City Vs Roma Post Match Thread

Much better second half but the penny has to drop with Pellegrini playing a 2 man midfield against the top teams as we just don't press the ball enough high up the field and then teams can just pass round us

So naive. I sincerely hope Pellegrini learns form the second half of this game going forward in Europe.

Yaya, one has too question either his commitment or his fitness. Or both. He needs the little break Joe was put on last year in my eyes.

Agree completely with everyones comments....short, slow, passing just doesn't work against the top teams in Europe and never will...we just not good enough and Yaya and Fernandinho in midfield just doesn't work in Europe.....cant believe I saying this but we need to buy....getting ripped apart in the middle against the top teams........very poor and cant score enough....so much time of possession and again nothing to show for it....

dubblue said:
Manchester_lalala said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
We aren't CL material.

We've got better players than Roma, I don't see why we are not. We need pogba and reus, two superstars to give us a boost. We didn't improve in the summer, exactly like 12/13.

I agree,we didn't improve the starting 11.
We got Jovetic as a fit striker (for a while!) but lost Yaya, in that he was never likely to repeat his fantastic form of last season.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Right, conclusive proof that 2 up top in Europe does not work for us. 2nd half when we changed things we were much better but we lack threat at the moment, too much fannying around on the edge of their box.

That's a proven fact, however the Dinosaur of a manager is blind to it.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Million miles off winning this competition, we play with absolutely no pace and don't have a single player who can run with the ball at the opposition. If David Silva is going to play in this competition then he has to start in the number ten role otherwise we get completely overran in midfield.
Exactly,there is no point playing Silva out wide and going with two in the midfield against top.sides in Europe..Atleast there is a chance to redeem ourselves against bayern and roma,if pellegrini still gets his tactics wrong again,then there is going to be absolutely no excuse for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.