City vs Utd post match discussion

That 1st half was very disappointing why do we have a to go a couple of goals behind and then start playing shocking.Referee was very poor today as well

We started brightly and they played 1-10-0-0 like they always do against us. For some reason after shrek fluked it we lost our heads for a bit. All in all we battered them all game, and but for their three lucky goals from three chances we could have won 6-1 again.

Roll on Old Trashturd, we will maul them.

OptaCity ‏@OptaCity
800 - Yaya Toure's goal today was #MCFC's 800th goal in the Premier League era. Milestone.
A9sFaQXCEAAg9qc.jpg:large

the talisman said:
Fuck em, they were 8 clear last season and we caught them, and we've got no euro games now so have faith Blues

Absolutely gutted though
We caught them up last season because we were playing well. This season we are to slow,to predictable and some players just will not make the effort to get back. Surely Mancini can see this. It amazies me he hasnt put this right by now. We are trying to play like we did last season but teams are defending better against us and breaking out and scoring against the run of play thats why were nearly always down after the first 20 minutes.

Seedy Ron said:
stan bowles said:
Seedy Ron said:
What can you say? The Rags had three shots on goal and scored three times. Football kicks you in the balls from time to time, whoever you are or whatever the level you are involved in it. (Remember the look on Baconface and Phyllis Jones last season).

Once Balotelli was off we were the much better side and even before that we looked the more likely apart from 2 finishes from shrek's ankle (he is one lucky bastard). The finishing of our strikers is our main problem and once that is sorted I believe we can begin to hit the kind of form we showed last season.

I just hope this was the game where Mancini finally gives up the ghost with Mario being given a starting berth. In the league he must now see that the only strikers who deserve to start while they are available are Aguero, Tevez and as a tactical reason for a particularly tall team or one that is susceptible in the air, Dzeko. Balotelli, for all his talent, has the worse temperament that I think I have ever seen in a player and we will never see the best of this footballer as long as he has got a hole in his a*se. Sub at best from now on and/or shipped back to Italy in January or the summer in my opinion.

In a nutshell, we are out of luck and with it our strikers eye for goal is poor at the moment, while those jammy bastards have both commodities in spades. I really believe we are the better team and over a season of 38 games I would like to think, like last season, that the better team will win.

Just like last season blues, KTF!

Their finishing was better than ours - drop the "jammy bastards" line. If we'd had their strikers today we'd have won 5-2 or 6-2. It's about being clinical in front of goal and, right now, our strikers haven't got that. Mancini has been banging on about this all week.

The 'Jammy Bastards' line alludes to the fact that Shrek scored with his ankle twice and Van Rapist scored with a deflection, hence 'Jammy Bastards'. I think you will find that I also said our strikers eye for goal is lacking.

Read what I am trying to say and you might not need to comment on it.

Shrek sliced two into the bottom corner off his ankle both times, did he ? If you saw that then fair enough but it didn't look like that from where I was sitting.

tijuana tev said:
the talisman said:
Fuck em, they were 8 clear last season and we caught them, and we've got no euro games now so have faith Blues

Absolutely gutted though
We caught them up last season because we were playing well. This season we are to slow,to predictable and some players just will not make the effort to get back. Surely Mancini can see this. It amazies me he hasnt put this right by now. We are trying to play like we did last season but teams are defending better against us and breaking out and scoring against the run of play thats why were nearly always down after the first 20 minutes.

Some fans a blinkered we were pedestrian last season in some games watch the last 4 games of last season and see any difference I can't

I thought we bossed the game pretty much. But for some reason - lack of confidence perhaps, I dunno what - we have completely lost all composure in front of goal. Snatching at chances, wrong choices, tippy tappy, stepping on the ball, poor first touch, poor decisions... You name it, we do it. It's not just a striker problem, it's everyone.

I don't know what's gone wrong, or how to fix it, but it's been like this all season. Very depressing because we were better than them in every other respect. But if we continually fluff our lines in front of goal, you have no chance.

Look on the bright side. If Young's goal would have stood (which it should) it would have been 0-3 - God knows what the final score would have been if the second ref hadn't buggered up!

I'm not despairing. I'm not downhearted or despondent after that. I'm also more frustrated than irritated by the dumb way in which we conceded goals against the run of play. This was always a game that it was more important not to lose than to win; the more so when we had deservedly come back from two down. So to allow the scum another late win was a faux pas that could come back to haunt us at the end of the season. It's even more irksome because it was not this time a case of us dropping deeper and deeper and asking for trouble in the face of Rag pressure: we had the bastards by the balls. I just hope that the City players learn form this and that Mancini does.

Bobby must stop tinkering and just field his best available team week in week out, the odd rest here and there aside. We must go for it more. I just hope that our strikers can find some form: yet again, they failed to put the ball in the net. We outplayed the Rags but they out-finshed us.

Also, Mansour has to be brave in the face of FFPR and right the wrongs of the summer window. We should spend whatever it takes to buy Falcao, De Rossi and Isco. These are players that I think we can use without disturbing the way that we play: a radical overhaul of our style is not an option but we must work on using greater width.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.