City vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Tellison87MCFC said:
Is the game sold out? Trying to book online won't let me choose seats keeps saying login to purchase. Even though i'm already logged in.
There are seats left in top few rows of 3rd tiers. I've had problems before trying to use mobile phone on the ticketing site, but been fine on a pc at home.

I just tried looking at your problem and choose seats is blacked out and can't do anything, surely it cant be sold out? try again later though

Willy
Sagna-Boyata-Mangala-Kolarov
Fernando-Fernandinho
Milner-Pozo-Barker
Jovetic

Give Silva, Nasri and Navas a rest as they've been playing every game, that team should still be good enough and have enough experience to win the game. Maybe Sinclair instead of Barker if we're being conservative, but I don't see much point as Sinclair is just flotsam at this point. Get a few kids on the bench for if things are going well (Ambrose, Angelino, Byrne?) along with a few steady subs like Zaba, Navas and Demi.

Wednesday fan in peace here.

Can't quite believe we've drawn you's again. Our luck is shocking!

In any case, I am hoping against hope that we give your lot a better game on Sunday. Anything less than 7-0 is progress, right?

We're going into this game after back to back wins. However we've lost, arguably, our two best players in Royston Drenthe and Lewis McGugan who have returned to their parent clubs. Our left back, Joe Mattock, is also out with a groin injury. However your ex player, Helan, is in terrific form and will fill in at left back.

I'm hoping that our manager takes this game seriously this time. You beat us 7-0 but that wasn't anywhere close to our strongest eleven. Our keeper has been our star player of the season. If he plays I'm confident that you won't get close to seven goals again.....

I'm looking forward to coming to the Etihad again. It was certainly an experience last time. Though I'm sat further back so hopefully won't have those pesky advertising boards flashing in my face every two minutes.

Best of luck for the season (after Sunday of course)

Willy
Ferns x2
Milner-Lampard-Sinclair
Jovetic

With Yaya to come on for final 30 and score 2 goals. His last game before AfCON starts.
Silva to come on for Lamps later if required
Ambrose to come on for Jov later

WednesdayFan said:

In any case, I am hoping against hope that we give your lot a better game on Sunday. Anything less than 7-0 is progress, right?

We're going into this game after back to back wins. However we've lost, arguably, our two best players in Royston Drenthe and Lewis McGugan who have returned to their parent clubs. Our left back, Joe Mattock, is also out with a groin injury. However your ex player, Helan, is in terrific form and will fill in at left back.

I'm hoping that our manager takes this game seriously this time. You beat us 7-0 but that wasn't anywhere close to our strongest eleven. Our keeper has been our star player of the season. If he plays I'm confident that you won't get close to seven goals again.....

I'm looking forward to coming to the Etihad again. It was certainly an experience last time. Though I'm sat further back so hopefully won't have those pesky advertising boards flashing in my face every two minutes.

Here's hoping we won't take it too easy this game :-). I think it will be a good match for us, but maybe not 7-0. Enjoy the game!

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Willy
Ferns x2
Milner-Lampard-Sinclair
Jovetic

With Yaya to come on for final 30 and score 2 goals. His last game before AfCON starts.
Silva to come on for Lamps later if required
Ambrose to come on for Jov later

We should play him for the full 90 minutes then, doesn't matter if he's knackered for Ivory Coast - with any luck they'll go out early and we'll get him back sooner then we expect.

WednesdayFan said:

Don't plaster my seat with Stevie May stickers again!

By the way if you are at the back of the top tier, bring a coat. The temporary roof leaks (a lot!)

I am looking forward to the game. With Wednesday stuck in midtable, I can see you really going for this, and I hope City are not complacent. I would like Silva to play. He is on a different level to most other players, but we rested him last time we played you, or he was injured. Whatever the reason, I know he wasn't playing last time.

Enjoy the day. If you ask most City fans what their favourite away ground is, a lot will say Hillsboro. I associate Hillsboro as the start of City's good times. It was Ali Benarbia's away debut, and I remember sitting in the away end and watching us stick 6 past you. And from then on we have had 2 bad seasons and loads of great seasons. Could not have dreamed that one day we'd be playing you in the FA Cup as defending League Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.