City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a serious question?. - when did we last beat 'Pool convincingly.?. I seem to recollect that we have not beaten 'Pool at their gaff for years and we have struggled against them at home.

This is a serious question?. - when did we last beat 'Pool convincingly.?. I seem to recollect that we have not beaten 'Pool at their gaff for years and we have struggled against them at home.
Liverpool is always hard, last victory was about a year ago 3-1. Last away win at Anfield goes back to 2003?

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Otamendi
Clichy
Toure
Fernandinho
Navas
De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero

Caballero
Zabaleta
Mangala
Nasri
Sterling
Fernando
Ihenacho

2-1 City

Obviously depends on how injuries are progressing like Silva and Kun and also the condition players come back from Internationals in. Main thing for me is, I wouldn't play Yaya in this. Two ferns in midfield. assuming they're both healthy with either Delph or Silva. The high press Klopp uses isn't going to suit Yaya and we won't be able to carry him in midfield defensively even with the two Ferns. Pellegrini has started to sub him from games, now it's about time he finds the bottle to bench him for a big game and start picking and choosing his games.

Not sure about playing Sterling either. There's going to be a lot of attention on him, he seems like a lad that can handle it but if he doesn't perform he's going to get a lot of stick from the gutter press. If we've got the players, a midfield of the two ferns with Silva in Yaya's Sevilla role and KDB and Navas on the flanks could suit us best. Then we've got the option of bringing on Sterling later against tired legs for him to run riot, and hopefully we'll be ahead and the pressure will be off him.

We spanked them last season very early in the season. You could have googled that, even if you were somehow on planet Mars when it happened.

beat them 3-1 last season,that was pretty convincing,also beat them 3-0 in 2012 & the season before....think they've picked up 1 point from their last 5 visits....wouldn't call that struggled....

Obviously depends on how injuries are progressing like Silva and Kun and also the condition players come back from Internationals in. Main thing for me is, I wouldn't play Yaya in this. Two ferns in midfield. assuming they're both healthy with either Delph or Silva. The high press Klopp uses isn't going to suit Yaya and we won't be able to carry him in midfield defensively even with the two Ferns. Pellegrini has started to sub him from games, now it's about time he finds the bottle to bench him for a big game and start picking and choosing his games.

Not sure about playing Sterling either. There's going to be a lot of attention on him, he seems like a lad that can handle it but if he doesn't perform he's going to get a lot of stick from the gutter press. If we've got the players, a midfield of the two ferns with Silva in Yaya's Sevilla role and KDB and Navas on the flanks could suit us best. Then we've got the option of bringing on Sterling later against tired legs for him to run riot, and hopefully we'll be ahead and the pressure will be off him.

Sterling will get stick from the press whether he plays or not. If we leave him out, they will say he cant stand the heat. Hopefully, Liverpool will over-focus on him, forgetting that we have one or two others who can play.

I'd go:
Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Otamendi
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Navas
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling

Bench: Caballero, Clichy, Mangala, Toure, Nasri, Iheanacho, Aguero

Hopefully get Kun at least 30 minutes and possibly Clichy some time coming back as well.

3-1 City (De Bruyne, Sterling, Fernandinho)

You didn't see the game did you? I'd hardly say "battered" was the way it panned out

Well they lost at home to a not dissimilar Palace team to the one we battered just over a week ago. And I havent seen any report that suggests Liverpool were unlucky to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.