City vs Utd post match discussion

OB1 said:
I'm not despairing. I'm not downhearted or despondent after that. I'm also more frustrated than irritated by the dumb way in which we conceded goals against the run of play. This was always a game that it was more important not to lose than to win; the more so when we had deservedly come back from two down. So to allow the scum another late win was a faux pas that could come back to haunt us at the end of the season. It's even more irksome because it was not this time a case of us dropping deeper and deeper and asking for trouble in the face of Rag pressure: we had the bastards by the balls. I just hope that the City players learn form this and that Mancini does.

Bobby must stop tinkering and just field his best available team week in week out, the odd rest here and there aside. We must go for it more. I just hope that our strikers can find some form: yet again, they failed to put the ball in the net. We outplayed the Rags but they out-finshed us.

Also, Mansour has to be brave in the face of FFPR and right the wrongs of the summer window. We should spend whatever it takes to buy Falcao, De Rossi and Isco. These are players that I think we can use without disturbing the way that we play: a radical overhaul of our style is not an option but we must work on using greater width.

Very good post mate. I do think your wish list is beyond the realms of reality though with FFP doing its bit to keep us down.

City Raider said:
so he went with 6-1 pairing up top, it wasnt that ridiculous a decision

gutted for the banter in work etc but not for the title, he who laughs last and all that
don`t be gutted for the banter mate,just remind them that you used to be this giddy whenever we beat the champions.....

OB1 said:
I'm not despairing. I'm not downhearted or despondent after that. I'm also more frustrated than irritated by the dumb way in which we conceded goals against the run of play. This was always a game that it was more important not to lose than to win; the more so when we had deservedly come back from two down. So to allow the scum another late win was a faux pas that could come back to haunt us at the end of the season. It's even more irksome because it was not this time a case of us dropping deeper and deeper and asking for trouble in the face of Rag pressure: we had the bastards by the balls. I just hope that the City players learn form this and that Mancini does.

Bobby must stop tinkering and just field his best available team week in week out, the odd rest here and there aside. We must go for it more. I just hope that our strikers can find some form: yet again, they failed to put the ball in the net. We outplayed the Rags but they out-finshed us.

Also, Mansour has to be brave in the face of FFPR and right the wrongs of the summer window. We should spend whatever it takes to buy Falcao, De Rossi and Isco. These are players that I think we can use without disturbing the way that we play: a radical overhaul of our style is not an option but we must work on using greater width.
I've been watching City since 1953 - Yes Burt Trautman was our German keeper at the time. I'm retired in Spain now and I did watch the game on tv here today. What makes me laugh is you rattling all these names off that Mancini should buy. Let me remind everyone whose whinging today that had we not been bought buy the arabs we would be in the Championship now! Stop being greedy, have some faith and don't get carried away about last season - we didn't win it - the rags threw it away

Though we were well below par in the first half. Lacked penetration and gave away 2 stupid goals. Should have definitely made that first 14 mins count when they were on the back foot.

Second half when Tevez came on we performed much much better and deservedly got back in the game.

Thought Smallings handball was an absolute joke which led to them having a penalty claim which should have been a penalty.

Clichy should have just given the ball to Joe for their 3rd.

Overall to many individual mistakes at key moments.

On another note. Don't think the end would have been anywhere near as bad had Rooney not slid on his knees right infront of us.

Anyone know what kicked off in Colin Bell 328/9?

Everyone stood up and heard shouting like "red ****" but couldn't see what happened to the guy

michaelspain said:
OB1 said:

I've been watching City since 1953 - Yes Burt Trautman was our German keeper at the time. I'm retired in Spain now and I did watch the game on tv here today. What makes me laugh is you rattling all these names off that Mancini should buy. Let me remind everyone whose whinging today that had we not been bought buy the arabs we would be in the Championship now! Stop being greedy, have some faith and don't get carried away about last season - we didn't win it - the rags threw it away
I don't doubt you've been watching City since 1953. The rest of your post and some of your others tonight suggest your support for them is a little nebulous.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
michaelspain said:
OB1 said:

I don't doubt you've been watching City since 1953. The rest of your post and some of your others tonight suggest your support for them is a little nebulous.
Was thinking exactly the same thing.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
michaelspain said:
OB1 said:

I'm 65 now and I've been through the lot with City. I'm grateful for the fabulous stadium we have and all the rescourses that we have now, but I don't bang on about stuff through 'blue eyes'. I'm a realist and I've learned over the years that you can't be arrogant in football. Arrogance seems to be the the norm in the forums as if the lads should never lose! 55 years I've supported City now - I've seen the lot and suffered more than I've rejoiced. Take a step back and enjoy the fact that we are where we are today - Don't believe me? Ask the scoucers in red!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.