City Vs Newcastle Post Game Discussion Thread

We_all_drink_whiskey said:
Evening lads and lasses, well played this afternoon. Richards had the game of his life and your creative players didn't have to get into 3rd gear really, I was over the f*cking moon Silva was on the bench!

From our perspective - very happy with the performance, I fully expected us to get twatted into a parallel universe. The gulf between the two of us is horrendous but I thought we gave you a decent game up until the 2nd pen. Won't say too much negative about Demba because he's been immense for us this season but he didn't have his shooting boots on today.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season - here's hoping you do what we didn't manage all those years ago and hold your nerve in the latter stages of the season - keep ahead of those red cockney bastards.

Thanks for that. generous in defeat counts for me

Despite some of the twats who thought throwing a firework into a crowd was OK you boys looked better than a fair few we've played this season (viz the Rags !!). Thank fook for the goalposts a couple of times !!
Always had time for the Barcodes, just get out there and beat Scum, Chelski, Dippers and Arse and please try and squeeze one of them out of a CL place !!!

Great day today.
Left a small village 8 miles north of Aviemore at 8.30am on a 356 mile journey to the Eithad, everything went according to plan and we were in our seats at 2.15pm.
This made me very very worried, everything going too well, something had to go wrong.
But no, a very good performance with certain players rested against a Newcastle team set up for a draw.
We dominated the game, a few lapses of concentration at the back gave Newcastle two or three opportunities of which they scored one.
Still top and undefeated.
Back home in Birmingham for 7.30pm after a perfect day.

tonea2003 said:
a pause for thought, pardew said his team had to be a full tilt just to keep us at bay at times.

and this is a team unbeaten at the time and third in the league

and we wern't at our best

scary but loving it

He also said they feel they deserved something out of the game, not sure what though

dom said:
We_all_drink_whiskey said:
Evening lads and lasses, well played this afternoon. Richards had the game of his life and your creative players didn't have to get into 3rd gear really, I was over the f*cking moon Silva was on the bench!

From our perspective - very happy with the performance, I fully expected us to get twatted into a parallel universe. The gulf between the two of us is horrendous but I thought we gave you a decent game up until the 2nd pen. Won't say too much negative about Demba because he's been immense for us this season but he didn't have his shooting boots on today.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season - here's hoping you do what we didn't manage all those years ago and hold your nerve in the latter stages of the season - keep ahead of those red cockney bastards.

Thanks for that. generous in defeat counts for me

Despite some of the twats who thought throwing a firework into a crowd was OK you boys looked better than a fair few we've played this season (viz the Rags !!). Thank fook for the goalposts a couple of times !!
Always had time for the Barcodes, just get out there and beat Scum, Chelski, Dippers and Arse and please try and squeeze one of them out of a CL place !!!

Hate to say it, but I don't think Newcastle were at all good. Wolves gave a better performance at the Etihad this season. And if Pardew thought his team deserved anything out of that game, then he's delusional.

balotelli was brilliant today, he hardly lost the ball.

clichy, micah, milner, nasri, hart all had very good games.

silva came on and well... just got out his wand.

Anyone know the words to the David Silva song that was sang at today's game? Something about him scoring the 5th!

Already 17 pages of posts and no mention of De Jong!

He was one cool dude all afternoon - hardly put a foot wrong and the pressure he must have been under with all that Ben Arfa crap too!

bert's broken neck said:
Already 17 pages of posts and no mention of De Jong!

He was one cool dude all afternoon - hardly put a foot wrong and the pressure he must have been under with all that Ben Arfa crap too!

Without tempting fate to dig up an argument I've done to death, another 3 goals with De Jong in the team, proof anew that we can continue to score plenty of goals if he plays and he is not going to hinder us... and this was against the best defence in the league (till today at least, I don't know about now). He has looked back to 100% in his last two appearances, today and Villarreal. Hopefully the contract is sorted soon.

Did anyone see Micah's and Nasri's little dance after Micah's goal? Couldn't see it properly up in EL3, and wasn't shown on MotD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.