City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

chaddblue said:
dawlish dave said:
Footnote to the game. How did Wednesday fans feel looking at the Etihad stadium and all that's followed since the Commonwealth Games.
Back In 1991 Sheffield hosted the World Student Games, a 25000 stadium was built but with no plan to turn it into a football stadium after the games. Sheffield will be paying back millions for years to come, the Don Valley Stadium is these days a White Elephant now that Rotherham United have built there own ground.
If only someone connected to one or both of the Cities teams had put forward an idea, to do what City and the council did some 10 years later it could have been a Sheffield team that the ADG looked at investing in.
We and by that I mean all City fans plus the club owe thanks to the people who had the idea of converting the COM stadium after the games.

I was having a nosy on one of their forums and the vast majority were less than complementary. Words like soulless, classless, plastic were being bandied about. Quite a bit of jealousy and bitterness tbh. A lot of them reckon they wouldn't swap places with us lmfao!!

Forums are full of daft shite like that and our own is no exception.

I do love the insanity and dishonesty of a fan claiming he wouldn't swap places though. Yeah right.

Any football fan worth his salt would know we are the least plastic fans in the country and to say or post bollocks saying otherwise is just that!

If i was a fan of another club i would be looking at what is happening to us with a lot of envy too but i would hope i would not resort to petty jibes but who knows? I guess Chelsea copped the same and their fanbase stayed fairly loyal,albeit with more success than us before their takeover.

paulchapo said:
Any football fan worth his salt would know we are the least plastic fans in the country and to say or post bollocks saying otherwise is just that!

If i was a fan of another club i would be looking at what is happening to us with a lot of envy too but i would hope i would not resort to petty jibes but who knows? I guess Chelsea copped the same and their fanbase stayed fairly loyal,albeit with more success than us before their takeover.

And yet the full bitter goalpost-wrenching UEFA jealous machine only kicked into action when we got our new owners

Not being sarky.... really bewildered as to why Twatinni and co sprang into action over our takeover , rather than Chel$ki's [sic]

dom said:
paulchapo said:

And yet the full bitter goalpost-wrenching UEFA jealous machine only kicked into action when we got our new owners

Not being sarky.... really bewildered as to why Twatinni and co sprang into action over our takeover , rather than Chel$ki's [sic]

I would say pressure from the established order. Chelsea breaking through they thought was a one off and so long as Arsenal, the rags and dippers took their place in the champion's league every year they didn't give a stuff. Us coming along scared them shitless, with due cause.

paulchapo said:
dom said:
paulchapo said:

I would say pressure from the established order. Chelsea breaking through they thought was a one off and so long as Arsenal, the rags and dippers took their place in the champion's league every year they didn't give a stuff. Us coming along scared them shitless, with due cause.

Spot on. Those 4 were the established top four for quite a few years. Suddenly one of them had to drop out so something had to be done

bobmcfc said:
img%5D

It's that time again....

Who is this?

Reading this forum you are becoming more like your neighbours than you think, some of the arrogance is breathtaking. Is it really so long since you were like us? Wasn't it an amazing feat that we even got close to you at the weekend? A team with what 1 player who actually cost a fee and that fee being equivalent to less than a months wages for Toure. Hardly a mention of our fans, we sold out our allocation a couple of months ago and lost 7-0 and yet we were back and supported our team. Which from the sounds of it is something you seem to have forgotten to do. All sat there playing the mini Mourinio blaming officials for what was a maybe a poor performance or god forbid a good performance from another team.

I have been over to the Etihad a few times to watch you, even splashed out to watch you corporate against Bayern Munich last season. I told people it was an amazing experience well organised, polite and friendly staff, great food, great seats. Some great players on show Bayern were brillant you were rubbish until Silva come on that night. It is almost a different Sport to what we watch and in reality would I want to get into the Premiership with a rich owner building a new stadium and buying good players, of course I would. Would I miss Hillsborough, laughing at the peeling paint and faded dreams, yes I would, it is still a family event for me, three generations going to games, that tie binding us together, as it has done in my family since the second world war. We still have a buzz when we have a decent crowd because it isn't about new concrete it is about us, our team, all together. Lets be honest the Etihad was not designed as a Football Stadium if it was the crowd would a a hell of alot closer to the pitch, the accoustics are terrible after seeing live music there I can fully vouch for that but it is brilliant as a commercial platform, the club shop is amazing, we still sell crappy pens cups and plastic clocks, your is like a designer store, fantastic but is it what you and we are going for.

My first away game of note was in the 1970's and it was a trip to Maine Road, by the time we got in the Ground it was half time, the organisation was a shambles, the police horrible, I saw 45 minutes play we lost, it rained. The atmosphere was electric City Fans made an immense noise, fervent as were we. To this day even now thinking about and typing I have goose bumps, getting out after the game walking through streets of terraced houses. Sure the Etihad is great is it better? I dont think I will remember any trip there in 30 years if I am still here, although it was a great Creme Brulee I had for desert that day last season.

Enjoy where you are maybe miss some of what you had because nothing is perfect and for everything you get you give up a little. Remember what you were try to retain it, leave the arrogance to those across town, hopefully it isn't a measure of success seeing how arrogant and condescending you can become.

