City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite stringing the fans along for 18 months and eventually leaving on a free?

This old chestnut again (sigh). He is a professional footballer and he saw out his contract in full, and gave 110% right until the last game. He has no obligation to sign a new contract if the terms don't suit him. He wanted consistent first team football and its clear with the likes of Sterling and KDB on the way, there is no way he would have got it with us. It's his choice and prerogative to leave.

But he gave us several seasons of full throated commitment and was a bona fide contributor to our successes. So I will always salute someone like that.

This old chestnut again (sigh). He is a professional footballer and he saw out his contract in full, and gave 110% right until the last game. He has no obligation to sign a new contract if the terms don't suit him. He wanted consistent first team football and its clear with the likes of Sterling and KDB on the way, there is no way he would have got it with us. It's his choice and prerogative to leave.

But he gave us several seasons of full throated commitment and was a bona fide contributor to our successes. So I will always salute someone like that.

And wave a plastic snake at them?

Aside from anything else, why would you copy what a bunch of thick-as-pigshit, unemployed scousers do?

Correct, he did 100% what was asked and expected of him at the club.

But I'm not going to go out of my way to cheer someone who left on a free to a (regional) rival, especially in quite a big game.

I would never ever boo him, of course not - I don't dislike him and I have a lot of respect. But I will reserve such great receptions for players who didn't leave on somewhat sour terms.

Correct, he did 100% what was asked and expected of him at the club.

But I'm not going to go out of my way to cheer someone who left on a free to a (regional) rival, especially in quite a big game.

I would never ever boo him, of course not - I don't dislike him and I have a lot of respect. But I will reserve such great receptions for players who didn't leave on somewhat sour terms.

I don't think he left on sour terms at all. He didnt leave out of spite. He left because we couldn't offer him what he wanted. Our judgment was he didn't provide us enough to be a regular starter. So fair dos, he goes where he gets first team football, while we move on to players we rate higher than him. Nobody at City was or is shedding tears over his departure, and he hasn't said anything remotely bad about us (as Negredo did for instance).

But he did a lot while he was with City and was an integral part of our setup in our title and Cup runs. And I believe that deserves to be saluted and applauded.

We have to go with the strongest possible line up from the off.

But what will that be? Does the strongest line up include the likes of Aguero and Silva, two of our best players, but recovering from injury? Do you go for the fresh but rusty Clichy or the, possibly, over used Kolarov?

And how will the international break affect the fitness of players? What condition will be Fernandhino be in if he plays two games for Brazil, the last scheduled to kick off at midnight (I assume that's UK time) on Wed am?

Its a nightmare fixture for MP when it comes to team selection.

But what will that be? Does the strongest line up include the likes of Aguero and Silva, two of our best players, but recovering from injury? Do you go for the fresh but rusty Clichy or the, possibly, over used Kolarov?

And how will the international break affect the fitness of players? What condition will be Fernandhino be in if he plays two games for Brazil, the last scheduled to kick off at midnight (I assume that's UK time) on Wed am?

Its a nightmare fixture for MP when it comes to team selection.

As you have so eloquently pointed out, it will depend on a number of factors.

If Kun and David train well, I would start with them both.

Dependant on fitness then for the players who are away on international duty. Too early to say really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.