City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

Watched it in a bar in Tenerife and just got back. Poor display but we controlled a large portion of the game but never looked like scoring until Silver and Nasri came on.

Oliver needs investigating.Never gives us much and his display in the derby was a shocker. He then turns down two blatant penalties for Stoke against the rags, this man is a rag without a shadow of a doubt!

Don Valley Stadium.

Footnote to the game. How did Wednesday fans feel looking at the Etihad stadium and all that's followed since the Commonwealth Games.
Back In 1991 Sheffield hosted the World Student Games, a 25000 stadium was built but with no plan to turn it into a football stadium after the games. Sheffield will be paying back millions for years to come, the Don Valley Stadium is these days a White Elephant now that Rotherham United have built there own ground.
If only someone connected to one or both of the Cities teams had put forward an idea, to do what City and the council did some 10 years later it could have been a Sheffield team that the ADG looked at investing in.
We and by that I mean all City fans plus the club owe thanks to the people who had the idea of converting the COM stadium after the games.

I suppose JM will end up getting away from us on a free, or will he be given a revised contract? Hope he stays. His work rate is what we need. Can't fault his effort. He's just a mercenary like all other footballers these days.

dawlish dave said:
Footnote to the game. How did Wednesday fans feel looking at the Etihad stadium and all that's followed since the Commonwealth Games.
Back In 1991 Sheffield hosted the World Student Games, a 25000 stadium was built but with no plan to turn it into a football stadium after the games. Sheffield will be paying back millions for years to come, the Don Valley Stadium is these days a White Elephant now that Rotherham United have built there own ground.
If only someone connected to one or both of the Cities teams had put forward an idea, to do what City and the council did some 10 years later it could have been a Sheffield team that the ADG looked at investing in.
We and by that I mean all City fans plus the club owe thanks to the people who had the idea of converting the COM stadium after the games.

Don valley stadium no longer exists!

kinkysleftfoot said:
dawlish dave said:

Don valley stadium no longer exists!

Sorry but living down here we only get local news about badger culls and the like.
Very quick to flatten the stadium after the Millers left.
My point was to highlight the forward thinking in Manchester, both the club and the council had a vision sadly lacking in the Steel City. I take it the money is still being payed back or has it been written off.

Re: Don Valley Stadium.

dawlish dave said:

I was having a nosy on one of their forums and the vast majority were less than complementary. Words like soulless, classless, plastic were being bandied about. Quite a bit of jealousy and bitterness tbh. A lot of them reckon they wouldn't swap places with us lmfao!!

bluemoon98 said:
Off sky sports: Milan Mandaric in advanced talks to sell Sheffield Wednesday to investors from Thailand.

Wow good luck to them ;)

Indeed .. good luck... my sister in law is a keen Owls fan..
Let's hope they are not subjected to another Toxic Shittywatra episode

chaddblue said:
dawlish dave said:

I was having a nosy on one of their forums and the vast majority were less than complementary. Words like soulless, classless, plastic were being bandied about. Quite a bit of jealousy and bitterness tbh. A lot of them reckon they wouldn't swap places with us lmfao!!
How any one from yawkshire can call anyone else classless is a joke

squirtyflower said:
chaddblue said:
dawlish dave said:

How any one from yawkshire can call anyone else classless is a joke

Steddy on, lad.... ah ser...... STEDDY ON !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.