For us next its a trip to Forest another old team with a crap ground and slightly less crap players than us but the fans are real and we all hope to get what you have got in Football Utopia ;o)

Please forgive the Grammar and Spelling mistakes, I have spent too long typing to start correcting it haha

SWFC 1867 said:
Reading this forum you are becoming more like your neighbours than you think, some of the arrogance is breathtaking. Is it really so long since you were like us? Wasn't it an amazing feat that we even got close to you at the weekend? A team with what 1 player who actually cost a fee and that fee being equivalent to less than a months wages for Toure. Hardly a mention of our fans, we sold out our allocation a couple of months ago and lost 7-0 and yet we were back and supported our team. Which from the sounds of it is something you seem to have forgotten to do. All sat there playing the mini Mourinio blaming officials for what was a maybe a poor performance or god forbid a good performance from another team.

I have been over to the Etihad a few times to watch you, even splashed out to watch you corporate against Bayern Munich last season. I told people it was an amazing experience well organised, polite and friendly staff, great food, great seats. Some great players on show Bayern were brillant you were rubbish until Silva come on that night. It is almost a different Sport to what we watch and in reality would I want to get into the Premiership with a rich owner building a new stadium and buying good players, of course I would. Would I miss Hillsborough, laughing at the peeling paint and faded dreams, yes I would, it is still a family event for me, three generations going to games, that tie binding us together, as it has done in my family since the second world war. We still have a buzz when we have a decent crowd because it isn't about new concrete it is about us, our team, all together. Lets be honest the Etihad was not designed as a Football Stadium if it was the crowd would a a hell of alot closer to the pitch, the accoustics are terrible after seeing live music there I can fully vouch for that but it is brilliant as a commercial platform, the club shop is amazing, we still sell crappy pens cups and plastic clocks, your is like a designer store, fantastic but is it what you and we are going for.

My first away game of note was in the 1970's and it was a trip to Maine Road, by the time we got in the Ground it was half time, the organisation was a shambles, the police horrible, I saw 45 minutes play we lost, it rained. The atmosphere was electric City Fans made an immense noise, fervent as were we. To this day even now thinking about and typing I have goose bumps, getting out after the game walking through streets of terraced houses. Sure the Etihad is great is it better? I dont think I will remember any trip there in 30 years if I am still here, although it was a great Creme Brulee I had for desert that day last season.

Enjoy where you are maybe miss some of what you had because nothing is perfect and for everything you get you give up a little. Remember what you were try to retain it, leave the arrogance to those across town, hopefully it isn't a measure of success seeing how arrogant and condescending you can become.

For us next its a trip to Forest another old team with a crap ground and slightly less crap players than us but the fans are real and we all hope to get what you have got in Football Utopia ;o)

Please forgive the Grammar and Spelling mistakes, I have spent too long typing to start correcting it haha
Good post in my opinion. A lot on here will tell you you're talking bollocks - they do with my posts when I've tried pointing this out. Some City fans seem to take the moral high ground where support is concerned and still believe they're considered the most loyal and greatest etc. The reality is City are getting a growing reputation for having a very poor support amongst many fans of other clubs yet some still don't see it. Its been pointed out very painfully on television by ex united players which clearly and understandably infuriated City fans but the evidence is there. I know a Wednesday fan who was at last week's cup match and they always liked the City support but were astonished at how we'd changed. Subdued, moaning, no desire to get behind the team. Not all of course but out of a near full stadium they were amazed at the lack of support for the team. Strange atmosphere was the description used. I don't particularly care for the stadium much. Its very anaemic and soulless much like the new Wembley is. I don't much care for the current city support much anymore either. Half empty ground by 90 minutes is pretty pathetic in my opinion with the success we've seen lately. And especially when they've done fuck all to get behind the side too. But I suppose getting back to Glossop, Cheadle and Poynton and god knows where from the centre of Manchester is more important than making some noise for the team. I'll always want to see City win every match we play, I'll always cheer them on. Have done since as an 8 year old in 1975 when there was no such thing as a Family stand (or creche as its become) and even when you lost you still defended them to the death. Ah well, be careful what you wish for .
Good luck to the Owls anyway.

SWFC 1867 said:

Good post there fella - you are entitled to your opinion.

Psychodelic said:
SWFC 1867 said:

Good post in my opinion. A lot on here will tell you you're talking bollocks - they do with my posts when I've tried pointing this out. Some City fans seem to take the moral high ground where support is concerned and still believe they're considered the most loyal and greatest etc. The reality is City are getting a growing reputation for having a very poor support amongst many fans of other clubs yet some still don't see it. Its been pointed out very painfully on television by ex united players which clearly and understandably infuriated City fans but the evidence is there. I know a Wednesday fan who was at last week's cup match and they always liked the City support but were astonished at how we'd changed. Subdued, moaning, no desire to get behind the team. Not all of course but out of a near full stadium they were amazed at the lack of support for the team. Strange atmosphere was the description used. I don't particularly care for the stadium much. Its very anaemic and soulless much like the new Wembley is. I don't much care for the current city support much anymore either. Half empty ground by 90 minutes is pretty pathetic in my opinion with the success we've seen lately. And especially when they've done fuck all to get behind the side too. But I suppose getting back to Glossop, Cheadle and Poynton and god knows where from the centre of Manchester is more important than making some noise for the team. I'll always want to see City win every match we play, I'll always cheer them on. Have done since as an 8 year old in 1975 when there was no such thing as a Family stand (or creche as its become) and even when you lost you still defended them to the death. Ah well, be careful what you wish for .
Good luck to the Owls anyway.
not much you like about city is there . By the way you`re talking sentimental bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.