SchalkevNK Maribor
19:45
SportingvChelsea
BATE BorvAth Bilbao
Shakt DonskvFC Porto

We should know the result from Moscow before we kick off. Hopefully CSKA to draw.

Bluep*ss said:
TUE 30 SEP 2014 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Man CityvRoma
Paris St GvBarcelona
CSKAvBayern Mun
17:00
Apoel NicvAjax
SchalkevNK Maribor
SportingvChelsea
BATE BorvAth Bilbao
Shakt DonskvFC Porto

We should know the result from Moscow before we kick off. Hopefully CSKA to draw.
Don't expect any help from CSKA they are fucking shit. Bayern to win by 3 or 4 atleast. Zenit is the only proper Russian club, who don't get their ass spanked where ever they go.

Loukas said:
sgerlat said:
Loukas said:
But are they any worse than the Napoli team that came and drew here and beat us away or the Juve team that drew here?

We've improved, but we need to concentrate to win this game, any slight sign of complacency like we showed at 2-0 vs Hull will get punished. If we play well though, I think everyone is in agreement that we SHOULD win. Be interesting, either way, if they go through ahead of us, good luck to them, it's a very tough group.... again!

We're far superior to that Napoli, that by the way was very unlucky against Chelsea, they could have gone further, but you're much better too, no comparisons are relevant here.

I reasonably believe this Roma side is the best team we've ever had the chance to experience in the recent history of the club or perhaps a close second, I'm fairly young hence I can't go too far back. I don't know anything about the team that lost against Liverpool in the CL's final in the eighties, but I know we're up there with the one which won the last Scudetto back in 2001, and that team featured Cafù, Samuel, Aldair, Emerson, Totti and Batistuta almost all in their prime.

Also financially-wise, with this new owner an a stadium lined up, we've got some room for improvement too, the 2001 squad was covered in debt up to their neck, we had almost declared bankruptcy to win that one trophy, but know what? I don't care, Batistuta was just unreal to watch even if he didn't last long after we signed him.

Sounds good. Roma have always been a team I liked!

Hopefully both two of us can progress, but after us loosing to Munich I don't think that will happen! I hope you have a successful season - just as long as it's not at our expense in the Champions League!

I'm just hoping my opinions of your club wont be soured by my arse getting slashed when I go in December! :P

I wish you the same, but not for tomorrow :-)

If both City and Roma were to pass, considering you need to get at least 4 points off us, it would mean Roma played out his mind against Bayern, I'd take.

Where do I sign?

P.s. Enjoy your trip in Rome, you won't regret it.

mastermind said:
Juventus won the league last season. I've watched Juventus struggle against Benfica in the Europa League.

Honestly, Juventus and Roma are on the level of Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle, et al. There's no reason why we cannot win .. if we lose it is because of complacency and we've shown alot of complacency in recent years.
That's just ignorance. Juventus has made deeper runs then we have in the CL in the few years they've been back. I've seen us struggle against the likes of Sporting in the Europa league. Does that mean we're on the same level as Fiorentina, Lazio, Napoli?

Juve and Roma would comfortably be top 4 in the prem, and Juve would seriously challenge for the title. If we sleep on Roma, they will punish us. They seem to have some injury troubles at the moment which is good for us, so hopefully we capitalize, but I cant shake the negativity that seems to go into all our CL games.

Giallorosso said:
Pippa also means handjob.
Are you troubled with handjobs sgerlat? :)

Why would I? I'm perfectly fine with that but thanks for asking ehe
I was just trying to use a discreet way of putting it on a forum not saying it directly, not that anyone would have being shocked or cared. However, in this specific case I was suggesting another term, but of course the meaning is equivalent.

SkyBlue17 said:
mastermind said:
Juventus won the league last season. I've watched Juventus struggle against Benfica in the Europa League.

Honestly, Juventus and Roma are on the level of Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle, et al. There's no reason why we cannot win .. if we lose it is because of complacency and we've shown alot of complacency in recent years.
That's just ignorance. Juventus has made deeper runs then we have in the CL in the few years they've been back. I've seen us struggle against the likes of Sporting in the Europa league. Does that mean we're on the same level as Fiorentina, Lazio, Napoli?

Juve and Roma would comfortably be top 4 in the prem, and Juve would seriously challenge for the title. If we sleep on Roma, they will punish us. They seem to have some injury troubles at the moment which is good for us, so hopefully we capitalize, but I cant shake the negativity that seems to go into all our CL games.

Exactly, Juve did great that year, spanking Chelsea in the group stage and losing in QF against the winner who got rid of Barca with a combined score of 7-0, that really explains how good Bayern was. They were rebuilding too.

Last year they were delusional, they were out of shape and bit unlucky too. they should have passed anyway but I don't think the return game against Galatasaray can count as footbal played.

They were great against Real in both fixtures though, deserving at least a win.

OnlyOneCaptain said:
chicagoblues said:
btw how is Roma compared to an English team?
Very hard to tell before tomorrow match.
Roma is good, it plays by far the best football of Serie A (better than juventus) and has been doing that consistently for the last year till now.
Juventus won the last championship mostly due to be more consistent with very small opponents, sometimes also helped by referees.
If Roma players will be scared or the central defenders (3rd and 4th choise) will be terrible will be an easy win for manchester.
if the opposite it will be very though. Totti, Gervinho and Pjanic can really do amazing things if they are in their day
Is De Rossi injured ?
I know Roma started well last season but no idea what followed next. Do you think your club has changed for better or worst after the take over?

chicagoblues said:
OnlyOneCaptain said:
chicagoblues said:
btw how is Roma compared to an English team?
Very hard to tell before tomorrow match.
Roma is good, it plays by far the best football of Serie A (better than juventus) and has been doing that consistently for the last year till now.
Juventus won the last championship mostly due to be more consistent with very small opponents, sometimes also helped by referees.
If Roma players will be scared or the central defenders (3rd and 4th choise) will be terrible will be an easy win for manchester.
if the opposite it will be very though. Totti, Gervinho and Pjanic can really do amazing things if they are in their day
Is De Rossi injured ?
I know Roma started well last season but no idea what followed next. Do you think your club has changed for better or worst after the take over?

Yep, very injured,

http://www.laroma24.it/news/coppe-e...nza-storia-valgono-leverton-li-batteremo-5-0/

I guess my biggest and fearless rival in here is famous now.

Il pallone é rotondo nn pensate che la roma sia al livello del Newcastle nn siate cosi sicuri di vincere perché il cska nn è scarso se mai lo siete voi che nonostante tutti i miliardi fuori dalle mura British nn vincete niente forza roma vi aspetto all'etihad con gervinho totti morgan e tutti i nostri lupi hungry for glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.