City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tactics Vs Un*ted

As someone sais earlier, if SAF wont park the bus against Barcelona, I can't see him doing it against you. Despite only needing a draw.

At first, I'd have thought Welbeck would be sacrificed despite playing well against Everton however there's no way SAF will start both Scholes & Giggs. So Welbeck up top and Rooney dropping deep with Nani & Valencia out wide to counter Clichy & (surely) Micah.

Yaya seems to have been a menace whenever he's played United and that's why I'd put him in front of Barry and NDJ. You might be favourites and United's defense might be pants when pressurised but they are still very dangerous going forward so that's why I would play NDJ in this one. Question is whether it's Nasri or Tevez.

Hart
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
NDJ-Barry
Silva-Yaya-Tevez
Aguero

vs

Welbeck
Nani-Rooney-Valencia
Scholes-Carrick
Evra-Ferdinand-Evans-Smalling
De Gea

I'm looking forward to this a lot more than I was a few weeks back when I thought it was pretty much wrapped up.

Tough to call for me. Initially thought 1-1 but going to go for:

City 2
Aguero, Tevez (you just know he will score)

United 1
Nani

We need to go for it - yesterday showed that they are not great at the back when you attack them.

We also need to show a bit more bottle and composure than we did at Wolves. Yaya Silva and Barry need to control the midfield.

Train said:
I have a feeling that one of silva or nasri will be making way for milner.

I'll be honest, if it's any of them I would rather it be SIlva...

Nasri has been playing great and offers more of a goal scoring threat. Since Silva has been more oftenly subbed than Nasri, Nasri has gone on to play with more confidence. Never in a million years thought I'd say this at the start of the season but that's how I feel. Plus I feel comfortable knowing Silva can come on as an impact sub.

For once though I feel as though Mancini won't tamper with the line-up. Only change may be Richards for Zabaleta.

mcfc1996 said:
This is where Tevez pays us back. You knew the minute he came back this was the game he would have the biggest say.

Made a huge difference in that he will shoot from distance. Teams were beginning to expect us to do the "Arsenal" passing through them style every time. Now they don't.

royle said:
They only need a point really,so it would make sense for them to play us on the break,we have to win,they know that,so they will sit and wait for opportunities,if we score however,its a different game.

My point exactly, if we score in the first 25 mins them they will have to come out more which should leave gaps for us to exploit (in theory) I can see just one goal deciding it.

They just cannot defend low hard balls across the box,witness yesterday and the 6-1.Richards and Clichy are adept at providing them.Play them on the floor.

like many have said no fucking around.......attack these bastards!!! we have the firepower and players to smash them!! hopefully mancini goes out to win the game and not to not lose the game. at the etihad we should do these!! come on city!!!

We should just play our natural game and not worry too much about what the rags will do. Same team as yesterday for me with the exception of Richards in for Zaba.

Going to be hard to predict what team Slur Alex goes with ... my best guess will be:

Jones...Rio....Evans....Evra

Valencia....Scholes...Carrick...Young

........WellHard.....Rooney......

He know they can't defend for toffee when put under pressure so he'll come to try and attack and outscore us.

Just love the idiot who thinks that parking the bus is a 0 - 0 - 10 formation, when he is actually calling for no defence, no midfield, and ten strikers
YCNMIU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.