City vs United FA Cup Final?

I actually hope this doesn't happen, anyone in the final but them. Losing to them would be awful, getting to a cup final for the first time in 30 years, being on the verge of a trophy, only to have it taken away from us by THEM at the final hurdle. That would be awful. Seeing them add another to their collection while laughing at us in the process, saying we're still just noisy neighbours and in their shadow, etc, not sure I could take it.

On the other hand, it would be great if we did beat them, and won our first trophy in 35 years right in front of all their fans, players, and manager. That would be great, and would give us a massive psychological edge over them in the future. But no, anybody but them. Seeing their fans, their faces, knowing that the one biggest thing they've used to mock us is gone, and the rest of football seeing the great impacts of our spending, and, hopefully, winning the FA Cup would just be the springboard for many more trophies.

The quarter finals was the time I wanted us to get them, when we aren't quite within touching distance.

why not? we`re right behind them,they beat us by a quality goal from a has been,their squad is dogshit,just watch what happens in the next few weeks when europe kicks in,they only just beat crawley for fucks sake.

if we have aspirations of being up there with the big boys then it`s teams like them lot that we will have to beat,whether it be 4th round or the final and besides if we did meet them at wembley at least we`d get a clear run on the motorways,bring it on i say.....

I honestly think we'll get them in the semi and beat them on pens.

Though it would then be typical of us to lose the final :/

It would give Taggart a huge dilemma.

Does he treat the cup with the contempt he's shown so far and put out his 3rd reserves and then get humiliated?

Or does he pay us the respect we deserve and put out his strongest team?

Either way I'd back us to win. Bring it on.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 am --<br /><br />
TheMightyQuinn said:
I'd like a cup final against the weakest side possible.

So you would fancy a City v United final then ...

pauldominic said:
It would give Taggart a huge dilemma.

Does he treat the cup with the contempt he's shown so far and put out his 3rd reserves and then get humiliated?

Or does he pay us the respect we deserve and put out his strongest team?

Either way I'd back us to win. Bring it on.

-- Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 am --

TheMightyQuinn said:
I'd like a cup final against the weakest side possible.

So you would fancy a City v United final then ...

true they didn't look too great fluking a win vs Gatwick Airport Social Club FC

I really think are shitting the prospect of facing us in the final, some of the lads I know arer hoping Villa knock us out.

The thought of us losing has already produced a rash over my body.

Guy_Fawkes2010 said:
Please please just bring it on

It's a dream come true, especially if we beat them !!

btw have we ever met them in the FA Cup Final ?

No, we beat them in the semi final in the 20's and haven't won a FA cup tie against them since the 50's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.