City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latics Fan SJK said:
You have the better squad, and are at home, so you should win. However I'm amazed at the levels of arrogance in this thread, along with the regular claims that Roma are no better than Spurs & Everton.

Roma are a bloody good side. They've started the season well too, and are joint top of Serie A. They've just smashed 5 past CSKA after a lengthy sabbatical from Europe. They have some very good players.

I think you'll win, and it would be timely given your need to stamp down some authority in the CL, but I dont think it'll be a walk in the park by any stretch.
We beat CSKA home and away last season. Their 5-1 isn't that meaningful.

I am not sure what to expect from Roma. I know their domestic record is good, but then you look at Italian club football and you wonder how good they are. Tevez was slowing down and beginning to struggle when we sold him, yet he is still doing well for Juve. Ashley Cole was well past his best for Chelsea and he plays for Roma now, whilst Maicon who couldn't get a look in, is their other full back. But then they have Pjanic who is really good.
And we can't forget that Napoli gave us two very difficult games

And teams raise their games for these fixtures.

afhald said:
First minutes will be crucial, we need to score as soon as possible to own the game.
Mancini has just said exactly the same about Roma's chances

Hello guys,
Another As Roma fan here!
First of all good luck to you and I hope it will be a beautiful match.
I don't know Manchester City but from what I hear you guys won the premiership last year so you have to be very very strong I guess.
Roma is very strong this year too, but unfortunately for us right now, we have big issues with injuries in the defence which could be very good for you.
So far Roma never won against english teams away so it will be tough for sure for us.
If our central defenders perform well it will be a nice game I think

mastermind said:
afhald said:
mastermind said:
Juventus won the league last season. I've watched Juventus struggle against Benfica in the Europa League.

Honestly, Juventus and Roma are on the level of Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle, et al.
So Juventus is a bad team and Roma worse?

Not a bad team .. just not on our level. They are very beatable. How often to do they face a free-scoring team like ours ?

Let's open the flood gates on them. No mercy.

But are they any worse than the Napoli team that came and drew here and beat us away or the Juve team that drew here?

We've improved, but we need to concentrate to win this game, any slight sign of complacency like we showed at 2-0 vs Hull will get punished. If we play well though, I think everyone is in agreement that we SHOULD win. Be interesting, either way, if they go through ahead of us, good luck to them, it's a very tough group.... again!

OnlyOneCaptain said:
Hello guys,
I don't know Manchester City but from what I hear you guys won the premiership last year so you have to be very very strong I guess.
Roma is very strong this year too, but unfortunately for us right now, we have big issues with injuries in the defence which could be very good for you.
So far Roma never won against english teams away so it will be tough for sure for us.

Romans popping out from every corner, I'm digging it.

I think we or any other fan wouldn't have registered to this forum if we didn't thought we're great.

Thing with Italian teams they will defend as good as Chelsea did so it's going need a bit of individual skill to break the dead lock and if that happens early we should go on and win by 2 goals

sgerlat said:
OnlyOneCaptain said:
Hello guys,

Romans popping out from every corner, I'm digging it.

I think we or any other fan wouldn't have registered to this forum if we didn't thought we're great.

Roma's a good side no doubt about that but I'd certainly swap some players with City! ;)

Loukas said:
mastermind said:
afhald said:
So Juventus is a bad team and Roma worse?

Not a bad team .. just not on our level. They are very beatable. How often to do they face a free-scoring team like ours ?

Let's open the flood gates on them. No mercy.

But are they any worse than the Napoli team that came and drew here and beat us away or the Juve team that drew here?

We've improved, but we need to concentrate to win this game, any slight sign of complacency like we showed at 2-0 vs Hull will get punished. If we play well though, I think everyone is in agreement that we SHOULD win. Be interesting, either way, if they go through ahead of us, good luck to them, it's a very tough group.... again!

Under Mancini we struggled in the CL. His football style was bad for CL.

Pellegrini is CL expert. In his first season we should have topped the group but Bayern were granted two fake goals in the final game which meant we finished 2nd in the group. We didn't lose against Barcelona because we were shit .. we lost because we played with 10 men in both legs.

These referees .. some of them are cunts .. we may well have some cuntish referee tomorrow who'll send someone off for nothing.

Bit worried about this encounter. But I do believe we should be winning it. They have had a good start to the season but haven't really been properly tested similar to Chelsea other than against us. CSKA are pretty bad and are the knocking boys of the group so 5-1 isn't to write home about. My prediction? 3-1 City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.