City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tactics Vs Un*ted

Stoned Rose said:
1. Keep the same team as the last few games. No need for a single change (perhaps Micah for Zab at a push maybe?)

2. No Balotelli. No Dzeko. Splitting up Aguero and Tevez would be a pathetic decision.

3. Nullify their wings. Utd are built on wingers and width. Deal with this and they're basically shite. We must do what we did at the swamp - double up, fill in, concentrate like fuck. Those 3 ladyboys Valencia/ Young/ Nani only need space once and they can be devastating.

4. Keep 11 men on the pitch. We have a better first 11 than them.

5. Mark properly and win our battles at set pieces and corners.

6. Play the game, not the name.

Military precision! like it mate! Basically, fuck 'em in the ass!

Same team as wolves apart from Richards instead of zabba, and de Jong instead of nasri, let's get yaya straight at their throats from the Off

Theo555 said:
Same team as wolves apart from Richards instead of zabba, and de Jong instead of nasri, let's get yaya straight at their throats from the Off
Except Nasri instead of Silva for me, who can be our supersub alongside Mario to hammer the final nail in the Rag coffin.

Barry and De Jong (or Milner) in midfield. They are dangerous on the counter, which so happens to be our Achilles heel.

Drop Nasri, and play Yaya in an advanced position as one of the floating attacking midfielders.

Yaya will provide us with 3 things Nasri doesn't enough: Vision/through-balls, powerful surges to take the piss out of Scholes & Carrick, and shots from range.

Tactics vs Trafford

I've been working out my strategy vs United

I've come to the conclusion that united are strong on the flanks but (defensively) have a very soft core. Central midfield will be Carrick and scholes, central defence will be Evans and Ferdinand (if they're lucky). If we play Barry and Milner in defensive midfield and strong, fast full backs (richards and clichy) who can match United's wingers then we will cut out a very large proportion of their attack. We need 5 men in our half at any one time (one of the defensive midfielders could be granted a more influential role when going forward) to stop them playing counter attacking football because this is how they play every game. We also need to make toure, silva, tevez and aguero run at the central midfielders/defenders (like I mentioned, their 'soft core'. This could bring out the desparation of the older players like scholes (due to his lack of pace and terrible tackling) and Ferdinand (who cannot run anymore and gets easily frustrated), but this strategy could also exploit the relative inexperience of Carrick and Evans, when they are ran at by the likes of toure and tevez they will likely soil themselves.

So as long as we get these four terrifying players running at their vulnerable centre, keep our flanks covered and use at least one of the defensive midfielders as cover (just in case) we will win.

Not that any of this matters.

Has anyone else been pointlessly rattling the game plan through their heads?

Re: Tactics vs Trafford

Game Plan is wait to all their fans take their seats then shoot the lot of them.

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
I've been working out my strategy vs United

I've come to the conclusion that united are strong on the flanks but (defensively) have a very soft core. Central midfield will be Carrick and scholes, central defence will be Evans and Ferdinand (if they're lucky). If we play Barry and Milner in defensive midfield and strong, fast full backs (richards and clichy) who can match United's wingers then we will cut out a very large proportion of their attack. We need 5 men in our half at any one time (one of the defensive midfielders could be granted a more influential role when going forward) to stop them playing counter attacking football because this is how they play every game. We also need to make toure, silva, tevez and aguero run at the central midfielders/defenders (like I mentioned, their 'soft core'. This could bring out the desparation of the older players like scholes (due to his lack of pace and terrible tackling) and Ferdinand (who cannot run anymore and gets easily frustrated), but this strategy could also exploit the relative inexperience of Carrick and Evans, when they are ran at by the likes of toure and tevez they will likely soil themselves.

So as long as we get these four terrifying players running at their vulnerable centre, keep our flanks covered and use at least one of the defensive midfielders as cover (just in case) we will win.

Not that any of this matters.

Has anyone else been pointlessly rattling the game plan through their heads?

I like the idea of sacking off the tactics and throwing the kitcken sink at them. In reality I know this is Naive but they'd shit themselves.

watched them a lot this season and in my eyes they are very predictable...wooney takes ball deep, runs forward at pace, draws a midfielder / defender, knocks it out on the right to valencia, then makes its run into the box.

stop this move and they will struggle to score

if they go one down they will have to change overall tactics because we are in the driving seat, so as more pour forward it may suit our play even more.

bring it on, if i've noticed it, RM must have done!

salfordpaul said:
watched them a lot this season and in my eyes they are very predictable...wooney takes ball deep, runs forward at pace, draws a midfielder / defender, knocks it out on the right to valencia, then makes its run into the box.

stop this move and they will struggle to score

if they go one down they will have to change overall tactics because we are in the driving seat, so as more pour forward it may suit our play even more.

bring it on, if i've noticed it, RM must have done!

good post. Clichy and Richards have to be wise to this. A defensive midfielder marked on Rooney will limit his comfort when playing this sort of move and if the ball gets to valencia/young/nani and they whip it we will have our defensive midfielder as well as our centre backs to deal with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.