City Vs Newcastle Post Game Discussion Thread

After the end of the game yesterday there was a really catchy little song called playing at the stadium called something like star dust or gold dust. Does anyone know what the song is?

I thought we absolutely battered them and all they had were a few lucky breaks where we got sloppy, we also have to remember they were unbeaten with the beat defence and realistically we could have had 5/6 goals easily.

Thoughts on the game:

Barcodes priced out by brilliant billionaires City

As a team, I don't think we've been at our absolute best since we hammered United in October, but we've still managed to bag nine goals in three games, close teams down and come away with maximum points. We're now the in-form team in the Premier League, with six wins from six, and everything is looking perfect for us.

We seem to be putting to bed the theory that we can't win when Silva doesn't start. Nasri and Aguero were causing Newcastle's previously rock-solid defence lots of problems, and when a combination of the two stars found Yaya Toure via a deflection, the African's volley was blocked by a hand. Man of the moment Mario Balotelli converted another penalty spectacularly to keep up his 100% spot-kick record.

Micah Richards is City's other main man at the moment. He was bombing forward, tackling back, supporting Milner and even helping out Kompany and Nasri - he was all over the pitch, but rarely out of position! Capello and England are missing out on Micah, but if he keeps his head up Richards will sooner or later work his way into the England team.

David Silva once again proved how special he is. He came on as a substitute for Balotelli, and within thirty seconds of his arrival to the field of play, a lovely reverse ball to Micah Richards drew Ben Arfa and forced another penalty. Aguero converted - game over.

Joe Hart's distribution is still slightly subject, but some of his goalkeeping was tremendous: denying Demba Ba and superbly flicking away a low cross-cum-shot at his near post. The signs are encouraging from him, but his kicking needs a bit of work!

Roll on Napoli.

jayrea said:
After the end of the game yesterday there was a really catchy little song called playing at the stadium called something like star dust or gold dust. Does anyone know what the song is?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrjiVxZFU8[/youtube]

?

A good team performance and an easy run of the mill win despite Newcastle having a couple of decent chances.Not impressed with Newcastle at all.For a team that was third the looked rather ordinary.
One strange incident when Nasri was in an offside position but stopped,Yaya came charging through and just as he was about to get the ball Nasri for some reason touched the ball and ruled himself to be offside.Surely he would have known that he would have been offside if he interfered with play again by getting the ball before Yaya.

bennyboy said:
A good team performance and an easy run of the mill win despite Newcastle having a couple of decent chances.Not impressed with Newcastle at all.For a team that was third the looked rather ordinary.
One strange incident when Nasri was in an offside position but stopped,Yaya came charging through and just as he was about to get the ball Nasri for some reason touched the ball and ruled himself to be offside.Surely he would have known that he would have been offside if he interfered with play again by getting the ball before Yaya.
it was Aguerro, and he looked up at the linesman, saw no flag and thought he was on (i guess)

citizen tony said:
well thought out analysis of game from Newcastle fan (long but worth a read)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.leazesterrace.com/tactical-analysis-man-city-3-newcastle-1-19nov11/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.leazesterrace.com/tactical-a ... 1-19nov11/</a>?

Good read that.

MCFC BOB said:
Thoughts on the game:

As a team, I don't think we've been at our absolute best since we hammered United in October, but we've still managed to bag nine goals in three games, close teams down and come away with maximum points. We're now the in-form team in the Premier League, with six wins from six, and everything is looking perfect for us.

We seem to be putting to bed the theory that we can't win when Silva doesn't start. Nasri and Aguero were causing Newcastle's previously rock-solid defence lots of problems, and when a combination of the two stars found Yaya Toure via a deflection, the African's volley was blocked by a hand. Man of the moment Mario Balotelli converted another penalty spectacularly to keep up his 100% spot-kick record.

Micah Richards is City's other main man at the moment. He was bombing forward, tackling back, supporting Milner and even helping out Kompany and Nasri - he was all over the pitch, but rarely out of position! Capello and England are missing out on Micah, but if he keeps his head up Richards will sooner or later work his way into the England team.

David Silva once again proved how special he is. He came on as a substitute for Balotelli, and within thirty seconds of his arrival to the field of play, a lovely reverse ball to Micah Richards drew Ben Arfa and forced another penalty. Aguero converted - game over.

Joe Hart's distribution is still slightly subject, but some of his goalkeeping was tremendous: denying Demba Ba and superbly flicking away a low cross-cum-shot at his near post. The signs are encouraging from him, but his kicking needs a bit of work!

Roll on Napoli.

Bob, that's an absolutely horrific title for an article about City. Why mention money and what we've spent? That's what the negative side of the press use to try and play down our performances. When I read that title I thought you were copying and pasting over a match report from a Newcastle blog saying we were good but teh money!

Strange lad you are!

ManCityX said:
MCFC BOB said:
Thoughts on the game:

Roll on Napoli.

Bob, that's an absolutely horrific title for an article about City. Why mention money and what we've spent? That's what the negative side of the press use to try and play down our performances. When I read that title I thought you were copying and pasting over a match report from a Newcastle blog saying we were good but teh money!

Strange lad you are!
Price puns I suppose.

MCFC BOB said:
ManCityX said:
MCFC BOB said:
Thoughts on the game:

Strange lad you are!
Price puns I suppose.

I do agree with your points though. Probs would have made the title about city being the only unbeaten side left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.