City vs Villa post match discussion

Ducado said:
taconinja said:
Ducado said:
Felt a bit sorry for the Villa fans, not many there and very quiet even at 0-0, I don't mind Villa (or any Brum Club)
They don't really have a lot to cheer do they? If they continue this way and get dropped it will feel weird next season not seeing them there.

Worst thing was getting rid of Mad Martin, they were quite solid with him at the helm

O'Neill is one of the most over rated managers ever, Villa are in the state they are in because of him. He is almost like Mark Hughes in the sense that he is good without a budget but when given money to spend he is gash. That season when they threw away 4th position after the investment they had really fucked them up especially as they had players who they signed and didn't use like Habib Beye and Reo-Coker on £50k a week. Also Sunderland seem to be struggling at moment also.

I haven't actually got anything against O'Neill but it just annoys me that his failures never get mention and he is made out to be a world class manager even more so when we see Mancini getting slated at every opportunity despite being a Winner and our side be undefeated this year.

city91 said:
Ducado said:
taconinja said:
They don't really have a lot to cheer do they? If they continue this way and get dropped it will feel weird next season not seeing them there.

Worst thing was getting rid of Mad Martin, they were quite solid with him at the helm

O'Neill is one of the most over rated managers ever, Villa are in the state they are in because of him. He is almost like Mark Hughes in the sense that he is good without a budget but when given money to spend he is gash. That season when they threw away 4th position after the investment they had really fucked them up especially as they had players who they signed and didn't use like Habib Beye and Reo-Coker on £50k a week. Also Sunderland seem to be struggling at moment also.

I haven't actually got anything against O'Neill but it just annoys me that his failures never get mention and he is made out to be a world class manager even more so when we see Mancini getting slated at every opportunity despite being a Winner and our side be undefeated this year.

Mancini gets criticism this season from those who think he has failed to make progress from last year eg in Europe. There are also those who think his man-management skills aren't good enough and his 1-2-1 relationship with individual players is nowhere near as good as O'Neill's.
Don't let it annoy you mate, it just is

A good performance for us to take to the Real Madrid game, one or two dodgy defensive moments but other than that Villa didn't threaten us many times. Villa will be ok once Richard Dunne returns from injury and if Paul Lambert will be given a bit of money to sign one or two more experienced players in January.

Re:

Raco said:
Is it only me, or was the first half infuriating to watch? Just our decision making & our ability to find and open space was terrible. I understand that they were with 9 men, however we need to find a way to start scoring early, and stop relying on our opposition to tire or change tactics then pounce on them.
Totally agree with what you're saying!! Against better teams we have to find a more expansive and quicker game. We are trying to 1-2 our way throught defences all the time playing pretty pretty touch football. Against the Villas of this world it will probably always pay off. We have all the possesion so we should be brave enough to swing in numerous balls early on and get someone on the end of them. Rags are great exponents of this, and will simply play the percentages knowing they can't outfootball teams like we can, but rely on a goal from every 3rd or 4th cross. I'm saying we should mix up our style of play a little and become less predictable, not abandon our passing game.

summer of 69 said:
Not read all the post, but can anyone tell me what Carlitos's goal celebration what all about

The police impounded his car .... again.

Would Carlos hav to sit a theory test? He might struggle.

Also anyone know why joe had a black armband on? Didn't see it yesterday only just seen it on MOTD.

And Hansen was pissed.

Re:

Raco said:
Is it only me, or was the first half infuriating to watch? Just our decision making & our ability to find and open space was terrible. I understand that they were with 9 men, however we need to find a way to start scoring early, and stop relying on our opposition to tire or change tactics then pounce on them.

No it wasn't just you. I actually thought the first half was quite dull. 60%+ possession and lucky with a scrappy goal. Yes, Villa parked the bus but too much what I call tippy tappy football around the box...Maicon's direct passing is refreshing in this sence.

But Villa and Spurs have IMO seen us recaptue some of the swagger of last season so onwards and upwards...top of the league!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.