City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

Dead, buried and grave being danced on at half time. Oh so close but no cigar.

Near wet myself with Joe's effort.

Hopefully this'll be the stimulus of the rest of the season. C'mon the blues

kschuster said:
hertsblue said:
Disgusting time wasting. Should be ashamed to call themselves Professionals after that. Thought the ref got it wrong also, 5 mins was not enough injury time for the time wasting

I can't believe it was only five. For three goals, five changes and four "injuries" There should have been more. If they play like they did the second half for the rest of the season the title should be City's. Joe looked gutted in the end. Hopefully Silva gets a good rest and he can be back to himself by Chelsea.

Agreed and 25 seconds for the amount of time wasted in that injury time, oh and Hart was pulled back when he went to head the ball, clear penalty.

OH well !

Gutted we couldn't pull it off.

Pros - We showed resolve, and in the league, that's an all important 3 points.
Joe Hart could possibly be my favorite player ever, and even though I never want to buy a keeper's kit, I think I'll be purchasing one soon.

Cons - We can't use that lineup in the league -- Nasri, Yaya, Kolarov, Richards, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko - all great attackers but Chelsea would shell us if we played that way.

Got to get back together. We won the match, scored three. Let's get Vinny and JoLeon back for next week and get on and win the league.

sky tot said:
Pleased we showed some spirit, but our problem at the moment is tempo, so slow... when we speeded the passing up we looked unstoppable
Only this.

Jumanji said:
Why can't we play with urgency more often?

Why can't we try to beat a man instead of tippy tappying more often?

Why can't we put Kolarov through on goal more often? Both of our fullbacks for that matter.

That second half is how we should try to play all the time. Be more direct, we create more chances from it.

At least it looks like we *may* have some sort of Plan B. We've got ten games left for fucks sake. TEN. Tell me one good reason why they can't play like that for TEN GAMES!? I don't care if we roll them out for the last half of the season in fucking wheelchairs! We need to show that sort of desire and urgency before putting ourselves out of the fucking game!

Bit like arsenal last week and people were taking the piss out of them.

Failure is failure however it happens.

It is clear that kolorov, savic, toure, Johnson are not able stand ins and should be sold in the summer.

First half was a fucking joke.

has Joe Hart had more efforts on target in recent games than Torress????

;-)

ah well it was a pretty poor first half performance again. I think the team really misses the solid foundation that Kompany and lescott give us. I think its that we are just more confident as a team with having them two back there. We seem to be more settled and have better ability to play the ball out through the back and into the midfield....svic and to a lesser extent kolo dont offer that.......and there clearances are often hurried and ruchedd where as kompany's certainly arent and lescott has got much better than he used to be at it as well

Its the old cliche but now we can focus on the league........we now have 6 days rest b4 the chelski game which is huge......we need at least kompany back for that...hopefully gaz baz will be fit as well

dzeko looked a lot more determined than he has recently and put in a good performance when he came on which was one definite positive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.