City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
mastermind said:
sgerlat said:
You really are underestimating Roma, I don't think you ever watched any of our matches in the last 2 years or so, if you're so sure. Not that you should follow la Serie A.

I do agree when you say City shouldn't fear any opposing team, that's a mentality issue, and I do believe you're better side with slightly better chances of winning the forthcoming challenge, but there's no way a team with De Rossi-Strootman-Iturbe-Castan-Astori injured with still a good bench too, which manage to win them all nonetheless, scoring 5 goals in 50 minutes after a 4 year hiatus from CL, can be just decent and easily beatable.

Having said that the 4-3-3 is overall much more versatile, balanced e unpredictable than any 4-4-2, despite the actors, playing both Djeko and Aguero from the start would be a huge tactical mistake, it could have devasting consequences.

The worst error you could make against Roma is leaving the midfield exposed letting us control the game, tiki-taka style.

I'm not being biased here.

As Pellegrini says .. formations are irrelevant telephone numbers .

You don't automatically win the game if you have more possession . The only stat that matters is the score line.

Roma are a good side in Seria A , but they haven't been tested in Europe .. I think you're on the same level as Everton or Shalke . We could easily beat you 5-0 but it all depends on what kind of mood the players are in and what kind of mood the crowd is in.

Roma's better than Everton, nearer Arsenal.

Finally, someone rating us properly.

We're almost there, they're better just because they play in the Europe that counts consistently, they're consistely crap though, we could be good, plus we don't have to play a chipped bidet like Wellbeck as our main striker to win games, I reckon that's a big plus.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Kolarov has quite rightly called out our levels of support today, ahead of the Roma game.

How we are noisy for a couple of minutes but then all goes quiet. How, for a five minute period, we inspired the team to get a result against Chelsea.

How the Roma fans will be our biggest challenge to getting out the group.

I know ticket sales have been poor, but regardless of the opposition, he obviously feels the disconnect between this competition and our fanbase?

Talking of ticket sales loads have disappeared from the planner this morning. Anybody know what's happening?
Are we selling them cheap to the police, civil service, students etc again like last year?
I'd like to think that there has been a late surge in sales but don't really believe it.

sgerlat said:
Kun Aguero said:
mastermind said:
As Pellegrini says .. formations are irrelevant telephone numbers .

You don't automatically win the game if you have more possession . The only stat that matters is the score line.

Roma are a good side in Seria A , but they haven't been tested in Europe .. I think you're on the same level as Everton or Shalke . We could easily beat you 5-0 but it all depends on what kind of mood the players are in and what kind of mood the crowd is in.

We're almost there, they're better just because they play in the Europe that counts consistently, they're consistely crap though, we could be good, plus we don't have to play a chipped bidet like Wellbeck as our main striker to win games, I reckon that's a big plus.

I love that comment,entered my vocab.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'll take City by three or four.

Roma? Do me a favour.

Italian club football is a joke.

Hopefully City's players got the same mentality too, it would be wonderful.

I think we need to win by a couple of clear goals. I'm not too confident about the return match in Rome and as we all now know (!)
head to head will decide it if we finish level on points. I'm going for a 3-1 win but I think we will need to be at our best to achieve that.

sgerlat said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'll take City by three or four.

Roma? Do me a favour.

Italian club football is a joke.

Hopefully City's players got the same mentality too, it would be wonderful.

Simply by virtue of Italian football's 'reputation', and Roma being one of their bigger clubs, this game represents the first time we can go into a game of this standing and deliver a proper statement, regardless of them not being a Barca, Real or Bayern.

They are nowhere near that level.

We have needed a night like tomorrow, one where we can not just win, but put on a show for the national TV cameras, should our players be in the mood.

Very confident.

FFS - United once put seven past a Roma team that was vastly superior to this one.

And our team is on a different planet to both of them.

Any idea on ticket sales?

Ive a feeling its going to be similar to Sheff Weds around 32k.

Not been able to buy on 3rd tier as they are still trying to sell out 1 and 2 tiers.

Tbilisi said:
sgerlat said:
Kun Aguero said:

I love that comment,entered my vocab.

Thanks, being a non-English speaker, I really appreciate your consideration too :-)

Italians love bidet eheh, it's a cultural thing, 97% of us use it, so it's very common for us to come up with a similar expression.

I would have used the italian word "cesso", which means "bidet" and at the same time "piece of crap" referring to someone or just someone who is bad at something, but I couldn't find any equivalent. I do like though the contrast the French word gave to my precedent epithet.

Have you got any idiomatic expression that I may not know? There must be one, even if it's not very popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.