City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My only concern about the derby...

My concern is the flanks. Even Wolves were getting some joy out there at times. I'm worried that with Silva and Nasri as 'wingers' we'll be vulnerable, as Valencia is their biggest threat in my opinion. Playing Milner out wide would help, but he's so out of form and lacking recent match time that i don't know if it would be a good idea to play him.

Re: My only concern about the derby...

Tricky_Trev said:
My concern is the flanks. Even Wolves were getting some joy out there at times. I'm worried that with Silva and Nasri as 'wingers' we'll be vulnerable, as Valencia is their biggest threat in my opinion. Playing Milner out wide would help, but he's so out of form and lacking recent match time that i don't know if it would be a good idea to play him.

Ye good point. We need De Jong and Barry in defensive midfield who can cover the full backs when they go forward and allow the front players the freedom they need.

I'm chilled

Now dont get me wrong I understand how big a game this coming Monday's is but I can honestly say i'm chilled out about the whole thing. I know playing these twats obviously adds to and ups the anxiety levels but ive never felt more relaxed going into a derby game.

We have a better side, players who have won league titles, playing the better football, keeping clean sheets with a manager who has been there seen it and done it when it comes to pressure cooker situations at the end of a long season.

Saying that come Monday ill probably be as bad as anyone else but lets enjoy this week blues knowing them lot over the road are absolutely bricking it at the thought of little City (dont forget according to them nobody knows our name) coming along and taking 'their' league title off them.

CTID

Bojinov The Bull said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Ye good point. We need De Jong and Barry in defensive midfield who can cover the full backs when they go forward and allow the front players the freedom they need.

I would like to see Milner in the mix if I'm honest but I woudl agree with this. Likie many have said though it's difficult to put too much emphasis on stopping their attack as they have shown when teams haven't been afraid to go at them that they are as vulnerable as anyone. I think we'll look something like this...

-----------------Hart----------------
--------Kompany---Lescott---------
Zabaleta--------------------Clichy
----------de Jong---Barry-----------
---Tevez-------Yaya--------Silva
----------------Aguero

Get Yaya throgh the centre attacking, Scholes & Carrick can't handle him. Stop them and they have no supply to wings. Any long balls and Kompany and Lescott will mop up!

Re: I'm chilled

Been waiting for this for decades, and cannot wait for Monday.. This is where I want to be..

I'm Chilled....

Re: I'm chilled

I'm quite chilled myself, simply because i didn't expect to be in this position after the arsenal game. The fact that united have crumbled away an 8 point lead in 4 games if they lose for me puts all the pressure on their plate. The fact we are still even in the title race is already against the odds and all the reds i know are shitting it.

GerBlueBear said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
Tricky_Trev said:

I would like to see Milner in the mix if I'm honest but I woudl agree with this. Likie many have said though it's difficult to put too much emphasis on stopping their attack as they have shown when teams haven't been afraid to go at them that they are as vulnerable as anyone. I think we'll look something like this...

----------------Aguero

Get Yaya throgh the centre attacking, Scholes & Carrick can't handle him. Stop them and they have no supply to wings. Any long balls and Kompany and Lescott will mop up!

That's exactly how I see you lining up tbh. Yaya in his best position with NDJ & Barry keeping an eye on Valencia & Nani whenevr Clichy n Zaba bomb forward. I'd expect United to line up with the same formation...

---------------de Gea---------------
---------Evans---------Rio----------
Rafael---------------------------Evra
-----------Carrick--Scholes----------
--Valencia------Rooney--------Nani--
---------------Welbeck--------------

The other possibilities for United are Smalling for Rafael and Young for Nani.

Another good thing for you to take note of though is that even if it's still all square on the hour mark, Scholes will probably tire meaning Giggs will be the only natural replacement whereas you can bring the likes of Nasri & Johnson on for a bit more pace and creativity. Maybe even Balotelli.

You have much better backup to bring on put it that way.

2-1 City.

We can do this. Every game we have between now and May 14th is winable. The key factor in the United game is that we're at home, we appear to have rediscovered our form away from the Etihad and if we beat United we'll be high on confidence going into the Newcastle game and we've got QPR on the last day who will most likely be safe if they beat a very poor Stoke team at their place.

We can do this! United peaked too early! Let's get this done so we can reliax and watch the Euros!

sjk2008 said:
GerBlueBear said:
Bojinov The Bull said:

----------------Aguero

That's exactly how I see you lining up tbh. Yaya in his best position with NDJ & Barry keeping an eye on Valencia & Nani whenevr Clichy n Zaba bomb forward. I'd expect United to line up with the same formation...

---------------de Gea---------------
---------Evans---------Rio----------
Rafael---------------------------Evra
-----------Carrick--Scholes----------
--Valencia------Rooney--------Nani--
---------------Welbeck--------------

The other possibilities for United are Smalling for Rafael and Young for Nani.

Another good thing for you to take note of though is that even if it's still all square on the hour mark, Scholes will probably tire meaning Giggs will be the only natural replacement whereas you can bring the likes of Nasri & Johnson on for a bit more pace and creativity. Maybe even Balotelli.

You have much better backup to bring on put it that way.

2-1 City.

evans and raphael have no chance of starting after their performance v everton! smalling will be back................either way its a weak defence! just got to keep their scoring opportunities down and we ll win at a canter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.