Mangala
Kolarov
Navas
Yaya
Fernandinho
Silva
Dzeko
Aguero

I really think navas and zabaleta can cause roma a lot of problems on that side. Hopefully our pace and power should be enough to win this.

Yet another Roma fan who just registered on your forum to comment!

For tomorrow i'm all pumped up , and i'm sure that Roma CAN win vs City; of course that would be an huge upset since City are favorites by a countrymile , but anything can happen.

As it has been pointed out earlier in this thread , i think that playing a 4-4-2 vs Roma would be a suicide , our football style is primarily a possession based style with 3 midfielders rotating all the time , so having only 2 of your guys there would lose you the midfield battle , and you don't want that to happen.

All in all , we're not the classic "park the bus" italian team , it's gonna be a fun to watch , whatever the score ends up being.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'll take City by three or four.

Roma? Do me a favour.

Italian club football is a joke.

I like your optimism, but I think you're seriously underestimating the opposition. I think it'll be a very difficult game tomorrow. The injuries to Strootman, de Rossi and Astori help, but they still have the players to hurt us.

I think we'll go 442, just hope we don't get overrun in midfield.

Ric said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'll take City by three or four.

Roma? Do me a favour.

Italian club football is a joke.

I like your optimism, but I think you're seriously underestimating the opposition. I think it'll be a very difficult game tomorrow. The injuries to Strootman, de Rossi and Astori help, but they still have the players to hurt us.

I think we'll go 442, just hope we don't get overrun in midfield.
We won't if we press ala Chelsea.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Is Maicon likely to start for Roma?

Might be worth playing Navas from the off if so. Could cause havoc
On the left? No. Kolarov will murder Maicon.

aguero93:20 said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Is Maicon likely to start for Roma?

Might be worth playing Navas from the off if so. Could cause havoc
On the left? No. Kolarov will murder Maicon.

I know Navas would be playing on his "wrong side" as it were, but just thought his extra pace might cause them problems. They do play a similarly high line, to us, at the back after all.

We have to play 3 in the middle. Refs in Europe will penalise our attacking, tuff tackling play. We'll get over run with 2 when the 2 includes Yaya (be happy with Fernandinho and Fernando) and end up with early yellows which will affect our ability to play our style. Put 3 in the middle and close the space and ease up a little on putting the foot in otherwise well get penalised and loose possession continuously.

City Glory While Others Fade said:
We have to play 3 in the middle. Refs in Europe will penalise our attacking, tuff tackling play. We'll get over run with 2 when the 2 includes Yaya (be happy with Fernandinho and Fernando) and end up with early yellows which will affect our ability to play our style. Put 3 in the middle and close the space and ease up a little on putting the foot in otherwise well get penalised and loose possession continuously.

Fernando is out mate.

I think Pellegrini will play 4-4-2 but he will go with Milner over Navas and have him dropping into midfield to make up a three when out of possession.

4-4-2 is fine but you have to work hard off the ball more so over most if not all formations, Sergio and Edin have to be tracking back and pressing at every opportunity.

Manuel might start Jovetic with one of Edin or Sergio, if so we have more of a 4-2-3-1 then which could prove worthwhile.

We need to play with the same intensity that we showed against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.