Kompany(c)
Nastasic
Kolarov

Yaya
Milner
Nasri

Silva

Aguero.

Subs: Panty, Lescott, Barry, Javi Garcia, Sinclair, Tevez, Dzeko.

Set up:

----------------------Hart------------------

----------Zaba--------VK------Nasty-------

Maicon--------------------------------AK47

----------------Milner----Yaya-------------

-----------Silva----------------Nasri--------

-------------------Aguero------------------
In that setup Dzeko must play.
Maicon and Kolarov and just Aguero upfront ?

blue rebel said:
Caveman said:
dancity19 said:
Tottenham and Napoli...??

Their first times, and mate it through the group stages.

I don't get the 'time' and 'inexperienced in the champions league' argument. As a name, and a set of supporters, yes, we are. But is our manager- no. Are our players- no. Do we have world cup and Champions Leage winning players in our team- yes.

We were dealt a stupidly hard group. We were dealt a tough group last year. If we don't make it through this year (which we prob won't) there is no great shame in that.

What there is shame in, is our performances in the Champions League so far, and I have no idea what time has to do with poor performances. It really is a poor excuse to be honest.

No one expects us to win the champions league, or even the group, but we should have given the games a better fist so far (especially Ajax).

Fortunately, I class the Premier League as by far and away our priority, and we are doing pretty well in that.......
Maybe it was a psychological "we may only be here once" attitude and desperation with teams like Spurs and Napoli. Look where they both finished in the league in the season they were in the CL - fifth - and failed to qualify for it again for the next season. They earnt what they could by getting where they got to but they aren't there for the long haul.

With us it's different. We don't need things to happen immediately, things can be more progressive. It isn't desperation with us to get far, we will be there every season for the foreseeable future. Just like United Chelsea and Arsenal i think we will grow as the years go on rather than be a here today with loads of hype and furor and gone tomorrow situation.

Totally agree but do you not think it could be "psychological" for where we are now? When I first saw our group I thought WOW great what exciting matches we are in for, everyone else seemed to be saying "hardest group", "no chance", "won't qualify" etc the fans, press and the whole media circus have said the same. These other teams are champions in their own countries, well SO ARE WE, we are English champions, they are supposed to be our equals not our betters. For the rest of this campaign lets start believing and next season in the CL believe from the start
Yeah i do agree actually. But not so much that we've psychologically thought we were inferior, I just think everyone has been very relaxed about the Champions League so far. Hopefully from the players to management team and also us as a set of fans, I'd like everyone to take the Champions League more seriously next year. Our two first seasons have seemed no more important than the Europa League in terms of occasion set by the fans atmosphere and the way the team has played, it's as if reaching the group stage and UEFA awarding us €3.9 million, plus €550,000 per group match played with a win in the group giving €800,000 and a draw worth €400,000; it's been like a bit of a mini pay day and some nice half friendly-hakf competitive matches against some top sides from around Europe. I'm sure that's not how anyone has gone into these games but that's exactly how it's all felt. I was expecting a real buzz around the ground before games, a real atmosphere when the teams come out and at kick-off and then intensity throughout the game, but as I say it's just felt really relaxed on all parts.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:06 pm --<br /><br />
olddirty said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
My team:

Hart

Maicon
Zabaleta
Kompany(c)
Nastasic
Kolarov

Yaya
Milner
Nasri

Silva

Aguero.

Set up:

Crosses can go along the floor and Kun is good at losing his man at the back post.

olddirty said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
My team:

Hart

Maicon
Zabaleta
Kompany(c)
Nastasic
Kolarov

Yaya
Milner
Nasri

Silva

Aguero.

Set up:

Dzeko has infuriated me each time he's started this season, caught offside more times than Ade & Benjani combined.

Just one great Champions League night please, the closest we've gotten so far really was the last second win against eventually relegated La Liga side Villarreal. The 2-0 win over Munich was nice but it was just their fringe players so didn't feel special. Beating Madrid tonight would be truly special as they are coming with all the big players.

know some (a lot) on here don't care, but i'd love, love, love if we twatted Madrid, even if we did end up going out.

or, gasp, the europa, which i think would still do us some good.

We will need a gameplan, from start to finish, luck, and basic defending things like concentrate on set pieces, corners.

So far we missed gameplan, luck and basic defending in all our CL matches this year. Players, Mancini, Lady Fortuna are all responsible for this.

I just hope they dont start Modric or Özil (or both of them). Becaue they will put Barry's defending skills, pace into new lows.

we are out anyway so we should give our all do not sit back, do not try to reach the draw, go for the win Mancini even if we end up losing but we might win too.

Going for the draw maybe would work but wouldnt worth anything right now or we lose and we had no chance to win.

Losing tonight and then in Dortmund what a horrible way to finish in Europe. that would be 2 points from 6 matches as English Champion. Surely we are not that bad. We cant be.

Song for tonight...

Your coat's from Matalan,
Your coat's from Matalan,
Bob looks so nifty in Brunello Cucinelli

Note:
Brunello Cucinelli is pronounced: Brun-ell-o Cuch-in-elli
It costs £2500+ for a Brunello Cucinelli men's coat ..

Come on City. Just about to leave for the game.

To those of us going, let's get the atmos rocking plenty of things to sing about, Mou/Tranny to give hell to. An early goal for us & ajax would help as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.