City vs Villa post match discussion

Just knew the little fella Carlito was up for it today...said to the missus we are due to spank someone and look what happened :)

Would like to give a shout to Sinclair he ran for everything when he came on...good on you pal.

Loving the Kompany Nastasic duo these 2 are the future i think...

Damocles said:
Young said:
Maicon is brilliant.

Maicon has always been brilliant.

He had a bad year last year which is to be expected with the upheavel of formation, manager changes, defensive changes and injuries but this somehow became massively overstated in England because Gareth Bale ran past him twice a few years ago.

Two seasons ago he had 11 assists. As a full back. The season before he got 15 assists and 8 goals.

He's very Dani Alvesey, making very late diagonal runs into the box from wide and drilling the ball across the goal. Having someone actually wanting to drill the ball from wide first time is something we've struggled with outside of Kolarov.

I can't help but drool at the prospect of 3 at the back with Maicon and Kolarov as our wing backs and Edin Dzeko up front with Aguero to get on the end of those balls. It gives us another dimension.

We've got a bit of a bargain here, as this coming season will hopefully show.

Agreed.

Always been a great player, just needs a run of a few games to get fitter and then he'll be flying.

Rammy Blue said:
Agreed.

Always been a great player, just needs a run of a few games to get fitter and then he'll be flying.

One of my all time favourite players. No doubt he will be a big performer for us. None whatsoever.

The Bale stuff is just laughable.

Two superb performances in a row. More to come.

ZZmaestro said:
inbetween said:
I have to say the refs gave us this one, played well anyway though never doubted the result just how many. Come on Norwich!!!

No, you are wayyyy wrong.
We were ALREADY 1 - 0 and getting them suffocating in their own 18s before the first pen was gifted to us.
We were dominating upfront and in the midle. What elese would you want ?
When the Rags get a Pen, it is A L W A Y S when they are struggling to keep up with their opposition, often when they are 1 goal behind or drawing against a tough side.
Today, we don't owe the refs the victory.
We won fair and square / period.

The hole team has been excellent :
Silva's back to his standard, majestic today, my Motm
Tevez was the pitbull you love to have by your side
Aguero was verry slopy in the first half but improved his play after that
Yaya/Barry/Nasri where ticking today, great defending and great opening-play
Komps/Nastasic where efficient and at last are coming up as a duet
Clichy as good as usual
Maicon's delivery is second to none in the league, if he shreds a litle fat ( arround 10lbs i think) and get razor sharp, he will be unstoppable !

Sinclair : missing sitters when you are given the unique chance of proving to your manager that he is wrong not to start you won't help him ....
100% Correct!

Damocles said:
I can't help but drool at the prospect of 3 at the back with Maicon and Kolarov as our wing backs and Edin Dzeko up front with Aguero to get on the end of those balls. It gives us another dimension.

We've got a bit of a bargain here, as this coming season will hopefully show.

I just popped back in here to type exactly this. I think with Maicon 3-5-2 may actually have a point now. He's certainly intelligent enough to understand exactly how the system should be implemented and his current arsenal seem perfectly suited to it. Watch this space I suppose!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Agreed.

One of my all time favourite players. No doubt he will be a big performer for us. None whatsoever.

The Bale stuff is just laughable.

Two superb performances in a row. More to come.

Typical mentality of a lot of English football fans, just like Ibra being shite because of a couple of dodgy games in the Champs league....

Reallly enjoyable day today including the bike ride there and back.

As for the match, like many others here I find this slow probing close passing around the box frustrating and wish for a bit of width. However we'd better get used to it cos that is how its going to be. And we are top of the league.

But what I hadnt appreciated before is that A) it must have a very demoralising effect on the opposition (not to mention tiring) and B) if they dont get the ball, theyre not going to score agsinst us. Which is why so many of our goals conceded have been from set pieces rather than open play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.