and the right pplayers moved on.

If our finishing wasnt so bad, as of late its been pretty woeful, then we could have got at least a draw out of the game as Pool offered no threat after the 10th minute and we had quite a few chances. Aguero should have done better with 2, but Milners miss was the worst. Should be hitting the target from 10 years out.

Probably abit of a relief we arnt playing till Monday now, as few days extra rest over the weekend should do us well.

We are more than capable of turning this tie round but we do need to practice our finishing and become more clinical i think

It was one of a very few matches in the season I got to actually get to the ground to watch, it would just be my bloody luck we go and loose :/

Savic looked really nervous all night, shame really as i'm sure in a previous game he started he looked fine and in the derby if memory serves. I expect we will honestly loose the second leg now, they will set up like they did today but perhaps with even more back tracking and we can't really seem to penetrate though kinds of organised defenses. Not yet, anyway.

Even before the Pen it looked nervous, Joe was making some great saves but I think we need to go back to the drawing board right now and figure out some tactics on how to break through these defenses we keep coming up against. It might take ages, perhaps even the rest of the season but the second we do blues, the second we figure out how to rip those kinds of defenses up we'll be one of the most formidable teams this league has ever seen.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Not seen a scouser get so excited over one leg since Paul McCarthy first met Heater Mills

Quoted for it's hilarity.

A lot of players missing and because of this the team had to play in a different way so I am not pushing the panic button. But, right from the off it felt like a different city-back to the days when we were an average team trying to cause an upset.

I hope we can turn it around at theirs, not least cos I have got a ticket!

Onwards and Upwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.