City vs Plastic Scum FC - Official Match Thread

Our crossing doesn't look dangerous because no-one is on the end to receive them. Seems to be a breakdown of understanding somewhere. We match them easily in midfield. The backline isn't giving them much although Berbatov worries.

Hard to predict the second half. I can't see United scoring more than one. We have lots of potential for scoring at least 2 if we can be in position for crosses. I'd like to see AJ come on late and take their defenders on. And Tevez and Yaya be in position for crosses before we send the crosses in.

City Raider said:
baconface is just waiting for us to open the game up, just like last season
Yes, it's a case of who blinks first. Without any changes this could Peter out to 0-0. The first change is all decisive. Get it right and take the game, wrong and we'll hand them the counter attack. Very cagey

LoveCity said:
Would take boring over getting bossed as we have in many derbies, but the longer it stays 0-0 the better it is for the rags as they excel late on when it's a draw. Johnson for Milner is one option but Milner is so industrious that he will offer more protection than Johnson. One to consider is Kolarov for Zabaleta as Kolarov would be more of a threat down the flank.

Yep I'd go for that

mackenzie said:
NewbBlue said:
And what irks me is that they look more likely to get a goal. Our strategy in the final 3rd seems to be kick the ball around and hope Tevez can nick a 1-0 victory.

Our crosses seem completely useless.

Exactly.

The more we pressure and don't get a result the more likely they will grab a chance.

If I were forced to bet a million dollars right now, I'd bet it on rags. Sorry to admit that, but other than a free kick from Tevez, where have we threatened? Do we even have a shot on goal? Is Nigel's prayer the only shot we've had from live play?

Christ.

Everyone is doing job as a team perfectly at the minute, switch tactic or make sub will only make thing worse, we're currently control the game in our own pace, don't throw this away and change to fast pace and fall in the Rag's game.

JULES said:
super_city_si said:
I'm not saying he hasn't, but we lack penetration and milliner won't give us that.

how many decent crosses has he put in, its not milner that needs subbin.
But crosses are useless. No one is there and tevez will never beat vidicon or woo in the air. We need someone to beat a man a drive in to the area.

fookin shite...................we will be picked off sooner or later............and all because we are fookin frightened to death..................oh and by the way......100's of millions spent and no fooker to head a goal, we have not scored a header all fookin season........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.