City vs Real Madrid Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City vs Madrid Pre match dicussion thread

Tevez City said:
One of Mancini's biggest tests this season, lets hope he will pass the test and we will have a nice and historical night to remember.

Regarding the line up, I would prefer the same ELEVEN who started against Aston Villa

_________________Hart_________________

Maicon_____Komp___Nasty_____Clichy

Silva_______Yaya_____Barry_____Nasri

__________Tevez______Aguero

If we start like this, i am afraid that we will watch same 1 half like in madrid.

For me must be something like this.

Zab_____Komp___Nasty_____Clichy

Maicon_______Garcia_____Barry_____Nasri

Yaya

Dzeko/Aguero

Silva in 2nd half, becoz Pepe will kill him like he do in madrid. Also i prefered uptop Dzeko or Balotelli, and maybe Tevez instand of Nasri.

...........................Aguero

Tevez..........Aguero............Tevez...........Aguero

Aguero.........Tevez................Aguero........Tevez

................Aguero......................Tevez

great partnership, a lot of goals.......

bench: Dzeko, Dzeko, Dzeko, Dzeko, Dzeko, Dzeko,Dzeko

Madrid plays with 3 midfielders in the middle so Mancini will do the same. Itis not like they have to change their basic tactics, but we have to change from what we play in PL. First points of their dominance but that is CL.

Last time they went for a defensive trio Essien-Khedira-Xabi A. but still they were dominating us, Barry+Garcia couldnt stop them and they ended up with long shots many times, all their goals came from long shots and if Hart is not that good it could have been 4-5.

I think we shouldnt be defensive minded at all this time, we are nearly out of this competition and surely will be when Dortmund will be 2-0 in first half in Amsterdam.

Attack them without fear but of course without the careless defensive mistakes.
If we attack with real pace not many teams can stop us. Leave the slow build ups as we will lose the ball to them and their counters are very good.

They rarely meet a team in their league with an attacking quarter like Silva, Yaya, Agüero, Tevez so at least we should try them, make their life harder with fast passing, shots.

Instead of inviting them to our half, sitting deep hoping for a draw.

Mentality will be key for me. Going out from CL with pride and good mentality or not. This is at stakes now.
Also think if we want EL we have to win at least one match and see better chance for it at home vs. Madrid than in Dortmund Arena. Away from home we are shit in Europe, Kijev, Sporting, Napoli, Bayern showed it. Dont trust that much we can get the 3 point there. Maybe in a magical night vs. Madrid on Wednesday.

But only with the right mentality and gameplan. We are unbeaten at home in europe since 2008, in the league since about 40 matches.

For anyone who believes that we can still qualify (which I do), then wanting anything other than an Ajax win in Amsterdam on Wednesday is madness. A win for Ajax represents our best chance of qualifying, of course assuming we win our two remaining matches.

The complication comes in if we win our two remaining games, Ajax win on Wednesday, and Real-Ajax finishes in a draw. That would leave all four teams on 8 points thus rendering head-to-head uselss, right? In any event, I think it's unlikely that Real-Ajax will finish in a draw. A positive result either way would suit us, but you'd be a brave man to bet against Real in their own back yard in a must-win game.

As one who has watched enough football over the years to not yet throw in the towel, my selection for Wednesday would be:-

Hart

Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Clichy

Nasri Toure Barry

Silva Tevez Aguero

Subs: Pantilimon, Maicon, Kolarov, Lescott, Milner, Sinclair, Dzeko

Sorry , but just cannot see us qualifying now ..... even if we beat Real Madrid.

clarion said:
...........................Aguero

Tevez..........Aguero............Tevez...........Aguero

Aguero.........Tevez................Aguero........Tevez

................Aguero......................Tevez

great partnership, a lot of goals.......

bench: Dzeko, Dzeko, Dzeko, Dzeko, Dzeko, Dzeko,Dzeko
Not bad, but I would put Hart on goal.

I don't think you should play Barry in this one. Is Garcia fit?

.....................Hart...................
Maicon..Kompany..Nastasic..Clichy
.............Yaya.......Garcia...........
.....Silva........Tevez........Nasri....
...................Aguero.................

Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kolorov in place of Nasri (possible double up on di Maria) and, if so, Dzeko in for one of Tevez or Aguero to feed off Kolorov's crosses etc.

John Wayne said:
For anyone who believes that we can still qualify (which I do), then wanting anything other than an Ajax win in Amsterdam on Wednesday is madness. A win for Ajax represents our best chance of qualifying, of course assuming we win our two remaining matches.

The complication comes in if we win our two remaining games, Ajax win on Wednesday, and Real-Ajax finishes in a draw. That would leave all four teams on 8 points thus rendering head-to-head uselss, right? In any event, I think it's unlikely that Real-Ajax will finish in a draw. A positive result either way would suit us, but you'd be a brave man to bet against Real in their own back yard in a must-win game.

As one who has watched enough football over the years to not yet throw in the towel, my selection for Wednesday would be:-

Hart

agree with team apart from barry, just to slow for madrid who are on you in a flash, id have milner in

Nasri Toure Barry

Silva Tevez Aguero

I would love to still qualify but those matches against Ajax have killed are hopes.I still want us to beat Ronaldo and Real Madrid that would be sweet

John Wayne said:

Hart

Nasri Toure Barry

Silva Tevez Aguero

How about Ajax lose and then beat Real pilgrim ?

Its the only way we can through without looking at goal difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.