City Vs Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

Very good win for us yesterday against Norwich City . What made it sweeter was Chelsea losing 2-0 to the Magpies . I bet City folk are feeling a lot better this Sunday than last Sunday . Looking forward to Tuesday against CSKA Moscow .

baildon blue said:
Very good win for us yesterday against Norwich City . What made it sweeter was Chelsea losing 2-0 to the Magpies . I bet City folk are feeling a lot better this Sunday than last Sunday . Looking forward to Tuesday against CSKA Moscow .

Most usually do after a victory as opposed to a loss

OB1 said:
inbetween said:
Dribble said:
A brilliant win yesterday albeit against a poor Norwich side. But as the old adage says, you can only beat what's in front of you and beat them we certainly did. Apart from Hart's fuck-up last week, that was two very good performances in the space of a week, but the defence still gives me the willies!

Fernandinho is starting to come to terms with the pace and power of the Premier League and is showing steady improvement game by game. I still think we're a long way off looking as solid as we have in the past, but it was good to see MP change the formation for our last two games, horses for courses aint a bad thing. At times yesterday we were set up as a 4-1-3-2 which is a variation of my preferred 4-1-2-3, all we need now is time to perfect the formation and I reckon we'll be a force to be reckoned with at the top of European football.

On a negative, I wish we'd ditch Dzeko at the earliest opportunity. I read an interview he did in his homeland where he said he went to visit the CEO and Chairman many times to complain about his treatment at the hands of Mancini. He repeatedly stressed his issues were nothing to do with Mancini's attitude and were all down to his lack of game time! Negredo has brought into sharp focus the difference between the two. Negredo - very good footballer and goal scorer / Dzeko - very good goal-scorer and that's your lot. When under pressure and in need of a player who can hold the ball up and flash a brilliant piece of skill to skin a defender turning defence into attack, Dzeko's poor control and lack of skill at the highest level badly lets us down.

Back to Norwich, I hope Houghton gets it all sorted soon.

I think Edin will be off as soon as Jovetic is fit and scoring, we don't need 4 strikers. Jovetic hasn't had a proper game yet so cannot comment but to be fair to Edin he has come on and scored and that is all that is required. It is not like he is going to start ahead of Aguero or the beast which is something I think Mancini got really wrong last year trying to rotate players rather than picking the best team. Don't mind Dzeko being here because he has been despite what everyone says pretty good for us and I think on his day he can go out and score a few. I wouldn't start him though ahead of Aguero or Beast so his future may lie elsewhere if he isn't happy at not starting every week.

Ha, ha, ha. I had totally forgotten about Jovetic (since yesterday morning).

Dzeko is just the most maddeningly frustrating player. You can't say that a guy who scores two goals a provides on crucial assist in the space of a few days is not worth having but he probably needs to go somewhere that he can start every week.

On yesterday's performance, Norwich were poor but City's desire and determination was excellent and when that is allied to the skill that they possess, the opposition can be made to look really bad.
And there in lies our problem with Edin, he doesn't add anything to our team apart from goals (which is his main job), but if he could actually play football to a high skill level he'd be a world beater.

As is, I'd swap him in a heartbeat for a Falcoa, Benzema or RVP just for the fact they're very good footballers as well as goal scorers. In response to Marvin's point, goals apart Dzeko's last two performances haven't stood out for me for anything else. I'm sorry, my patience ran out with Dzeko 18 months ago and I think its best we go our seperate ways.

I would sell Dzeko and buy Mata from Chelsea stick with three strikers but add more to the attacking midfield section of Silva and Nasri.

hopefully in between these types of games we can grind out the wins and points away from home and against top 4 opposition.

When Silva, Yaya and Aguerro play like that then we are a hard team to stop going forward. Ok Norwich were pretty poor today but if the whole team plays that way away from home I can see us start to rack up the points away from home. That's our problem. Lets see next week against Sunderland what we can do. They have been a bit of a bogey team lately up there. Hopefully with the defence starting to gel we can get a comfortable win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.