City Vs Seville Champions League Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be an extremely tough game. Sevilla are a strong side, and we're going to be stretched with the injuries we have.

I'm guessing our bench will be something like Caballero, Demichelis, Otamendi, Fernando, Garcia, Barker, and Ambrose, which doesn't give us many options if we're chasing the game.

I don’t think Ambrose is going to get a spot. I think there must be some forward planning as to what we would do if Bony gets injured and Nacho was either ineligible or unfit. If it was going to involve Ambrose then I would have thought he would have been on the bench at some point over the last month or so but he hasn’t and that suggests to me that we would play various players out of position before Ambrose. Sterling is the obvious one but perhaps Roberts could do a job there or maybe KDB as a striker might be interesting.

I don’t think Ambrose is going to get a spot. I think there must be some forward planning as to what we would do if Bony gets injured and Nacho was either ineligible or unfit. If it was going to involve Ambrose then I would have thought he would have been on the bench at some point over the last month or so but he hasn’t and that suggests to me that we would play various players out of position before Ambrose. Sterling is the obvious one but perhaps Roberts could do a job there or maybe KDB as a striker might be interesting.
Got to agree with this. We saw last year he played James Milner up front for a few games. MP goes for experience pretty much every time.

Thinking about our squad I really think he'll start both Ferns and have Toure on the bench - gives us another option and I don't think we could risk starting him as he can't seem to manage 45 mins!

I think he'll play a pretty similar formation to Saturday whether we like it or not, if we score first he could move Sterling wide and bring KDB into the middle. (He can replace any of the midfield 5 with Yaya that way.

I agree. Would be surprising to see Ambrose after little exposure so far. Nacho isn't eligible so I think we'll see a lot of wide options and if we need to switch things up we'll play Sterling as a striker, particularly after his performance at the weekend. I think we'll see Roberts and Barker and I think we'll start with the same side (but with Kompany rather than Otamendi).

It all depends how the game plays out. Ideally we are winning and can rest players. I imagine if we need a goal, we'll keep Sterling central with Bony but potentially sacrifice a central midfielder and move De Bruyne central and have more width. We'll see. Still got several wide players, just need to make sure the finishing is top notch. Bony should have more confidence now and be in a better frame of mind to finish the chances that come his way.

Edited as Nasri injured again!

We are in no position to even underestimate the smallest teams in the CL, if there are any. And although we can cope with the injuries I would have felt a lot more confident with Aguero, Kolarov and Silva in the line-up. I think if we are without Yaya also and therefore playing the two Ferns in front of the defence, it benefits us.
Whatever way you look at it, we need to win and get a result that over two legs vs Sevilla will give us an advantage.

As for the ones who would favour Borussia MG taking points from Juventus, it will bring them back in to contention of grabbing 2nd spot meaning more competition as it is. I rather we play them in our last game when they are already out and not even playing for a place in tehEuropa League.

Roberts isn't eligible unfortunately. Can't see who else they'd select other than Ambrose, unless they put Evans or Glendon on the bench instead.

Pretty sure Ambrose was training with the first team ahead of the Monchengladbach game, so think he must be being considered. Fairly certain he wouldn't get on the pitch though barring an emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.