City Vs Roma Post Match Thread

Jack Wills said:
Not good enough. Not enough pressure applied on their players or on the ref to give us something.

Once we got Lamps and Jimmy on we looked a bit more in control, but like much of this season so far not clinical enough. If Silva could shoot he'd be the third best player in the world.

Yaya fucking bobbins again, he just cannot be arsed. Wish we'd sold him in summer and got Fabregas. See if Pellers has the balls to leave Yaya out against Villa, give him a kick up the arse. Start with Lampard instead.

If we're ever going to do anything in the CL we really need to make an absolute top drawer attacking midfield signing next summer.

Pogba.

Those arrogant cunts in the pre match thread were predicting 5-0, 4-0 thrashings. I hope they can fuck right off with their rag like arrogance. We don't need these kind of fans.

moz said:
Wrong starting 11 ...........we are better than this
Not in the CL we're not. Have we really progressed in the 5 seasons we've been playing in it? Yes, we're getting tough groups. But the overall quality of our football isn't anywhere near good enough to win the thing. Winning the PL is one thing; let's be honest, once you get outside the top 4 or 5, there's a lot of dross in the PL. It doesn't really prepare you for the massive (sorry!) step up in quality that's needed to make decent progress in the CL. And I can't see it changing for us anytime soon. It looks at this stage like we'll probably need at least 4 points from the trip to Rome and the home game against Bayern if we are to get out of the group. Can you see us doing it?

We're just not as good as we maybe like to think.
We didn't press them nearly enough and our passing game is old hat and far too slow at times.

Hello guys,
As Roma fan here.
Unfortunately Roma inexperience was shown today.
Second half expecially the team decided to defend cause they wanted the draw and thats a pity because the team is very good a can play very nice football if they just believe more in their skills.
When Roma needed to score, the players showed they can play football and create huge problems to man city.
I think Roma risked to loose more by trying to defend the draw. They shouldve played to win I think.
I guess in the second half the team started to think about the next match with juventus.

Anyway the fact that Roma players were scared of Manchester city and wanted the draw should make Manchester city fans proud.

We should have won this match on the basis of fouls by Roma (2 pens, 1 red, and multiple yellows to prevent them from pressing). BUT in-spite of that there is no way we should have not won. I mean the 1st half we were shocking. WE ARE AT HOME AND ROMA ARE MISSING 3 KEY PLAYERS.

For me, Toure doesn't work in europe. Not anymore. Neither in a 3 man midfield and definitely not in a 2 man. In a 2 man midfield you need incredibly hard working players who should also be technically good if you want to dominate the game. We don't have them (yaya is not a work horse, fernandinho is Ok technically, and Fernando while superb at defense in not what you'd all a technically gifted player). In a 3 man midfield Yaya isn't effective since he (or Manuel makes him) plays off the striker and that nullifies his ability to control games. For me the way forward at should be the Ferns in a midfiled 2 and silva in the hole at home, away we should flood the midfield (Milner, the ferns and no yaya) and play silva wide.

Further more, I get that we wanted to make a statement by playing 2 strikers but that just shows the naivety of our manager and a lot of fellow poster who were arrogantly proclaiming a 5-0 victory. WE NEEDED the win and 1-0 is as good as 5-0. And its not that you can't score many with 1 striker only.

Look at PSG today, they played 433 and although barca dominated, they still won. Hard work in midfield, taking chances off set pieces and counters. I believe we are better (slightly) than PSG. I also believe that Barca is miles better than Roma.

Which bring me to the last part - set pieces. The amount that we get and with the sort of physical players we have we should be scoring a shit load from them. I honestly believe we can average 2 goals per 3 games from set pieces alone because of the amount we get and the playes with aerial prowess that we posses. We need work on them (the delivery and set up) and need a proper set piece taker. Set pieces in the box with proper pace and curl cause defenses a lot of problems. In Europe against big teams that is the best chance to score (look at Athletico - hard work and set piece proficiency).

I am beginning to think this season is a write off for us. Memories of the 2012-13 season even though we prepared better. Hopefully it will change but I am not too optimistic.

Still early days yet stop f**kin whingein.
We've had the worst luck in the world regarding CL draws.
Napoli (cavani lavezzi)
Dortmund
Madrid
Munich
Now Roma (best team they've had in recent years)
We can still qualify from ANOTHER group of death.
It's not rocket science we should have started with Milner or Lampard instead of dzeko.
Onwards and upwards.
Smash villa 4-0 now!!!!

No he hasn't, did you think they will be happy with domestic success? Is that the end game? Do you think hey became so rich because they kept throwing money after a project thrash year after year shows no sign of progress? The project is European domination. Deal with it.

You guys calling for 4-2-3-1 are up for a major dissapointment once (and if) we revert to it...

Yes, we'll be more compact in the middle. Yes we'll dominate possession...
But I personally DONT see any ACTUAL benefit in terms of scoring and winning games! Correct me if I am wrong - but we just pass around endlessly, and seamingly "press" - but oposition just simply deals with around 20 yards out...no ACTUAL, tangible result...like EVER.

We DONT have attacking players fit for that formation (bar Jovetic, maybe)...you see how "efficient" Silva, Nasri, etc. are in front of the goal...

With 4-2-3-1 you're up for many, many draws...or narrow 1:0 wins...be carefull what you wish for.

Roma better team but when you go 1 up we shouldn't be losing if you want to qualify! I'm really getting cheesed of with champs league like 12k who didn't turn up tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.